How would you compare MacLeod to Ness & McCabe?

bluenose_72

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MacLeod needs to impose himself on games more he has a brilliant range of passing but he seems to hide when he starts to get involved he dictates the play but from what I have seen it's not often enough.

But MacLeod is only 18 years old and McCabe and Ness didn't make their debuts until they were two years older than MacLeod so hopefully Lewis will continue to develop and the fans don't get on his back.

I think Ness had the most natural talent and potential but considering his injury problems he was the least effective out of the three due to injury. I think McCabe was a fantastic prospect from what I een of him and I was really dissapointed when he left as his ability to switch play and pick a pass was refreshing. Not seen enough of MacLeod yet but to give a definitive opinion but he seems like quite an intelligent player and always looks to make a forward pass. Think McKay could possibly end up better than them all but he's only 17 so way too soon and too many factors to be able to tell at this stage.

When promising youngsters Jamie Ness and Rhys McCabe opted not to transfer over to the new company for financial gain, there was no doubt we were losing 2 players with huge potential. But every cloud has a silver lining and the departure of Ness and McCabe has allowed Lewis MacLeod to get his chance in the team and he hasn't disappointed so far.

So how would you compare him to those who left? Do you feel like we have kept the best player out of the three?

Lewis MacCleod and Barry MacKay are turning in some

E brilliant performances for Rangers, they will be legends if they listen to guys like jig. Alexander, and Black. I love the flair and confidence they both play with, and none of the 2 are scared to make a mistake, it's a sign of potentially 2 great players.

Who are the other 2? Ah they 2 traitor Cunts. They're shite!

No Surrender

Rab

God Save Our Queen

I think Ness and McCabe dictated the tempo of matches more and dominated them, while MacLeod is quite happy to do the dirty work and be efficient in his passing. He has got a great range of passing as well. He's not as good as them yet but he's barely played.

We certainly don't have problems producing technically gifted midfielders.

The reason I singled out MacLeod was because he plays in the same position as Ness and McCabe, but if you look at McKay as well then I think he has the potential to be better than all 3 of them.

Excellent post mate and one that makes you realise how lucky we are to have both considering we had some bad losses on the player front .

Have to say Im really excited about McKay and Mcleod but we have to be careful not to put too much pressure on them every week

If anyone can bring the best out of Macleod it's Durranty.

IMO McCabe and ness would not be half they players the are/will be without the technical coaching of Durrant.

Well said

I would really love to know that the footballing genius that was Iain Durrant, others will no doubt disagree , bring it on with your argument to the contrary, Iain Durrant was the finest player I have ever seen grace the Rangers jersey since I startedgoing in 1977 . That boy before and after his injury would have been the governor of the galacticos midfield for Real Madrid. Class personified .please some of you must remember the skinny we boy who would have you thinking about how fuckin great he was fir the week after the game. I used to be buzzing at the thought of seeing durrants poise on the ball, so composed, but hi explosive first 2 yards when he saw the tiniest of gaps to burst into the box at perfect speed and arrive at exactly the right time to compose himself, the durrant cup final v the sheep . Ally and jasper were totally on the same level as each other, a rare rare moment of telepathic understanding, that players remember when they retire because that moment only happens if you are lucky maybe 3 times in your whole career, some never feel it all. Dale Gordon I met at Yarmouth, he said the pair of them would not only die for each other, fir Rangers, but most of all for us, they fuckin loved us, the support who worshipped the pair of them. They had not only their telepathy on the pitch, but I really thought and hoped that everybody was witnessing the sheer majesty of Durrant bursting through the sheep defence after a perfectly executed half blind lay off, outside of the boot and made Leighton look like a spastic. The greatest goal ever scored by any Ranger.,, I really hope you saw it like I did, durrant and coisty knew what they were going to do next as Aberdeen were inside our box.. It was footballing genius that I feel privileged to have witnessed in the flesh. .Christ I went right off topic there ha ha ha. Fuckin wasted! Ha ha

No Surrender

Tab

God Save Our Queen

Excellent post mate and one that makes you realise how lucky we are to have both considering we had some bad losses on the player front .

Have to say Im really excited about McKay and Mcleod but we have to be careful not to put too much pressure on them every week

Exactly mate. I think its important not too put too much on boys like McKay to step up to the mark straight away. I know he played a great game at the weekend but it'll take time for the lad to get use staring most weeks. He'll have the odd average game at this stage and i hope and think the fans wont get on his back :rolleyes:

I was really impressed with MacLeod at the weekend. Hopefully we play him all season and see what he's really all about. It's too early to say where he is compared to McCabe and Ness but in saying that, we never really seen enough of they two either due to - One being injured constantly(and being a scab) and the other just being a scab. I definitely think him and McKay have the makings of great players though.

Really dont know what to think of macleod. He has been quite quiet at times but that isnt necessarily a bad thing as he does the simple things nobody notices. Dont know if he is capable of taking a game.by the scruff of the neck if the other midfielders dont turn up, we will have to wait and see. Still think Hutton should be in there before him though.