Mark Hateley

watty.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was fantastic, him and ally were perfect together they seemed to know exactly what each other were going to do two moves before they got the ball he scored something like one in every two and must have set up about a hundred for Ally, whenever either scored they ran to each other to celebrate almost every time. And he only ever called Ally "Alistair" never Ally loll

Great player who also has a lot of time for the fans. When my son was at a Rangers soccer school he presented the awards at the end. He approached me outside asking what ones your kid and he spent ages talking about all things Rangers.

Top guy

He is without doubt an iconic figure and his place as a legend of our fantastic club is secure .For me he is the one guy in the media that does regularly stick up for us and get into the rodents mince .He has made mistakes working in the beggar loving media but he has learnt to be clever nowadays .I love the guy nearly as much as I do Coisty for all the best memories a football fan could ever have .I was there when it all turned around for him in 91 when his two goals gave us one of the most important wins in our history towards 9in a row and again at Scumdome where he bullied the beggars defence all over the shop in one of my favourite OF wins at piggery of all time .I have a picture of him celebrating this goal and the wee description says "Rangers superiority that day shone like the Hot August Sun "fantastic ,93 Scf goal and celebrations will live with me forever .And many many more .Big Marcos is definitely one of us and proud of it

I thought he was rubbish when he first came, he was injured and unfit then though, turned out a top drawer complete centre forward.

I remember people saying that a 41A could turn faster than him... but it just goes to show what can happen when someone is given a chance to get fit and acquainted with the style of the players around him...

:kyle:

For me he is the one guy in the media that does regularly stick up for us and get into the rodents mince .He has made mistakes working in the beggar loving media but he has learnt to be clever nowadays

He didn't miss Lafferty the other day... :lol: Gave him a right doing in his column. It was a good read, unless you are Kyle Lafferty.

He was a tremendous striker. An absolute battering ram of a centre forward. Great in the air, plenty of pace and never bottled a challenge.

He terrorised defences and goalkeepers.

Yeah, fantastic player.

I remember a stroy he told on why he was known as Attila when he played in Italy.

The crowd used to chant his name, but as most Europeans don't pronounce their H's, it came over as Atlley, the 'y' also sounding like our 'I'.

Never a more serendipitous appellation can I imagine.

And he was spot on IMO .Lafferty was never one of my favourites and my feelings for Lafferty now are much worse

Agreed. (tu)

"And if the Rangers fans want to make a panto villain out of any of them, Lafferty is their man.

He’s a real waste of space.

Is it right that just last week this numpty was spouting off in some other paper that he had made up his mind to leave Rangers a full five months before the end of last season? That he and his partner couldn’t wait to get out of Glasgow?

And yet now we find he is one of three players attempting to sue the club for constructive dismissal. Now I’m no lawyer but is this guy for real?

Lafferty has shown himself to be a selfish man and a stupid one. God knows, he wasn’t even a good Rangers player.

He certainly didn’t come remotely close to providing value for the money – more than £3million – he cost them before heading to Swiss side Sion.

He was a self-centred liability then and remains so today.

So while I do feel a little sorry for Naismith and others who did give their heart and soul to the club and were also willing to take 75 per cent wage cuts in its hour of need, I have no time at all for Lafferty.

Switzerland isn’t far enough away."

Suck it up, Kyle...! :box:

I know people talk about his articles mostly these days,but as a player how would you rate him ? I Was quite young when he played for us,but my old man says he was fantastic and that he and coisty made a great partnership

Big Hately was magic.Remembered by most for his heading prowess,but he could strike the ball great aswell.

Loved the big fella,just wish he had a better hair do....