• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm dont know what to think, I agree rightside is weak but in my opinion alot of players that have come to ibrox have not stepped up to the plate currently, so personally speaking I think its sad we single one or two players to rip apart on RM. We should except our team for what it is, as there is not going to be any transfers until next year so ripping our current crop apart is not the way forward. Soon we will start on youngsters and so on. Its not pretty what it doesnt stop me turning up to take my seat to watch game that are not pretty to watch, as long as we win the league afterall that is our goal.

To be fair the "faithful" always need a scapegoat to pillory every week. There has been one every season since time began. Its a shame really, especially the number of young players confidence that has been destroyed by our "support".

:broadfoot:

We should have kept Broadfoot just for the whingers and hand wringers to aim their bile at, he was big enough and ugly enough to handle it.

During the Queens Park game you could even hear grumbles from the fans about Aird after coming inside once to often and losing the ball a couple times. The lads 17 ffs. In regards to Faure, he has only just started 1st team football in a new country under pressure he's probably never come close to experiencing in his life. Some people are only happy when they're a sad, a perplexing part of this civilized society we live in.

:broadfoot:

We should have kept Broadfoot just for the whingers and hand wringers to aim their bile at, he was big enough and ugly enough to handle it.

During the Queens Park game you could even hear grumbles from the fans about Aird after coming inside once to often and losing the ball a couple times. The lads 17 ffs. In regards to Faure, he has only just started 1st team football in a new country under pressure he's probably never come close to experiencing in his life. Some people are only happy when they're a sad, a perplexing part of this civilized society we live in.

Yes I struggle to keep quiet, always found it the same, from the Mo Ross / Craig Moore days. I'm sure there are earlier examples but can't think of them. When it happens to be the younger members of the team I have a particular problem with it. Their confidence gets shattered and they are scared stiff to try a forward pass, does no one any good.

What about the stick Alan Hutton used to take :redcard:

reminds me of the Craig Moore days.

Was going to use Craig Moore as a example myself,played in midfield he was out of his depth and contributed nothing to the team.Played in his natural position of centre-back he was more than decent.

Regarding Faure, until he's given a run in his best position its unfair to judge him,having said that i feel Jordan McMIillan would have offered us more at both Right-back & Centre-Half and with a bit of forward thinking we could have used the Faure money to strengthen other parts of the team.

Was going to use Craig Moore as a example myself,played in midfield he was out of his depth and contributed nothing to the team.Played in his natural position of centre-back he was more than decent.

Regarding Faure, until he's given a run in his best position its unfair to judge him,having said that i feel Jordan McMIillan would have offered us more at both Right-back & Centre-Half and with a bit of forward thinking we could have used the Faure money to strengthen other parts of the team.

Not a Rangers player

Regarding Aird getting pelters, I found myself annoyed that we were relying on a 17yr old boy as our creative outlet and link up man. He was trying, noone else was around him.

I was more annoyed at the others failing to make any runs into space and despite our opposition playing high defence and have Shiels and Aird with pace, we never once tried getting the ball over the top into a corner. Instead we lumped it down the middle where they have at least 4 people covering McCulloch.

Regarding Aird getting pelters, I found myself annoyed that we were relying on a 17yr old boy as our creative outlet and link up man. He was trying, noone else was around him.

I was more annoyed at the others failing to make any runs into space and despite our opposition playing high defence and have Shiels and Aird with pace, we never once tried getting the ball over the top into a corner. Instead we lumped it down the middle where they have at least 4 people covering McCulloch.

I was annoyed at the fans for getting on a 17 year olds back during the game. Not helpful at all.

Im at Ibrox to back the players 100%. |Think all the new signings need time to settle in. Faure has looked decent a couple of times I would like to see him gioven a chance at cb his natural position then we can maby pass judgement. we got three points on Saturday thats the main thing.

I was annoyed at the fans for getting on a 17 year olds back during the game. Not helpful at all.

I don’t think folk were getting on his back, there were exasperated/frustrated when yet another move broke down, but no real moans at the player directly.

The boo-boy/scapegoat thing gets greatly exaggerated.

I don't think folk were getting on his back, there were exasperated/frustrated when yet another move broke down, but no real moans at the player directly.

The boo-boy/scapegoat thing gets greatly exaggerated.

Just saying it was clear on the stream the grumbles were towards Aird after coming inside almost everytime and losing the ball a couple times. Understandable, I was imploring him to go outside he would have skinned the RB. But he's 17 he will be inconsistent but I've certainly seen enough potential to give him the time he needs.

It's not exaggerated though is it? Look at what Broadfoot had to deal with as a recent example.

I just cant understand it at all, we take all 3 points go top and then rip into our players at how piss we are. What if we played well got beat and dropped to 5th would we be happy

Are they the only two options? What if we played well and pumped these teams the 6/7/8 nil that we should be doing? We're jsut lucky the teams we play are so useless because few players are playing anywhere near as good as they should be.

Just saying it was clear on the stream the grumbles were towards Aird after coming inside almost everytime and losing the ball a couple times. Understandable, I was imploring him to go outside he would have skinned the RB. But he's 17 he will be inconsistent but I've certainly seen enough potential to give him the time he needs.

It's not exaggerated though is it? Look at what Broadfoot had to deal with as a recent example.

that's because he is a right footed player being played on the left

that's because he is a right footed player being played on the left

I think he classes himself as a LW, and you're right he is predominantly right footed but that doesn't affect his ability to go outside the RB. Their full-back was covering the inside everytime after a couple moves. He's 17 with experience and maturity Fraser will learn to get full-backs covering one angle and exploiting the other, and we will posess a top player.

He is not a RB so I won't criticise. There was just massive emptiness ahead of him so no cover, nothing to work with to develop play, probably aware that if stuff went wrong on the RHS he'd be blamed as he was a virtual posse of one over there. Fact is we have a thin squad and we've got that for a long time to come (thinner still if we get more injuries and when suspensions kick in). So if he's prepared to play out of position or out of his comfort zone for the cause then he gets credit from me for that. These are not the same times we've been used to. It's not a case of slotting players into an already established side - this one is being built from scratch and the flaws so far are there for all to see. So I'm hoping he and the other players in the squad just knuckle down, do the best job they can, win games no matter how grit it takes to win them and in the course of all of that the competence and flair and hugely consistent winning ways will develop for this squad. I'm going to stay positive about him.

Playing players out of position will never do them any favours. Big difference with CB & RB, the guy is hardly going to be a Cafu-esque full back

Perhaps having Faure at RB, allows Wallace to play more of a LWB role with 3 covering defenders.