License Granted?

Al Capone is pretty near the mark on this. Most Scottish subscribers with the sports package pay to see the EPL and La Liga. If the EPL wasn't broadcast most Scottish Sky viewers would cancel the sports package. When you pay Sky for the sports package you are funding the EPL not the SPL.

At last count BSkyB made about £780Million from 8Million UK subscribers. That's 8Million subscribers from a population of 63Million. Of that 63Million 83.8% are in England and 8.4% are in Scotland. Applying those percentages to Sky's subscriber base means that 672k are in Scotland and 6.7Million are in England. To suggest that over 7.2Million Sky subscribers would cancel Sky if they lost the EPL is ridiculous. You would have us believe that a greater number of Sky subscribers than live in England would cancel Sky if the English footy was no longer on it? Behave.

At last count BSkyB made about £780Million from 8Million UK subscribers. That's 8Million subscribers from a population of 63Million. Of that 63Million 83.8% are in England and 8.4% are in Scotland. Applying those percentages to Sky's subscriber base means that 672k are in Scotland and 6.7Million are in England. I'll grant that Scotland represents less than 1% of the total number of subscribers but to suggest that over 7.2Million Sky subscribers would cancel Sky if they lost the EPL is ridiculous. You would have us believe that a greater number of Sky subscribers than live in England would cancel Sky if the English footy was no longer on it? Behave.

Plenty would though. I wouldn't because the racing coverage is equally important to me as the football.

Total shite. I'm not watching football on a pc screen and I'm not going to give up Sky when it will make fuck all impact anyway.

lol. You dont have hdmi cables in england then i assume? Of course it makes a difference. Thats like saying there is no point voting because it makes no difference. You keep paying your 50 bar a month to support the epl then, while we get fck all. Like i keep saying, British when it suits them. Typical english attitude.

I dont think people understand how much money that sky made when we played the bheasts They sell the rights all over the world and give us virtually fck all. Fck sky. Tarrier cunts.

lol. You dont have hdmi cables in england then i assume? Of course it makes difference. Thats like saying there is no point voting because it makes no difference. You keep paying your 50 bar a month to support the epl then, while we get fck all. Like i keep saying, British when it suits them. Typical english attitude.

I dont think people understand how much money that sky profited when we played the bheasts They sell the rights all over the world and give us virtually fck all. Fck sky. Tarrier cunts.

Fuck off you bigoted twat.

Is this true, any proper confirmation on this? yes it pretty shitty those corrupt pieces of scum get our tv money but i would rather than the absolute cheek of them taking our titles. Yes i would have like to hold onto both but keeping the titles is great if true.

It will be choking Celtic and the rest of the SPL that as I said they need us. Rangers are more marketable in the 3rd Div than Celtic in the SPL. Rangers are a magnificent club that people all over the world still want to watch no matter what. They needed our money to even keep a float the idiots, but keeping the titles will be killing Lennon.

54 Titles and We're Still Going Strong :uk:

At last count BSkyB made about £780Million from 8Million UK subscribers. That's 8Million subscribers from a population of 63Million. Of that 63Million 83.8% are in England and 8.4% are in Scotland. Applying those percentages to Sky's subscriber base means that 672k are in Scotland and 6.7Million are in England. I'll grant that Scotland represents less than 1% of the total number of subscribers but to suggest that over 7.2Million Sky subscribers would cancel Sky if they lost the EPL is ridiculous. You would have us believe that a greater number of Sky subscribers than live in England would cancel Sky if the English footy was no longer on it? Behave.

Hmmm... 672k is actually 10%

There were rumours last week that broadcasters were unwilling to pay for the SPL without having our SFL games as well(since we have the largest support in the country, it's understandable broadcasters don't want to lose a large audience).

Why didnt they just bid for the SFL games then.

It makes more sense to get the SPL and SFL contracts separately as it would probably of cost them less.

We shall see how many people both to watch the SPL games without us, but the tons who will watch our SFL games, it came down to we were more valuable than the lot, they needed us and those games kinda came free, the fools.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE :uk:

STAY STRONG BEARS OUR TIME IS NOW!!!!!!! :uk:

For that reason I was surprised that the SPL clubs all wanted the vote rather than leave it to be dealt with by the SPL Board (as was supposed to be the original protocol). They could have come to an agreement to fuck over Rangers without having to physically vote for it on behalf of their club, instead it being the actions of the SPL Board. How the shareholders and market regulators will react to such decision-making remains to be seen.

Everyone who voted us out has blood on their hands...and the delicious irony being it isn't our blood as we will be back but may well be the blood of their own clubs!

The SPL board consists of representatives from some but not all of the SPL clubs.

If the board voted instead of the clubs, then those clubs that are on the board would of been subject to boycotts only as opposed to all cubs.

It made sense for the board to spread the impact out to all the clubs.

161 members, 342 lurkers

They want us to get a licence more than we do

:party:

Can I just say there is a massive fascination on this board about guests.

Yes, i am sure some of them are fans of other clubs, but some are also rangers fans. When I view this forum on my mobile, I dont always log in.

I think it is desperate hope, really want to go the Cambuslang game on Sat and have tickets for Beith Juniors, really dont want them to be cancelled and really dont want us to not play at all this season. Just want to watch my Rangers again :wub: