Rangers-mad James Arthur to perform for players and fellow fans at Ibrox

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has over 800,000 followers on twitter, could someone get him to retweet the e-petition?

that is what we need with the e-petition a bit of backing. I am not a X factor fan either, but if he wins this then his twitter and media following will be huge and like him or not, its something we should tapping into.

I'm not a big fan of X factor and the crap that it usually churns out but he's a talented guy and is almost too good to have come through and become associated with that show IMO.

Totally agree - much to good for the show but if the show gives a talent like that a real opportunity it aint all bad.

Thriving :lol:

You have no done your homework.

No need to do homework, After the doom n gloom of the start of the century the music industry has totally turned itself around.

My bet is your into old fashioned guitar music and your stuck in some musical timewarp.

No need to do homework, After the doom n gloom of the start of the century the music industry has totally turned itself around.

My bet is your into old fashioned guitar music and your stuck in some musical timewarp.

Please elaborate on 'old fashioned guitar music' :lol:

some people are fucking morons. This is about as transparent a vote strategy as I've ever seen. Vote for him and you're a spastic.

To be fair to the lad we found out he was a rangers fan after Broxi bear got everyone to tweet him and ask why he had a tattoo of Gary Glitter on his arse and it transpired he came from a family of bluenoses. It wasn't a case of I'm a bluenose , everyone vote for me.

fuck sake; heres for anyone else having a hard time reading that.....

X FACTOR star James Arthur is to perform in front of thousands of fellow Rangers fans after the club invited him to sing at Ibrox.

Gers-mad James, 24, was thrilled when bosses at the club asked if he would come to Glasgow and do a gig for the players and fans.

The singer, who last night sung to clinch a slot in next week’s final, has followed the club since he was a boy.

And our exclusive picture shows him beaming proudly in his Rangers kit at the age of seven.

James’s Glaswegian dad Neil, 55, who was back in his home town yesterday, said: “It’s a big thrill.

“He’s been a Rangers fan since he was little. The fact that he’ll get to sing at Ibrox is amazing.

“That photograph was taken in 1995. He asked for this strip for Christmas and was so happy when he got it.

“His biggest Rangers idols were Gazza and Ally McCoist.

“He just loved going to watch the team at Ibrox.

“James is getting lots of amazing opportunities but for him, playing at Ibrox will be a real honour. He can’t wait.”

Every generation says the music industry is dying purely because they dont like the music...face it the music industry right now is thriving...the problem is your not moving with the times hence why you think it's dying.

Dude.. The Allman Brothers Band lives on.. Good music is just that -- it spans generations (tu)

A lot of music is shite. From any generation.

If he was signed up off Buchanan street busking he'd be a superstar but because he's having a go through a reality tv show he's pish.

People forget that reality shows are a fast track into the music industry so if you are talented then why not give it a go. I've seen many a band still to this day struggle by on shit gigs but it's ok because it's cool that way. God forbid any of these boys ever trying x factor or BGT and getting some real exposure and a contract ...... The cool brigade just wouldn't allow it.

At least he had the balls to apply this way.

And any shouts for the Bears means he will get my vote. I watch it I don't vote but I will vote tonight.