Attendance

KingAlly

i agree its not the smartest thing to say - Walter said the same thing a year or two ago, and i got grief for even questioning his judgement. i dont think people are shocked by what Green said. he said the truth. my point was that it is the shocking, nay abysmal football being put on display that is stopping people going. not a simple comment (that by all accounts was taken out of context)

Listened to the interview and not the thing to say even if it was twisted in the press up here, but the football we've been watching for the season has been pish for a long time and the fans kept coming. it's no coincidence that today was our lowest league attendance

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to the interview and not the thing to say even if it was twisted in the press up here, but the football we've been watching for the season has been pish for a long time and the fans kept coming. it's no coincidence that today was our lowest league attendance

Were you at the game today?

Well get to the games and it might be busier????

had tickets for myself and the wee guy but been floored with a bug since yesterday, can't be more than 10ft from the toilet just incase.

Not what the fans in GF2 would want next to them, so couldn't go. Thanks for your interest though

Well, I tried to buy a ticket for my Grandson in GF .... anywhere ........ and I couldn't get one for him at all, but low and behold, when I turned up, there must have been around 40 empty seats in GF 6 alone , all season ticket holders who decided not to come along, why do they not give their seat up so others can take it ..

had tickets for myself and the wee guy but been floored with a bug since yesterday, can't be more than 10ft from the toilet just incase.

Not what the fans in GF2 would want next to them, so couldn't go. Thanks for your interest though

Good man,i have been drinking Belhaven Bests all night,brilliant cure....................until the morning,then its anyones guess,hope u feel better for the next game,my boy will be playing that day,its an early k.o.,i wont make it,so tickets are spare,PM me if you want them mate????

At beginning of season there were THEMED games every week and it worked at treat, in saying that it is the season ticket holders who arent turning up.

The hospitalitys are all full and all but 2000 tickets to match capacity were sold, i just wish season ticket holders make sure they get someone else to go in there place!!!

but we need wee theme games to get this back up as crowds goin down every week

But only 3 fans are allowed to sing in it at any one time don't you know. :rolleyes:

I watched online and the start of the game went something like this:

"Follow, follow we will..." Sang by all, breaking in to,

"There's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers..." Sang by all until the point we fuck certain factions and their principalities.

We know what song is next but it was non-existant. Fans are looking at each other questioning what is acceptable. Nobody knows so no wonder only 3 were singing...

Now this is where the product on the park and the entertainment value comes into it! Season ticket holders have bought their ticket to support the club and its because its what we have always done but if there is no entertainment to be gained from watching these clueless and uninspired performances people will find something else to do.

I go to the games with my dad and grandad but yesterday (and against ES) my wee cousin took my granddads ticket....he said to me after the game he doesn't want to come again as he was bored...look at the amount of people who have tried to give away seats for free and no one takes them up on it!

Some tough decisions may have to be made soon. If the level of performance and style of play doesn't improve soon, especially with ticket price rises for fans while inept players are paid more than they are worth, I guarantee our attendances will drop further unfortunately.

Who cares, I was there and more concerned about the team on the pitch not the size of the crowd. Is this attendance argument ongoing so that some of us can argue with the scum about crowd size.

Sorry but I've better things to worry about.

Who cares, I was there and more concerned about the team on the pitch not the size of the crowd. Is this attendance argument ongoing so that some of us can argue with the scum about crowd size.

We've already won that argument. Some of us just want to see more bums on seats, cos it means more money for the club.

(says the man who wasn't at the game yesterday ;) )

The problem is the standard of play from the team on the pitch is affecting the size of the crowd.If season ticket sales fall next year it will hinder our recovery.

Today's game was the lowest I have seen all season for league games. Looking from Goan stand there was loads of empty seats dotted around and then big clumps in the main stand. Also ad in the usual at the end of each stand I can see where they are getting the attendance from. I have also heard people are not renewing at the end of the season as well.

I can't agree with that even the club deck was pretty full

yeah I noticed that too but I think there was around 39 to 41.000 there .No way was it nearly full ..I honestly think we are making too much of these crowd stats .In this climate and with league almost a formality then any crowd over 30,000 is amazing .Fact that we get crowds well above this says it all about our great supporters

How the fck is anything over 35,000 shocking for the lowest league in Scotland,get a grip man ...

We like to tell the world we're a big club, well big clubs get big crowds. Ibrox should be full everytime we play, whether it be East Stirling of Real Madrid.