Best Player?

garycassidy1802

This is a bit of a double question.

Who do you believe is the best player on our books just now?

Who do you believe is the best player you have seen grace the blue jersey?

This is just out of boredom and liking reading what others think.

I personally, would say Naismith is the best player on our books, but in terms on playing atm. Boca or Aluko.

The best player I have ever seen, I am going to take from my teen years and say Dado Prso, the guy was different class, although Arteta and Rino come close.

Aluko is the most direct and driven player on our books with Boca just behind him at the moment.

Without Aluko I would dread to think where if any of our creativity would come from as Davis plays far too deep.

Last season it was Jelavic but he has hit nowhere near those heights so far.

Best current player is Jelavic - form is temporary, class is permanent.

Best I've ever seen? Cox or Caldow or Baxter or Laudrup. I'll say Caldow.

Old guys used to rave about Morton, McPhail and Meiklejohn but they used to say that even older guys told them the greatest was Jimmy Gordon.

I remember standing in the bear pit at pitodrie last season when Jela scored THAT goal. Pure Class.

I can think of any brilliant goals this season :(

For me it's Aluko or Edu. Both seem to just get stuck in and want to play (granted Edu does have the odd off day)

All time would be seeing Laudrup in my childhood. Awestruck

My all time favourite player (that i've seen play that is) is Brian Laudrup. An absolute World Class player and gentleman to boot. I met him at Ibrox before an old firm game and was shaking like a leaf. I managed to get out a hello, a sheepish presentation of a pen and the home top i'd just been presented with, and a get well soon and the great man signed the top, put his hand on my shoulder and said thanks. A small thing, but that acknowledgement of a true legend actually listening to a fan (and not going through the motions like another player I met that day) was just terrific.

Our in form player at present is probably Edu or Bocanegra, but our most talented IMO is Jelavic with McGregor and Naismith a close second/third.

Make that a x2

De Boer was just amazing to watch and if we had De Boer for 9 in a row it would have went on to 12 or 13 easy

He was my first 'Rangers idol' and as I started watching Rangers just after 9IAR I never got to see the likes of Laudraup and Gazza.

Loved him, played the game the right way and I always loved his attitude when here. He had played for Ajax and Barcelona, yet came to Scotland and Rangers (I know we are a massive club) and gave it his all and celebrated his goals like he would at any of his previous clubs. First class player and man!

Make that a x2

De Boer was just amazing to watch and if we had De Boer for 9 in a row it would have went on to 12 or 13 easy

I'm sorry but De Boer had only one good season, and even as good as he was during that season, I'm struggling to think of who he would have replaced from the 9IAR team ?

I'm sorry but De Boer had only one good season, and even as good as he was during that season, I'm struggling to think of who he would have replaced from the 9IAR team ?

De Boer was awesome mate

If we had him in 9IAR during his peak he could have been that extra bit of class

Replace? I dont know but i dont think it would have been a bad thing to have him there