Lee Wallace take a bow

simplythebest

With the transfer window shut, true to his word Lee Wallace didn't only transfer over but has remained with us, terrific loyalty and also showing his family is his main priority. This is despite Craig Levein doing his best to encourage him to leave and other team mates who decided to transfer over leaving (no resentment towards them for that). I don't know if there were any offers that that is beside the point, if he wanted to go something would have been arranged even if it was a loan deal like Goian and Boca.

At 25 Lee has probably sacrificed the most to remain with us, hope it's for the duration of our SFL stay but whatever happens he deserves a huge thank you from all the Rangers family.

:praise: :praise: wallace2259348b.jpg:praise: :praise:

Well said. Those players who stayed and those who joined are legends IMO and deserve full support from the fans. It's a long enough journey back to the very top and these guys and the management team have a brilliant opportunity to achieve it and write history and to do it in style.

When I think of the way some of the other 'Rangers men' :wanker: have acted, mainly disgusted with half of the pish they managed to spew out, I have the utmost respect for someone like Lee, particularly at this stage of his career, as you say.

Levein is a muppet, Lee Wallace is a hero and could very well become a legend at our football club.

I love him but don't think hes vocal or commanding enough to be a captain

I see what you mean,and he possibly is not yet, but maybe if he got the captaincy now, in the lower divisions, by the time we made it back up he would have matured as a player and personality wise.

For me, he already has shown he has a bit of steel in him by resisting the thinly veiled goading of Levin, and the exodus of other players leaving for richer pickings.

In thinking about it I would maybe have McCulloch or Alexander as captain now with Wallace vice captain and see how he does from there.