Jelavic Thread

Brian Laudrup

I'd beat u at a game of Bamboozle

Deal with it!

The game of kings - ha what a trip down memory lane this is

As for Jela, only a right walloper would have thought we were gonna get anywhere near £10m - if it were to be £3.5m up front with add ons taking it upto £7m, it wouldn't be a terrible deal, though i'd certainly like a little more - The club aren't going to do a deal that doesn't work for them - just have to wait and see. Quite literally, 48 hours

He didn't take one penalty last Season and it isn't all about stats. Like I've said already, in the past few games David Healy has been able to bring our midfield into the game more than Jelavic.

You cannot be serious if you think there has been no difference in his play this Season and his play last Season.

You also can't count him scoring in the CL this Season, he didn't. He scored in Europe, but he missed more chances than he put away.

He's proven in Europe given by his Europa record surely?

The game of kings - ha what a trip down memory lane this is

As for Jela, only a right walloper would have thought we were gonna get anywhere near £10m - if it were to be £3.5m up front with add ons taking it upto £7m, it wouldn't be a terrible deal, though i'd certainly like a little more - The club aren't going to do a deal that doesn't work for them - just have to wait and see. Quite literally, 48 hours

If I was Whyte, Id say 3.5m cash and 10 payments of 450K

Pay up or fuck off (tu)

He didn't take one penalty last Season and it isn't all about stats. Like I've said already, in the past few games David Healy has been able to bring our midfield into the game more than Jelavic.

You cannot be serious if you think there has been no difference in his play this Season and his play last Season.

You also can't count him scoring in the CL this Season, he didn't. He scored in Europe, but he missed more chances than he put away.

I think because last season we won the League people forget how truly awful we were, the amount of abuse Walter took on here was incredible.

And when Healy has came into the team it has stopped us just punting the ball forward and actually playing Football so you cant compare the two.

Ok he scored in the qualifiers, you know what I meant.

Fuck.

Forgot about the penalty were Edu scored the rebound?

Never said they were "Champions League quality" but he did score in the Champions League.

And he has scored 17 fucking goals in 26 starts this season how is that not scoring for fun :lol:? and what other weaknesses has he shown?

Please explain your posts instead of just saying "not true".

Jelavic has NOT scored in the Champions League for us. Do your homework. It was a CL QUALIFIER! Malmo are pish, and were shown up for that in their next game, and the lesser Europa League games.

He has scored 14 fucking goals in the SPL, not 17! See that 2nd goal we lost V's St Mirren.....who gave the ball away and couldn't be arsed tracking back?? :pipe: How about his lack of desire in general???

He's proven in Europe given by his Europa record surely?

What?

I never said he wasn't proven, all I said was he didn't score in the CL for us. He scored in Europe for us, but missed more chances than he put away.

He plays for Croatia, I doubt anyone could argue he couldn't cope in Europe.

I was just talking about him at Rangers there.

like every other striker in the world <cr>

Jelavic has NOT scored in the Champions League for us. Do your homework. It was a CL QUALIFIER! Malmo are pish, and were shown up for that in their next game, and the lesser Europa League games.

He has scored 14 fucking goals in the SPL, not 17! See that 2nd goal we lost V's St Mirren.....who gave the ball away and couldn't be arsed tracking back?? :pipe: How about his lack of desire in general???

Technially it's still classed as the Champions League.

Post above for the first sentence.

I never said just SPL goals. He cost a goal, doesn't mean he has lost desire. He has still being scoring regularly and puts in plenty of effort.

like every other striker in the world <cr>

I'm hardly talking about 100 games.

Over two games he scored one goal. He had at least 2 or 3 more than scorable chances. Ones I would expect a '£8Million player' to put away, especially one that is apparently 'scoring for fun'.

https://twitter.com/tonybarrettimes

" £3.5m is the initial payment. Could possibly double."

Is that really the best we can do?

7m? Take it and run.

Press are giving out the intial small sum just to be utter arseholes.

Bet the likes of Hutton/Ceullar/Boumsong etc were all very small intial fee's too.

Even Danny Wilson, intially 2m.

Never mind the cup winning goal against the taigs or the countless times he scored crucial goals to help winning the title last season.

He might not be on form just now but he has more goals than anyone else in the SPL and is way out infront as our top goal scorer, doing this in a team that has punted long balls up to him for months is pretty decent IMO. We know what he has to offer and he needs a partner to do this so it's no wonder he hasnt looked himself of late.

It's nothing to do with a lack of desire or did you miss him busting a gut to win a corner in his last game in the last minutes, he's hit a bad run of form but still scored the goals.

I'm hardly talking about 100 games.

Over two games he scored one goal. He had at least 2 or 3 more than scorable chances. Ones I would expect a '£8Million player' to put away, especially one that is apparently 'scoring for fun'.

Like big Andy Carroll, 35 million player who burys every chance.

And he has been scoring regularly how can you deny that?

I think because last season we won the League people forget how truly awful we were, the amount of abuse Walter took on here was incredible.

And when Healy has came into the team it has stopped us just punting the ball forward and actually playing Football so you cant compare the two.

Ok he scored in the qualifiers, you know what I meant.

Not sure what the first sentence has to do with Jelavic? For me he was the shining light last Season, I can remember thinking what an unbelievable player we have on our hands. But for me, he has failed to reach those heights again. I don't know how he was at Rapid, or if those 5 months of football were the best of his career so far?

Maybe, but still when he has been getting the ball to feet he's not been doing the basics, in my opinion. He can hold the ball up better than he has been lately.