License Granted?

Impeccable source and now awaiting official statement from SPL, SFL and Rangers. No idea yet if any "conditions" were attached but our understanding is there weren't any but that has still to be confirmed

If this turns out to be true you have just made my day but that cunt liewell will most likely try and stop this the begging wanker that he is.

What does that mean? SFL games won't be shown on TV or that the SPL will get a cut of the money.

I believe it means games featuring Rangers at home will be televised, and yes, the SPL will get a share of the spoils.

Certainly that was what they were looking for and I doubt they didn't get it.

So the question is........

Who will be the first poster to call for a boycott of all ranger's home games :lol:

You just know someone will.

There were rumours last week that broadcasters were unwilling to pay for the SPL without having our SFL games as well(since we have the largest support in the country, it's understandable broadcasters don't want to lose a large audience).

I believe it means games featuring Rangers at home will be televised, and yes, the SPL will get a share of the spoils.

Who will be the first poster to call for a boycott of all ranger's home games :lol:

I would imagine it means the SPL has paid the SFL for the rights to televise our games so they can then sell on a package of TV rights that includes the SPL and our SFL games to Sky or ESPN or whomever else is interested in buying them. It means we will get a 10% share of whatever the SPL paid the SFL for the rights.

No but what I will call for is a boycott of the TV company carrying the games. Watch it on the internet, IF RTV get the live streaming broadcast rights then Sky and the SPhelL can go fuck themselves.

There were rumours last week that broadcasters were unwilling to pay for the SPL without having our SFL games as well(since we have the largest support in the country, it's understandable broadcasters don't want to lose a large audience).

I was of the opinion that Sky have said to SPL - the deal that has one year left to run and there is payment due on 10th August, well that's being ripped up as per the terms of the contract (four Old Firm games), but if you can secure the rights to Rangers games in the SFL then we'll reconsider things. The SPL aren't after any money from Rangers games - they are trying to protect their own (larger) deal. Still proves that despite what the SPL Chairmen say, despite Liewell's claims their business model doesn't rely on Rangers - THE SPL CLUBS STILL NEED RANGERS. Even when they are in a different League.

What does that mean? SFL games won't be shown on TV or that the SPL will get a cut of the money.

It means the spl will pay the sfl a fee for the right to screen rangers games, and then let sky cover them for no extra charge.

It was a clever way for sky to get them without a bidding war against any other interested parties.

It also means sky won't cut the spl tv deal as they have got the rangers games they were contracted to get.

The big loser is the spl who have lost the sum of money they paid to the sfl for the rights.

It would be good if everybody now called Sky and cancelled, explaining that they don't like the way our club has been blackmailed.

Don't forget, Sky would have been involved in all this from the beginning, so would have had their say on our club as well.

If anything, it just proves how mighty the Rangers really are.

It means the spl will pay the sfl a fee for the right to screen rangers games, and then let sky cover them for no extra charge.

It was a clever way for sky to get them without a bidding war against any other interested parties.

It also means sky won't cut the spl tv deal as they have got the rangers games they were contracted to get.

The big loser is the spl who have lost the sum of money they paid to the sfl for the rights.

Surely the Sky deal will have been reduced though without the 4 septic games against us?

If the SPL think this wee deal will see them through the new season in the hope they can re-jig the leagues for the following season, and everything will be fine, they can think again.

NO RANGERS FANS SHOULD EVER AGAIN BE WALKING THROUGH THE TURNSTILES OF THESE CLUBS.

And yes, I AM FUCKING SHOUTING.

No Rangers fan should have paid for sky in the last 3/4 years, but they do, and still do. Sadly the internet militant is a small minority. Nothing but blackmail this and we just accept it, then we wonder why they walk all over us.

If the SPL think this wee deal will see them through the new season in the hope they can re-jig the leagues for the following season, and everything will be fine, they can think again.

NO RANGERS FANS SHOULD EVER AGAIN BE WALKING THROUGH THE TURNSTILES OF THESE CLUBS.

And yes, I AM FUCKING SHOUTING.

SHOUT FUCKING LOUDER CAUSE SOME OF THEM ON HERE CANT HERE YOU !!!!

Surely the Sky deal will have been reduced though without the 4 septic games against us?

The SPL got £13M off Sky/ESPN last year and were going to ramp up to £16M this year (or next). I'd be very surprised if they got anywhere near £13M for this season with the title already decided and no OF games - even with the SFL3 games thrown in.

No Rangers fan should have paid for sky in the last 3/4 years, but they do, and still do. Sadly the internet militant is a small minority. Nothing but blackmail this and we just accept it, then we wonder why they walk all over us.

Why?

How were we meant to watch the Rangers games then?

And for someone like myself who watches 5-6 games a week I've to just give all that up.

I will however never set foot in an SPL ground to see Rangers play away anymore.

Im hearing..

spl to get 15 rangers games as part of there tv coverage,

30 odd games to rangers tv with 20% of proceeds going to sfl

no stripping of trophies

Please be true (tu)

Im hearing..

spl to get 15 rangers games as part of there tv coverage,

30 odd games to rangers tv with 20% of proceeds going to sfl

no stripping of trophies

So rangers to play 45 games next season ?

The SPL got £13M off Sky/ESPN last year and were going to ramp up to £16M this year (or next). I'd be very surprised if they got anywhere near £13M for this season with the title already decided and no OF games - even with the SFL3 games thrown in.

If SPL pay (say) £3M to SFL for their (Rangers) games and then Sky deal is reduced to £10M - it means they're only getting £7M to distribute. That will tip a few into administration.