A wonderful moment tonight

Essandoh

Is there no way he could attend one last game in the disabled section or something if you contacted the club and told them the story im sure they would do anything they could to make it possible for him to see his team again.

Im still actually in tears after reading that.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the lovely words. Truly appreciate it.

It was my grandmother though, I'm only 20, but I've the knees of an 80 year old. :lol:

Nice words ruined by idiocy ... lol, well glad you laughed ... humour generally gets us through.

Is there no way he could attend one last game in the disabled section or something if you contacted the club and told them the story im sure they would do anything they could to make it possible for him to see his team again.

Im still actually in tears after reading that.

I feel bad now that I've made you cry! I've cried enough tears for everyone tonight.

We were considering it and have been for a long while, but he's pretty far gone. He would most likely be intimidated by the noise, and he couldn't sit in the cold that long. Despite that, we've been told that the Club do special tours of Ibrox for men and women suffering from Alzheimer's, but I'm not sure if its true or not. It's definitely something worth thinking about.

I've sent a message of thanks to the Club. I don't expect a reply but if I do receive one I'll be sure to share it.

One of the best tributes to both your nan and granddad is...they have a truly marvelous grandson.

Thank you for sharing that. Im sure there will be many on here who have lost someone so close and special...and you have just managed to make each and every one of us think of those special people whilst reading your post.

Condolences for your loss and prayers to give you more strength to keep up with your granddad and his obvious humour....no matter how deeply hidden nowadays.

To a special special man.

I feel bad now that I've made you cry! I've cried enough tears for everyone tonight.

We were considering it and have been for a long while, but he's pretty far gone. He would most likely be intimidated by the noise, and he couldn't sit in the cold that long. Despite that, we've been told that the Club do special tours of Ibrox for men and women suffering from Alzheimer's, but I'm not sure if its true or not. It's definitely something worth thinking about.

I've sent a message of thanks to the Club. I don't expect a reply but if I do receive one I'll be sure to share it.

Dont feel bad its mainly because I wasnt able to share the most special thing in my pappys life with him more than a season or so before dementia struck him to the stage.he.had to go to a nursing home and that he has since passed ill never get to see him again.

I think he.would love it if something could be sorted out dont think he would be intimidated at all think it would bring back all of the memories as a younger man being there in the past same with the tour I think he would be so happy to experience it all one more time. What about a reserve game perhaps so it is a bit.quieter if the noise is to much for him?

I hope the club can sort something for him no matter what the mans your hero and it is the same bond I had with my pappy so he deserves only the best. (tu)

One of the best tributes to both your nan and granddad is...they have a truly marvelous grandson.

Thank you for sharing that. Im sure there will be many on here who have lost someone so close and special...and you have just managed to make each and every one of us think of those special people whilst reading your post.

Condolences for your loss and prayers to give you more strength to keep up with your granddad and his obvious humour....no matter how deeply hidden nowadays.

To a special special man.

You've made me tear up. That means so much. Thank you.

Wonderful Story, and I am sorry for the loss of your Gran. Alzheimer's is the worse disease in the world, worse than any cancer, because it steals the most precious thing from you, the thing that you cherish the most, your memories. Sadly not enough is done to combat the disease, I lost my own father to it, from the same generation as your Grandfather and built from the same stuff.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Outstanding post. You have my heartfelt condolences. My partner recently lost both her grandfathers within the space of a month. Fairly expected on her fathers side, most unexpected on her mothers side. Her mothers father had been a Royal Marine and had served from Normandy to the Far East before joining the Metropolitan Police. We were very close. His funeral was held in Benfleet where he'd lived all his adult life and an RM bugler was there who sounded The Last Post. He was a Spurs fan first and foremost but always maintained a fondness for our Club. I took him to a few games a few years back when they visited but coming from Ayr, the train then the tube got a wee bit too much for him. Loved it all the same. His wake was held in Benfleet Conservative Club and as I was standing at the bar in full Highland garb under an elaborate portrait of Her Majesty, a wee old fella came up to me and goes "So you must be the bluenose jock old George was always goin on about". Despite the circumstances I couldn't stop smiling for hours after this. Still in tears at the OP. Hope your grandfather keeps ok.

Im sure the club were doing an event in a hotel up the town in aid of Alzheimer's where they played old games etc to try and help jog some memories and help those suffering with Alzheimer's remember some good times.

Would definitely be worth your while asking mate (tu)

Thanks for sharing your story as well, it reminds me of when my gran and grandpa were in hospital before they passed. Always asking how the Rangers were getting on, and both would have a smile that lasted days when told that we had won at the weekend. Those are the last memories I have of both of them (plus one of my grandpa asking the doctor, after being told he would have to use a Zimmer or more likely a wheelchair for the rest of his life, if he would be better in time to make the parade on the twelth!) and I wouldn't change it.

Far, far more than a club.

Condolences on your grandmother as well mate.

My gran has that disease horrible to watch and not be able to do anything. Took her to her last game last season v Berwick. She got to meet the whole squad and her hero Mr mccoist. Brought me to tears, Seeing her so happy. Your correct we are more than a club.