Bell Signs Pre-Contract With Rangers?

ca11um

CAMMY BELL has clinched a four-year deal with Rangers.

The Kilmarnock keeper has signed a pre- contract and will join Gers on September 1.

As SunSport revealed on Monday the 26-year-old has snubbed the offer of a five-year deal at Rugby Park and will move when Rangers’ transfer embargo is lifted.

Bell’s Gers deal is worth around £8,000-a-week, and Ibrox boss Ally McCoist said: “Cammy fits the bill in terms of his ability and his availability in terms of being out of contract in the summer.”

SunSport understands Bell will remain 100 per cent committed to Killie until his contract expires.

But his switch to Ibrox casts doubt on Neil Alexander’s future at the club.

The Gers No1 is out of contract at the end of the season and remains locked in talks over a new deal.

Alexander is unlikely to settle for a seat back on the bench.

McCoist, above, added: “We would like to keep Neil because I want to have two strong keepers. It would also give me the opportunity to send Scott out on loan"

Source : The Scottish Sun

Sorry if it is already posted ......

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil Alexander has been a wonderful servant to us, but I cannot imagine us playing second division football with guys earning 8k+ a week sitting on the bench

He will be our Number 1, Alexander has until Bell arrives to prove he can keep the shirt but Bell is younger and better shot stopping.

I can see Alexander moving on, with our best wishes.

He will be our Number 1, Alexander has until Bell arrives to prove he can keep the shirt but Bell is younger and better shot stopping.

I can see Alexander moving on, with our best wishes.

Na I realise that. My point was simply, we won't have two goalkeepers in our squad that earn a combined 20k a week (or not far off if figures are to be believed) - Alexander will surely leave. Great to have options but pointless to be paying either Bell or Alexander the money they'd be on to sit on a division 2 bench