Jelavic will not play tomorrow!

Potdog

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea of playing without our only quality striker is terrifying. Healy can score goals but he needs two or three times as many chances as other players at a similar level.

I'd even feel a lot better if I knew some hot prospect from the youth team would get a call up, but we don't even seem to have that option with Hemmings always injured.

Lafferty is useless. I always seen the best in him as a player and you can't blame the guy for his injury, but let's face it - he isn't contributing anywhere near enough to the team.

Now we face the prospect of Healy alone up top or alongside Kerkar. I don't know about the older bears on here but I have certainly never seen a less threatening front line for Rangers.

It all comes down to poor organisation in my opinion. Sitting here waiting as the clock ticks down to matchday and the window closing, hoping for a cheque with £9 million on it to appear, meanwhile scuppering our chances of £7 million if all else fails by deriding the bid. It seems like madness to me.

We can bang on about him being worth £9 million, but he's only worth what someone is willing to pay, and that figure so far appears to be £7 million. Take the money, get a quality replacement in Salihi, Brozek or whoever else and win at the weekend to get three points that could help us generate markedly more revenue than the £2 million discrepancy. Think how close the title race has been several times in the last decade - 3 points can be the difference between failure and a domestic title & the European treasure chest.

Broadfoot, Naismith, Ness, Jelavic, Lafferty and Whittaker all out for tomorrow.

By the looks of it it looks like Healy with kerkar just behind him since kerkar was playing upfront in the aberdeen game

will miss clubfoot badly. maybe holding him back so as he doesn't get injured what with all the tpo english teams in for him

Why don't the club just tell us the truth........

Maybe..... Just maybe...... They actually are.

The base assumption we're being lied to is paranoia that we're better than. He's out for this game, deal with it and discuss the options we have and quit whining about whether it's true or not.

Illness my arse - the player wants out and Whyte wants him out - simple as that. Be prepared for a shambolic last minute loan deal to replace him. McCoist then comes out and says the he is happy the current squad can compete for the title. Oh and McCulloch comes out and spouts some pish too

I wouldn't complain if we got q loan in if they can do what we need from them, I mentioned piqionne before last window and got shot down, I think he would do a turn

Well we need goals and he has a terrible record on that front.

He is on big wages too so I doubt he'd come to Scotland.

You talk too much sense pal. God help us if we don't get a half decent replacement for Jelavic. However, I still believe the tims will collapse, their run almost came to an end last week. Their time is running out and we must take advantage of any slip ups.

The idea of playing without our only quality striker is terrifying. Healy can score goals but he needs two or three times as many chances as other players at a similar level.

I'd even feel a lot better if I knew some hot prospect from the youth team would get a call up, but we don't even seem to have that option with Hemmings always injured.

Lafferty is useless. I always seen the best in him as a player and you can't blame the guy for his injury, but let's face it - he isn't contributing anywhere near enough to the team.

Now we face the prospect of Healy alone up top or alongside Kerkar. I don't know about the older bears on here but I have certainly never seen a less threatening front line for Rangers.

It all comes down to poor organisation in my opinion. Sitting here waiting as the clock ticks down to matchday and the window closing, hoping for a cheque with £9 million on it to appear, meanwhile scuppering our chances of £7 million if all else fails by deriding the bid. It seems like madness to me.

We can bang on about him being worth £9 million, but he's only worth what someone is willing to pay, and that figure so far appears to be £7 million. Take the money, get a quality replacement in Salihi, Brozek or whoever else and win at the weekend to get three points that could help us generate markedly more revenue than the £2 million discrepancy. Think how close the title race has been several times in the last decade - 3 points can be the difference between failure and a domestic title & the European treasure chest.

Well we need goals and he has a terrible record on that front.

He is on big wages too so I doubt he'd come to Scotland.

Wages, what's he after?

At Portsmouth he actually looked good and now he's overlooked where he is, I'm sure in the SPL his record would improve, all guess work but I think it would work out

Wages, what's he after?

At Portsmouth he actually looked good and now he's overlooked where he is, I'm sure in the SPL his record would improve, all guess work but I think it would work out

No idea what the figure actually is but I'd wager it's much higher than the £7-10k we can afford at the moment.

I don't think we can offer our top wages to players over 32-33 anymore. Beattie has made sure that won't happen again.

No idea what the figure actually is but I'd wager it's much higher than the £7-10k we can afford at the moment.

I don't think we can offer our top wages to players over 32-33 anymore. Beattie has made sure that won't happen again.

True true, may like thought of winning titles for a season or two and playing in Europe, afterall I think the move to Portsmouth was meant to be his big move, or part of his plan to get a bigger club and it aint worked

Its obvious he isnt sick, why do rangers treat us like idiots.

We better have a replacement lined up because if we sell him with a day to go in transfer window and bring in a 30year old freebie I will be ragin.

It would be incredibly funny if they thought we'd believe Jelavic was actually sick and they tried to sell him without us knowing.

"Jelavic is playing for Liverpool tomorrow?! He was in bed with Man Flu the last I checked!"