Does anybody actually want to go back to the SPL?

scottyc06

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never want to go back, its been a breath of fresh air in the sfl. when we get to the first division it will become the biggest league with more fans week on week and better tv viewing than the sphell, and we can use this to push for european spots available to our league. May take a bit longer but worth it to rid ourselfs of them and their ilk

I agree with this completely, although I reckon the SPL will try to shoe us back next season to save their skin/tv deal. I pray we have the balls to tell them to stick it.

If we refuse their offer, they'll fold without TV money and the SFL will get the Euro places, and the rodents and their bedfellows can start in SFL3, per the statutes of Sporting Integrity.

To be completely honest, I feel like the journey we have ahead of us, and the unity of supporting the club through its darkest hour, has kept a lot of us going and has actually heightened interest.

But.... I actually think I'll be less interested if we were back in the SPL.

I don't want to see those clubs profit a penny from their attitude towards us, and I don't particularly feel like I can stomach watching them week after week. Clubs like Dundee United and Aberdeen are ones that I just want to cease existing, I don't want to see them, don't want to get revenge by beating them, I just don't want to ever have to look at them again.

If this rift is ever to be healed, I don't see it happening properly for decades.

They really are getting embarrassing!! You would expect a bit of excitement about working our way back up to this division but with the current regime in charge of that league you've really got to wonder if it's something we want to be part of! Maybe I'm missing something, but are they really that stupid to put a transfer embargo on Hearts until the 23 December? So their punishment is that they can't sign players during a time they can't sign players anyway!!

If it happens again though, they'll be stripped of their league titles.

They really are getting embarrassing!! You would expect a bit of excitement about working our way back up to this division but with the current regime in charge of that league you've really got to wonder if it's something we want to be part of! Maybe I'm missing something, but are they really that stupid to put a transfer embargo on Hearts until the 23 December? So their punishment is that they can't sign players during a time they can't sign players anyway!!

At this moment not a chance, However in 3 years time it could be different! Most likely will be chomping at the bit for Champions League football!

Anyone who is happy in any tier other than the top tier is a bullshitter or idiot. So what your`e saying is our club belongs in the lower leagues ???? well shutup

stay in your cave as us more ambitious supporters will watch our team in europe.

Anyone who is happy in any tier other than the top tier is a bullshitter or idiot. So what your`e saying is our club belongs in the lower leagues ???? well shutup

stay in your cave as us more ambitious supporters will watch our team in europe.

Most have ambitions of watching the SPL rot and then returning to a new top teir and qualifying for Europe. There's nothing wrong with that.

Top teir, yes.

The question asks about returning to the SPL. Thats a no.

your`e making as much sense as my husband after a session on the piss...Your answer is yes but your`e buttering it up..

Its no sign of weakness to want our club back to where it belongs no matter who we share it with.

Anyone who says they are happy in Division 3 is either deluded or just putting up a front.

Considering weeks before the start of the season we weren't in any league, I am very happy watching my team in SFL3 this season.

We will be back in the top league winning trophies, until then I'm enjoying the journey.

I just read that Dundee chairman Stephen Thompson insisted Rangers wont be fast tracked into the SPL . The thing is who even said we want to want to back to SPL HELL.

The thing they are making more obvious than ever is, They NEED us more than WE need them. Yes its not ideal what has happened to us, but we are making history in the third division, breaking records all over, our fans are stronger than ever. we are going places we have never been and every game is new and exciting. The TV is showing more and more of our games, its kinda like they dont care who we are playing but its RANGERS and people want to watch US.

I’m happy to be in Div 3, because we have an opportunity to do something unprecedented – ie win every professional league in Scotland (and the Ramsdens ‘ Cup, hopefully) - What a journey that promises to be.

This is not even a once in a lifetime opportunity, it’s a once-only opportunity, and something we will all be proud to tell our great-great grandchildren that we were a part of. Yes I’ll miss Europe for the next few years, but Europe will still be there at the end of this journey (which is more than can be said for the SPL) The only downside is that the Mhanks get an easy ride for the next few years, but F**k them. They don’t matter to me.

And the history books will record that Scottish Football thought they could destroy the Greatest Club in its history, but they were wrong – and in fact they only destroyed themselves, while RFC simply enhanced its reputation worldwide as being head and shoulders above the rest of Scottish football. Our attendances and viewing figures (though not our results admittedly) have proved that already.

And the history books will also record that Rangers asked its support to step up in its hour of need – and boy did they step up!

Never have I been so proud of my club and my fellow supporters, and truth be told, I don't think even winning the CL would beat that.

Edit: And also what The_Blue_Flash says above!