One man's shame... A nation's disgrace.

D'Artagnan

But could they not have become involved without becoming partisan ? After all everyone in Scottish football appears to want Regan out as a consequence of his conduct.

This whole situation has gone beyond partisan, it is bordering on ethnic cleansing. I dont see any tims calling for Regans head.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

D' your articles are so refreshing and a must read on here, but on this Politics side, it would be suicide for a Scottish politician to speak out on our troubles. Salmond tried it and look what happened, christ the whole of Scotland is against Rangers just now going with Newspapers, Forums, blogs, they may debate in Westminister cause it probably will not affect them politically, but, try getting a MSP up here saying Rangers have been punished enough and they probably will be looking at losing their seat at next local election.

Not saying that is right, just the way policticians behave.

Ps. Keep up the good work mate.

North

I acknowledge what you and the other poster who brought this subject up are saying. However when governing bodies are being accused of bullying/lying/corrupt practices by a whole host of credible witnesses...when they are conducting themselves against the very laws of this land...in a situation which will have a major impact on the economy in Scotland - should they not at the very least be expressing such concerns ? And in doing so is that necessarily partisan ?

It was expressed earlier that politics was about popularity - which is true - but being impotent during the time of our national sports greatest ever crisis will not endear them to many either, in fact it would appear to be making them somewhat unpopular with a section of Scottish society. Furthermore is there not a suggestion that politics is about doing the right thing and standing up for what you believe in ?

Does no-one believe in fairness and impartiality and a society free from bullying and intimidation ? If standing up for those ideals makes politicians unpopular - then God help us all.

North

I acknowledge what you and the other poster who brought this subject up are saying. However when governing bodies are being accused of bullying/lying/corrupt practices by a whole host of credible witnesses...when they are conducting themselves against the very laws of this land...in a situation which will have a major impact on the economy in Scotland - should they not at the very least be expressing such concerns ? And in doing so is that necessarily partisan ?

It was expressed earlier that politics was about popularity - which is true - but being impotent during the time of our national sports greatest ever crisis will not endear them to many either, in fact it would appear to be making them somewhat unpopular with a section of Scottish society. Furthermore is there not a suggestion that politics is about doing the right thing and standing up for what you believe in ?

Does no-one believe in fairness and impartiality and a society free from bullying and intimidation ? If standing up for those ideals makes us unpopular - then God help us all.

Nail on Head D'

Is it being said behind the scenes by Politicians? who knows! but one thing for sure, after todays meeting, there WILL be a EGM for a call in NO confidence on those who are in charge of Scottish Football.

North

Does no-one believe in fairness and impartiality and a society free from bullying and intimidation ? If standing up for those ideals makes politicians unpopular - then God help us all.

Salmond said that Celtic need Rangers, and he took dogs abuse for it.

So it's a lot easier for politicians to leave it to the football authorities to sort out.

The main problem is the TAX issue.

Any politician speaking up in support for us, comes across like they are saying we should get away with not paying taxes.

Or get special treatment... When funding is always desperately needed for schools and hospitals etc

Certain other clubs might be gloating, but attitudes like 'A nations disgrace'...

and the likes of those saying they will never support the national team again,

They will support England over Scotland ... All this nonsense, just lashing out at everyone.

There are actually plenty of other supporters who are sympathetic towards us - as ordinary fans.

But then they get this sort of attitude from a chunk of our support, and I don't see how it helps us.

So it's a lot easier for politicians to leave it to the football authorities to sort out.

The main problem is the TAX issue.

Any politician speaking up in support for us, comes across like they are saying we should get away with not paying taxes.

Or get special treatment... When funding is always desperately needed for schools and hospitals etc

Certain other clubs might be gloating, but attitudes like 'A nations disgrace'...

and the likes of those saying they will never support the national team again,

They will support England over Scotland ... All this nonsense, just lashing out at everyone.

There are actually plenty of other supporters who are sympathetic towards us - as ordinary fans.

But then they get this sort of attitude from a chunk of our support, and I don't see how it helps us.

It was an abdication of such responsibility in the first place by SPL chairmen which led to the current crisis.

Furthermore I think to an extent you misunderstand my post you have quoted.

Without expressing favouritism of any kind, or pledging themselves to any particular faction - would it not have been appropriate for our politicians to demand an enquiry into the numerous serious allegations being made by SFL chairmen ?

Or is bullying, intimidation, lying and corrupt practice something our government think best ignored ?

Or is bullying, intimidation, lying and corrupt practice something our government think best ignored ?

To be honest, I don't think internal footballing dealings are a priority for them.

It can just be waved away as bargaining tactics, bluffs etc, when there is money and positions at stake.

If there is a political argument about jobs and the economy, then Rangers stuck in Div3 isn't good for Scottish football.

I might be in a minority here, but 3 years is too long to wait.

Some would say that its the British/English government thats put us in this position by using us as ebt guinea pigs before they attack the big fish english clubs. An ebt case that still hasnt had a verdict yet. Ofc, the english would never use Scotland in that way. I have totally forgotten about the poll tax.

Politics can always be spun to favour either side.

I do think it is a disgrace that the scottish parliament have not stepped in to stop this debacle. sadly it comes as no surprise that they have not.

It comes down to the usual motivation in what any politician does, namely votes and the fact that nobody has put any pressure on them to do so. I would have thought that fans should have pushed for a public enquiry into goings on behind the scenes of SFA/SPL/SFL and the actions of the media since rangers went into administration.

Due to the low turn out in elections these days I think they fear the backlash of any involvement in this situation. Given the near lynch mob like mentality displayed by many during their pusuit of sanctions against rangers way beyond the level of any perceived crime it is not hard to imagine that there would be a coordinated attempt by certain groups to gather sufficient votes to ensure that any MSP who could be seen to acting in a way which may result in even the slightest benefit to rangers would lose their seat.

None it appears have been brave enough to stick their head out even slightly depite the damage to scottish football and possibly even the economy if the figures which have been quoted are to be believed. This of course does not take into account the loss of tax which will far exceed that which drove rangers into administration. I would guess that tangers tax bill will be a fraction of what it was last year as will many clubs once this is over and this does not take into account the VAT on sales attatched to football, jobs lost etc etc.

If any other industry the size of scottish football were in trouble they would be falling over themselves to render assistance I would believe. Should we remember this when it comes time to vote, well that is up to the individual.

If any other industry the size of scottish football were in trouble they would be falling over themselves to render assistance I would believe. Should we remember this when it comes time to vote, well that is up to the individual.

Spot on SCB.

LOL

I rather thought as I wrote this out that the consequence would not be a positive rep from you BP9 :lol:

I agree much anger should be directed at both Whyte and Murray. But we cant write articles forever based on an anger of these 2 ! That would be nothing but tedious.

Leaving aside the independence matter in my op...I find it astonishing that the Scottish parliament have been less than vocal over such a crisis in our national sport. Furthermore I think it is to their shame that Westminster saw fit to investigate the matter whilst they did not.

ok agreed ( but no rep +ve or -ve) :lol:

Yet when it suits them they organise a national summit after a game in which nothing particularly troublesome happened.

First minister bawface gets involved when he thinks it suits him, all this 'leave the politicians out of it' shit is because it happened on the snp's shift....

PS Great post as always D'Art.

• 1 month later...

So our population, our press, our football governing bodies, our politicians have acted accordingly ?

The current crisis affects the Scottish people as a whole - is that not the concern of poltiicians ?

Men at Rangers, men we thought we could trust, men who filled their pockets. They brought this shame upon us. Murray and all his dogs. Don't go looking to blame anyone else. Start right there in the Ibrox boardroom.

I dont understand some Rangers Fans saying poloticians ,should not get involved in this pathetic Bloodlust from fans of Other Clubs.

The Politicians got involved in Football a long time ago ,when they sat in judgement at an Old Firm Match, after that so called Shame Game.

They then proceded to introduce a Draconian Law, which focuses on a Fanbase, who have been alienated from the rest through Hatred, and bigotry.

If you think Politicians should not be involved ,then I dont know which Planet you are on .

The silence from the whole of that Pathetic Holyrood building is deafening ,and speaks volumes reguarding the ineptitude coming from the present Goverment in power.

They have managed Politicise everything when it suits their Agenda ,and yet silent to support Spivs in suits running our National Game ,and Finance Industry, not to mention Corruption in certain sections of Local Councils.

Our Game is on Life support ,but they just do nothing to help this present situation.

Its a shambles .

Good piece Dart ,and the Truth shall prevail.

Eventually.

Meanwhile we Fans suffer.

Oh and remember The SFA knew about Whytes Scullduggery, and allowed him to pillage our Club.

Murray just bought his power and had certain Political Projects involved in his Business too.

Politics is everywhere over this, and it stinks to high heavens.

First sentence is OK. second is utter tosh Scottish football disgraced its self nothing more nothing less and what the fuck politics is being dragged in for beats me,very Politburo like.

History will show that Craig Whyte shamed Rangers Football Club.

But Scotland as a nation disgraced itself.

I really can't believe you actually typed this.

If you genuinely believe our Government should stand by and watch the systematic battering of our club by all and sundry, without as much as a peep, then you are one deluded individual.

I wish I could write like you mate. Excellent as always.

I can never get my head around how Whyte was able to do such damage, in such a short time. I feel such a fool at being conned. Hindsight is always 20/20, but doesn't make it any easier.

For years the fans have been milked dry and no politicians are doing anything to address what happened.

I have lost all faith in the political system. A dog maims a chils and legislation is put in place immediately. Banks bring the whole country to the brink and we are fleeced to keep them afloat.

The worlds most successful football team is on the precipice and non of them could give a toss, because they are all cowards and frightned of losing votes.

The shame of what Craig Whyte did to Rangers Football Club will never be etched from the hearts of those of us who cast a favourable eye towards Ibrox. The anger, embarrassment and feeling of utter helplessness throughout the entire crisis which has engulfed our club, will sadly follow most of us to our graves.

And yet, even the wayward conduct of this shameless individual which brought Scotland's biggest sporting institution to it's very knees, is only part of the story. For the events at Rangers Football Club proved to be the catalyst for a nation to completely disgrace itself, to let it's mask slip and reveal its true nature. That revealed nature is neither edifying nor particularly wholesome, and is very much in contrast to a nation which boasts “One Scotland many cultures”

Before we continue further its worthy of noting the comments of someone who is not only outside Rangers Football, but during his professional sporting career as both player and manager has been in direct opposition to Rangers – Celtic and Scotland Legend Davie Hay.

The retribution of which he speaks manifested itself with a concerted effort by supporters of other SPL clubs to ensure that any application by Rangers for re-entry to the SPL was doomed to failure. They threatened their own chairmen with warnings of boycotts, and despite the financial abyss that such action would create, they continued to intimidate and scheme until their respective chairmen acquiesced to their threats. This despite several warnings from independent financial projections they themselves had commissioned , in addition to ominous warnings from their own chairmen of financial meltdown. Perhaps the greatest manifestation of their unbridled and irrational hatred came in a Daily Record Poll which showed that more than half (55%) would rather see their own club die than allow Rangers back into the SPL.

History demonstrates that if you seek to demonise a people you need both propaganda and a favourable press. Alas for Scotland both these ingredients were present in abundance.

“Sporting Integrity” became the flagship of the propaganda campaign. It was the stick which was used repeatedly to beat Rangers time and time and time again. It sought to give a moral platform to those who saw an opportunity to unleash their festering and unhealthy hatred of Rangers. It was a campaign which our media bought into it wholeheartedly. Their was a distinct absence of objective journalism, save two or three amongst the hordes who, forlornly, tried to stemmed the rising tide of hatred. When articles describe such a stampede of hatred as a “rising up of democracy” and liken your club to something you would take great joy in punching repeatedly in the face so much that your hand hurt, then you know that there is little hope of impartial journalism, or presentation of the facts.

But the shame of Scotland continued.

Those charged with governance of our game landed the fatal blow for the flagship propaganda banner of “Sporting Integrity”. But not in some honourable way asking for reasonable and rational debate, instead their desire to punish Rangers had to be balanced against a financial dependence upon them. If Rangers were the cash cow then as much as they hated her they needed her to feed them.

What then followed should shame any right thinking individual. A complete abdication of responsibility by the SPL chairmen was followed up by a campaign of bullying, threats lies and intimidation against those to whom the buck was passed. Public statements by nearly every SFL chairmen, presenting a whole litany of a serious allegations against those who govern our game seemed to have made no difference whatsoever.

Those who govern our game have been called unfit for purpose by those whom they govern and yet those responsible remain in post.

And what of our government ? A government so apparently concerned by the need for clemency that they released Scotland's worst ever mass murderer upon his diagnosis with cancer.

Not a word.

Whilst Westminster launches an enquiry into the Scottish Football crisis and hears evidence that the SFA's rules are unfit for purpose those Scottish politicians are silent.

While courts of this land are telling the world that the SFA's punishment of Rangers is “unlawful” our politicians remain silent.

Perhaps with the forthcoming independence vote, many Rangers supporters, who are of course voting, will have had a glimpse of what is in store for our club and it's support should independence be achieved at the ballot box.

History will show that Craig Whyte shamed Rangers Football Club.

But Scotland as a nation disgraced itself.

Agree with everything other than the comments about Megrahi who was nothing more than a politically expedient fall guy for a heinous crime for which the real culprits have been allowed to get away with.

Men at Rangers, men we thought we could trust, men who filled their pockets. They brought this shame upon us. Murray and all his dogs. Don't go looking to blame anyone else. Start right there in the Ibrox boardroom.

We know who caused the club to go into Administration, it's whilst we were in there that the wolves pounced.

Can I remind you, that we as a club have had absolutely no support from anyone, The Scottish Government, the Media or the Football Association, not one fucking cunt outwith the Rangers support has stood up for us.

Not one reporter has had the balls to ask some simple questions, how did Regan appear on the SFA's radar? and who was responsible for him getting the position ?

The answer to that question could sell a billion fucking newspapers the world over, why then does someone not ask it ? .... because they are afraid of something .... maybe they are afraid of the answer.

A good post and good healthy responses. IMO this is needed to keep the issues firmly in focus because I'm sure the SFA, SPL club chairmen and the rabid element of their fans, and the media would like us just to lie down quietly and forget what has happened. And we must not forget that the first blame is attached to those who ran Rangers into this crisis. Justice must be seen to be done and that is still to happen.

As for Regan and Doncaster and their senior officials at the SFA and SPL - IMO their actions were more than incompetence and have to my view the appearance of being fuelled by personal agenda and the opportunity to remove Rangers from playing football. I cannot see how Rangers or most SFL clubs could now have any trust in what the SFA says, does or proposes. To my mind the SFA is a broken organisation and needs to be overhauled from top to bottom starting with Regan being given his P45. When trust has gone, it is not restored simply by wishing it or by carrying on as though it was business as usual. That sort of wilful blindness by the SFA leadership will continue to do more devastating harm to Scottish football, and because of the agenda against Rangers, seek to do more damage to our club. IMO it will only start to end when the SFA leadership has gone and reform is underway.

The only two comments I'll make here about the Scottish Government are (1) that it will do all it can behind the scenes to make sure that nothing gets in the way of its agenda for 700 days from now and Rangers battered down might be very convenient. And (2) I would not be in the least surprised if it gave every encouragement behind the scenes to have success in Europe in that year ......and the more times you appear in the Champions League the further you might get if you follow my drift so convenient for them if the passage to achieve that is smoothed by Rangers being out of that European scene.

For Rangers - just 2 things for me - (1) focus on winning our games, and the leagues we are in and get back to playing at the highest levels in football just as soon as we have worked our ticket and earned the right to do so; and (2) get the club as cash rich as we can to keep the best players and buy the best players and to keep Ibrox in top nick and with the least reliance we can on TV money. In other words we look after ourselves and only ourselves and we stand shoulder to shoulder in doing so because it seems there is absolutely no-one outside of Rangers who is prepared to do anything other than join in kicking the club down.

We'll be listening to SFA and SPL and media war drums for a long time to come. We've stood at the frontier of existance and extinction at the hands of these people but we have chosen in large numbers to get behind the club and to take it forward and to make the financial sacrifices needed to get back to the very top in Europe. WATP and they will come to know it and hear it loud and often.

Imagine that piece of crap talking about shame ? He's another one of the BJK mhob who kept their mouths conveniently shut as abuse was rife at the glitterdome. Another thing davie ya clown, did big pal billy mcneill no betray you in an asda car park in clydebank when you goat the bump fae the joab ? What a shower of hard necked hypocrites that nest of vipers are ! :sherlock:

SHAME = CELTIC FOOTBALL CLUB

Whats this all about? when was this.

Great post mate.

Its absolutely fascinating, this glimpse we've had deep into the dark recesses of non-Rangers fans minds. None more so than Motherwell fans, who's own club spelled out so clearly and eloquently the true ramifications of no Rangers in the SPL. The fact that an admission that a reduced income from no Rangers in the SPL could lead to their own club flirting with administration done nothing to stem the tide of hatred, is truly shocking.

Though it is interesting that many Rangers fans recognise that when someone else's club's culture is routed and entwined in a hatred of Rangers, that this is devaluing and diminishing of their own clubs sanctitude. Yet many still fail to recognise the need to cleanse our own support of the anti-Catholic/Irish doctrine. This is precisely why I and many others argue for a complete abolition of such beliefs from our own support, Rangers should be above such principles of hate and it should be left for fans of other clubs to spout. We are stronger without it.

I concur.

A good post and good healthy responses. IMO this is needed to keep the issues firmly in focus because I'm sure the SFA, SPL club chairmen and the rabid element of their fans, and the media would like us just to lie down quietly and forget what has happened. And we must not forget that the first blame is attached to those who ran Rangers into this crisis. Justice must be seen to be done and that is still to happen.

As for Regan and Doncaster and their senior officials at the SFA and SPL - IMO their actions were more than incompetence and have to my view the appearance of being fuelled by personal agenda and the opportunity to remove Rangers from playing football. I cannot see how Rangers or most SFL clubs could now have any trust in what the SFA says, does or proposes. To my mind the SFA is a broken organisation and needs to be overhauled from top to bottom starting with Regan being given his P45. When trust has gone, it is not restored simply by wishing it or by carrying on as though it was business as usual. That sort of wilful blindness by the SFA leadership will continue to do more devastating harm to Scottish football, and because of the agenda against Rangers, seek to do more damage to our club. IMO it will only start to end when the SFA leadership has gone and reform is underway.

The only two comments I'll make here about the Scottish Government are (1) that it will do all it can behind the scenes to make sure that nothing gets in the way of its agenda for 700 days from now and Rangers battered down might be very convenient. And (2) I would not be in the least surprised if it gave every encouragement behind the scenes to have success in Europe in that year ......and the more times you appear in the Champions League the further you might get if you follow my drift so convenient for them if the passage to achieve that is smoothed by Rangers being out of that European scene.

For Rangers - just 2 things for me - (1) focus on winning our games, and the leagues we are in and get back to playing at the highest levels in football just as soon as we have worked our ticket and earned the right to do so; and (2) get the club as cash rich as we can to keep the best players and buy the best players and to keep Ibrox in top nick and with the least reliance we can on TV money. In other words we look after ourselves and only ourselves and we stand shoulder to shoulder in doing so because it seems there is absolutely no-one outside of Rangers who is prepared to do anything other than join in kicking the club down.

We'll be listening to SFA and SPL and media war drums for a long time to come. We've stood at the frontier of existance and extinction at the hands of these people but we have chosen in large numbers to get behind the club and to take it forward and to make the financial sacrifices needed to get back to the very top in Europe. WATP and they will come to know it and hear it loud and often.

There will be no justice, there will only be tomorrow and the days that follow, tomorrow and those days to come will be what we make them for better or worse.

People should be asking HMRC questions like why did u let this go on for as long as it did? Don't let them kid u that they didn't know.

How can they not know someone wasn't paying tax for 9months? Thousands of pounds aswell. But when it is any normal person not paying there tax there on to you straight away.