TBB The song that will not die

islandblue

I know its only a song but the noise from it starting is deafining! An unreal level of noise

Greatest and loudest chant known to mankind and IMO a big part of the reason they want rid of it.

Personally i'm in two minds about it coming back as its a dodgy area for the club.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, Hello

We are the Rangers Boys

Hello, Hello

You'll know us by our noise

We'll give anything to see our team at Ibrox or away

For we are the Glasgow Rangers boys

is an other version it would be hard to get everybody singing a revamped version from the same sheet.

ps fuck knows why my font changed for that reply

We're up to our knees in investees?

Would love this to come back but the clatty powers at be wont allow it

If Charlie would somehow get this back he would be gain legend status. I he was to seriously fight for it and start a campaign for bringing it back highlighting the new lyrics, what ever they would be, even putting out song sheets in the stands if we got the green light, I don't see how they could deny us.

Wishful thinking I fear

I've just finished watching the game again. When it starts its instantaneous. It's loud. It's incredible. And a version of it needs to come back. Over to u union bears snd blue order. Publish us a song sheet. Get rangers on board. Use the screens as a bit of a karioki machine.

Keep it simple , replace Fenian blood with Celtic blood and sing it loud and proud .

Dundee are up to their knees in Arab blood and nobody has any problem with that, Celtic blood should be fine :)

Totally agree but we need the backing of the club and the club to fight for it to return. If we just start singing it again the will fuck us over

An official endorsed version of the song is what we need and for CG and the club to say "right there is not one word in this song that is offence so fucking deal with it cos we are singing it"

Compromise, we should be allowed to sing TBB to any opposion fans inseting words "Elgin fuds" "Montrose duds" ect ect instead of FB,that way they get a mention in the most famous football song in the land and we can sing it loud and proud once again. It will always be "our" antham, and if opposion complain, its only friendly banter!

A Goal! A Goal! We're ready to acclaim,

A Goal! A Goal! To win another game,

We follow Glasgow Rangers,

Our hearts are strong and true,

We are the People, who cheer the boys in blue.

Or similar, is the words I've got on an old LP !

Is that where WATP came from? I saw the words of the song but didn't know it was to the tune of TBB

A Goal! A Goal! We're ready to acclaim,

A Goal! A Goal! To win another game,

We follow Glasgow Rangers,

Our hearts are strong and true,

We are the People, who cheer the boys in blue.

Or similar, is the words I've got on an old LP !

Spot on, my understanding is also that this original song going back to the 50s is where the term "we are the people" comes from.

What an amazing feeling it was hearing it getting belted out!! When I first heard it I thought...."Uh-oh.." quickly followed by "....WE ARE THE BILLY BOYS"... :D Just missed out singing that word and kept inside the law! Get it back, but just don't sing that word....simples!!! No chant anywhere else in world football comes close to the impact that TBB has!!!

Did you see the Rangers supporter jumpin up in the queens park section when we scored, they were greetin like fuck but give the Bear his due he stood up to them and they shat it ? :sherlock:

Nah. Was too busy making eye contact with the tidy wee steward at aisle 56!! Good on him though.

Im pretty sure the song is called We Are The People. 1st verse is something like.......

We are the people, who sing of dignity,

We follow football glory from Kilmarnock to Dundee,

We follow Glasgow Rangers, our hearts are strong and true,

We Are The People who cheer the boys in blue.

A Goal! A Goal we're ready to acclaim

A Goal! A Goal to win another game

We follow Glasgow Rangers, our hearts are strong & true.

We Are The People who cheer the boys in blue.

But im not sure if thats a watered down version of the "fenian blood" one, but thats whats on my LP dated 1963.

Believe me, the F*nian blood line was sung !!

The reason we can't sing it is because of the above, that line is inexorably tied to the song, it will never be removed and therefore should just be stopped from being sung at all b

there is a name for that..

fly grassing

think before you post works both ways