How would you compare MacLeod to Ness & McCabe?

bluenose_72

When promising youngsters Jamie Ness and Rhys McCabe opted not to transfer over to the new company for financial gain, there was no doubt we were losing 2 players with huge potential. But every cloud has a silver lining and the departure of Ness and McCabe has allowed Lewis MacLeod to get his chance in the team and he hasn't disappointed so far.

So how would you compare him to those who left? Do you feel like we have kept the best player out of the three?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sort of wild praise for youth players is exactly why so many kids at Rangers and in Scotland fail to make it proper. Can we not just let them get on with the game and keep on their case to develop and work hard. Why do we have to compare them with others or say they are this or they are that? Right now, they are young footballers with potential, how far that potential takes them will depend how hard they work. Lets just enjoy their development without putting pressure on them. (tu)

Macleod will be a lot less noticeable in games I feel. an unsung hero imo. the kind of player that will go about his business on the park and play well but no-oneone will rant and rave about him. he'll become an important player none the less though

Out of the 3 for me ness undoubtably had the most potential but couldnt stay fit anywhere near enough to fulfill it . If he finds a good level of fitness and a run of games he can be a star in the premiership .

I honestly think in a few years we will totally of forgotten about mcabe who will have fallen in obscurity in england .

Mcleod has been solid enough for us and hasnt let anyone down , to be fair hasnt stood out for me but i feel coming through the divisions he can become a very important player for us .

If wer adding Mckay to the list then I think he can be a class act and have a massive future with us . Really stood out at times and showed composure and bravery beyond his years and is a player who can excite the fans . Hes only going to improve and I for one cant wait to find out how much .

Truthfully, Ness is the better of the three.

I would agree with this. They all look decent and only time will tell but Ness looked like he could be a really top class player. Composed, great passer, competitive and could tackle. I got excitited when I saw him on our team sheet and that doesn't happen a great deal.

Mccabe looked decent, also a good passer and neat and tidy on the ball. So far I've been impressed with MacLeod, looks like he has a decent range of passing and he is still very young. Will only improve with games but it could be quite dificult for a player of his type to stand out at that level due to the kick and rush nature of 3rd Division football.

Imagine we could have seen Ness, Mccabe, MacLeod, Mckay and even Perry in the same team.