Leggatt produces more guff

thehost

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although leggat has long since passed off into parody what I do find "interesting" is that some of you who have replied or started this thread were all over bill mcmurdos claims dying to lap it up and generate negative hysteria....and now a claim is out that rangers are showing fiscal savy and our new CEO isn't being paid a kings ransom you are very quick to disbelieve it.....interesting!

As I said before mcmurdos last attempt at publishing fantasy the audited accounts will be out soon enough....all this speculating, claim after counter claim and divisive chat does nothing for us....once the accounts are out then we will have something to discuss but until then we just have to suffer the host and his dubious intentions of constantly speculating in negative land!

For me, I said in bills first post about figures as IF true then worrying....I stopped reading Leggat a while back when his blogs got more ludicrous...right before he took his wee book writing holiday. But you are right, once accounts are open for us all to observe then we can have proper discussions on the matter....however, we can all still have an opinion now even on speculation. It is the whole point of these forums isn't it :)

It appears that many posters think Leggo to be a fool but that should not cloud information which may be true. Why do people believe one blogger but not the next? Either could be right or wrong.

t

I cannot speak for others but I normally look for facts not bluster and innuendo. Sadly the lack of facts in some blogs makes reading them akin to reading the Daily Record or the Sun.

I think you might be onto something here cushynumber.......do you mind if I plagiarise this idea for a book?

The working title is 'There, There, There and Back Again' by Bilbo Bacons.

as long as I get 50% of any royalties, then go for it. My lawyers are watching.

t

I cannot speak for others but I normally look for facts not bluster and innuendo. Sadly the lack of facts in some blogs makes reading them akin to reading the Daily Record or the Sun.

At least at the sun and the record they are for the most part not rangers fans writing them. Some of our bloggers need to have a long hard look at themselves.

It is by no coincidence d'art is widely regarded as the best blogger by rangers fans as he concentrates on the club and going after enemies rather than being another mans fool

I dont see an awful lot wrong with it.

He calls Bill out on his Mather salary...............well one of them will be correct I guess.

He has a go at one or two people ..................so what? its his opinion.

Its all rather bluster and little meaningful content.

We can ignore or read with copious amount of salt (a pinch might not be enough)

Now thing are settling down the bloggers war will go on.........nowt else to write about you see.

There is an appalling lack if facts and an undeniable attempt at misdirection by sleight if hand.

I don't know if it is deliberate by leggo or he's not smart enough to see he is just being someones sock puppet. (probably Walters)

All this focus on basic salary figures is meaningless.

I know plenty of people who make loads but don't have big salaries.

There is no mention of shares, pension contributions or deferred bonuses or salary.

Nothing about golden handshakes, houses, expenses or any other sort of deals that can be done.

This is all just more muck raking to destabilize the board.

The fact that the thread gets locked on FF speaks volumes. Even on FF the majority realise that Leggat is a crackpot with similar credibility to Speirs and Phil McThreenames. Whatever the truth is, you're unlikely to get it from Leggo. I don't know how good Bills sources are but I do know that he has been consistent in his stance throughout all this.

Also a totally uncalled for dig at another Bear by Leggo.

I have no problems with that, its like every and I mean every blog, you take in the info and you pick out what suits you and just discard the rest. These figures are believeable, which probably means I want to believe, but we do seem to be heading down the enemy within road again.

This. These figures seem more likely to me, but I have nothing to back that up, other than instinct. The board/ex-board factionalised, the bloggers have done the same, attaching to either side. It's like political parties, it's virtually impossible for us to know who to believe. Look forward to the published accounts.

Leggat has set himself up for a potential fall. He says that Green's £720k salary/bonus will be shown in the audited accounts when they are produced. We can only wait and see if that is true.

True or not what worries me is the continued manoeuvring from both camps. Regardless of who has the best interests of Rangers at heart.

Are McMurdo and Leggat both being fed by different factions or are they both just talking complete pish?

It's a lot more complicated than believing McMurdo if you're in the Green camp or believing Leggat if you're in the Smith camp. That may provide comfort to some...just makes me even more concerned for the future.

Leggo says in his blog that Mather doesn't have a contract. It is not i feasible that he was on £ 500k and has had his package adjusted following the negative publicity. It has taken quite a while for the club (impeccable source) to get there denial out.

True or not what worries me is the continued manoeuvring from both camps. Regardless of who has the best interests of Rangers at heart.

Are McMurdo and Leggat both being fed by different factions or are they both just talking complete pish?

It's a lot more complicated than believing McMurdo if you're in the Green camp or believing Leggat if you're in the Smith camp. That may provide comfort to some...just makes me even more concerned for the future.

While there may be some infighting, thats probably true of most boardrooms. I think our darkest days are behind us. So while its worth keeping an eye on, my concern at this stage is limited

Probably a mute point and observation. If you and I where communicating with your lawyer on some possible legal action or tactic then you are hardly likely to put on the to: or cc: distribution the person you are targeting. Why would David Leggat be on the addresses in the examples he shows?

Probably a mute point and observation. If you and I where communicating with your lawyer on some possible legal action or tactic then you are hardly likely to put on the to: or cc: distribution the person you are targeting. Why would David Leggat be on the addresses in the examples he shows?

great spot! he has Leggo in the "to:" field of the email that Imran is sending to his lawyers.