WARNING - Unless you want a criminal record, THINK before you POST

boss

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly I dont think that's true mate.

The screws have said its the Fenian bastards that makes it "sectarian/bigoted/illegal" if I said martin mcguiness is a right fenian! It would be a factualy true statement! If I called him a fenian bastard I could be in serious trouble, however I wouldn't call mcguiness a fenian bastard online!

:sherlock:

What has happened to this country??!! For the sake of RM and wanting to not end up in court, I'll adhere to this but for gods sake! Is this really what it's come to? People worrying about losing their jobs because of a comment posted on a Rangers forum, meant for Rangers fans? Society has went that far I honestly can't see it being reversed. Sad times indeed.

Sadly I dont think that's true mate.

i think he is right mate. Its the violent afterwords that make it illegal.

Its a joke our great grandfathers will be turning in their graves at the freedoms they fought for being abused like this.

I don't think FoCUS actively monitor forums, there are no keywords that activate some automatic flagging. FoCUS act on complaints, look at the post and decide if there is a case for them to speak to the person concerned. If so, they contact the site and ask for details. As above, we'll always contact the poster and tell them, that FoCUS want to speak to them and allow them to contact them directly. We have no wish to give out posters' details, but it is possible we will be left with no choice if they can't contact the person directly.

There's a clear and obvious distinction between someone making a reasoned argument about why the catholic religion is not good for humanity versus someone posting "Fuck the Pope," for example. Or saying Alex Thomson is a disgrace to journalism and should be hounded from his job versus posting that you're going to hunt him down and kill him. If people can't make the distinction, it'd be best not to post anything.

Bear in mind, we don't want any of our posters to fall foul of these laws, but we are not in a position to prevent it.

In light of these draconian measures it might be a good time for those with a point of view to put down the use of "FTP", and the like, and articulate their point beliefs properly. Perhaps not on a football forum; then again it is supposed to be a platform for discussion in a free society.

I have to say, and in fear of being unpopular, some of the comments made on forums are horrendous so im for one not surprised they are taking action now and in some respect, i dont think its a bad thing.

I get the freedom of speech and thought thing but sometimes people take it too far and there is no doubt that if some of the things posted were said in the confines of a police station or in front of a police officer, there would be arrests, so its not exactly surprising they are extending that.

You dont need to post bile to make your point any less appropriate in my opinion. (tu)

What I don't get is that folk online (we know what side) can actively post lies, propaganda and actively seek to destabilise a business and share offering and nothing gets done about that when real folk can lose money through their activities.

But if someone here were to rage and abuse them in such a way, they could be prosecuted? Fuck that.

So if I decide to tell FOCUS to go and take a running rubber-duck to itself and to further tell the intrusive, nosey-bastard thought-Police to do likewise, metaphorically speaking mind you, that I'll be charged with, er....something or other.

This is Alex Salmond's Scotland 2012.

Vote these bastards out folks before they turn this into Nazi Germany, circa the 1930's.

What a political little world we live on.

I think there should be a law that states if one is looking to be offended then thats their own problem.

Terrorism websites offend me as do comments from timothy,but the key to not being offended is dont go on certain websites.

Afterall why would a tim want to come here? And why would I want to read about Taliban or anything else that could offend me.

Burn our poppies and shred our flag. But dont ever dare say anything to offend the rats of society

P.s we know you do a good job admin

Agree with poster who said simply ban guests from viewing posts. Other sites do that.

Haven't read the full thread, is there a reason we don't want to do this? It may simply encourage more non-Rangers fans to join simply so they can report us, but will still reduce the number of reports to FOCUS.

Agree with poster who said simply ban guests from viewing posts. Other sites do that.

Haven't read the full thread, is there a reason we don't want to do this? It may simply encourage more non-Rangers fans to join simply so they can report us, but will still reduce the number of reports to FOCUS.

I'd suggest that the type of individual that goes out of their way to report to FOCUS is already a member on this site and as many others as possible.