Leggatt produces more guff

thehost

Charles never got involved with our club for nothing. He saw an opportunity to make money. The figure quoted by leggat probably is correct. Just as the claims about easdale being in with green and ahmad are probably right. Lets not forget ahmad accessing fans forums and spreading proverbial everywhere. I definitely would not want imran ahmad back at the club. We shouldnt be too quick too shoot down these bloggers. After all any time mad phil writes something negative about rangers half the people on here believe him and basically trust what he says!!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leggat has set himself up for a potential fall. He says that Green's £720k salary/bonus will be shown in the audited accounts when they are produced. We can only wait and see if that is true.

Indeed. I've no idea whether those figures are correct or not. If they prove to be right, perhaps people will give him a bit more credibility and respect. If not, he should apologise, name and shame his source and give up blogging.

I think the club now has a balance on the board. The last thing we need is a return of Charles Green. He only had a limited shelf life and that has well passed. Imran Ahmed, I never trusted. Both saw it as an opportunity to make money. They had no love for the club. Run it as a business? Its a football club - we just need to break even and win some trophies. Whether Leggo is right or wrong, it doesnt really matter - lets get back to playing football and getting our rightful place back. Also anyone of a Rangers persuasion who talks to McLaughlin can only have one agenda!!

Although leggat has long since passed off into parody what I do find "interesting" is that some of you who have replied or started this thread were all over bill mcmurdos claims dying to lap it up and generate negative hysteria....and now a claim is out that rangers are showing fiscal savy and our new CEO isn't being paid a kings ransom you are very quick to disbelieve it.....interesting!

As I said before mcmurdos last attempt at publishing fantasy the audited accounts will be out soon enough....all this speculating, claim after counter claim and divisive chat does nothing for us....once the accounts are out then we will have something to discuss but until then we just have to suffer the host and his dubious intentions of constantly speculating in negative land!

Fans have a right to believe what they want. I was a staunch supporter of Craig Whyte right up until the administration and even shortly after. We can only deal with what we're given and then we have to make our minds up.

Bloggers' have a responsibility to present us with facts, anything else and they're stirring with an agenda. You can't blame fans for being open to what some people write and dismissive of others, it's just human nature.

I think the club now has a balance on the board. The last thing we need is a return of Charles Green. He only had a limited shelf life and that has well passed. Imran Ahmed, I never trusted. Both saw it as an opportunity to make money. They had no love for the club. Run it as a business? Its a football club - we just need to break even and win some trophies. Whether Leggo is right or wrong, it doesnt really matter - lets get back to playing football and getting our rightful place back. Also anyone of a Rangers persuasion who talks to McLaughlin can only have one agenda!!

I have a sneaky feeling that this is the true motive behind the blog. Following the speculation that CG might be returning it looks like he is trying to tell us that CG and IA will come back as a package. The question of course, is it true?

The IPO was quite specific about greens 100% bonus and it wasn't for winning the 3rd division.

If he is incorrect about that what else is "spin and bluster"?

You sure about that? Bear in mind the accounts will show what he got. I think you might find the prospectus was deliberately vague.

You sure about that? Bear in mind the accounts will show what he got. I think you might find the prospectus was deliberately vague.

It wasn't vague in the slightest.

It said leaving the SFL.

The only vague point will come into play is the fact that we are not now in the SFL.

However, green had left by that point.

As a double however it can also be shown that the IPO, at the time of writing, could not have known of the future change of controlling authority.

Still its a good line to peddle if you want a paying audience.

It wasn't vague in the slightest.

It said leaving the SFL.

The only vague point will come into play is the fact that we are not now in the SFL.

However, green had left by that point.

As a double however it can also be shown that the IPO, at the time of writing, could not have known of the future change of controlling authority.

Still its a good line to peddle if you want a paying audience.

Ok that's fine if you are 100% certain Green didn't take his bonus. We'll find out soon enough.

Theoretically, if he did take it, would you feel misled or would you still be desperate for him to come back?

Ok that's fine if you are 100% certain Green didn't take his bonus. We'll find out soon enough.

Theoretically, if he did take it, would you feel misled or would you still be desperate for him to come back?

He wasn't due a bonus.

He might have taken a pay off though.

I am not sure what smith gave him when he stabbed him in the back.

Also I am not desperate for him to come back I just want a CEO who will run the place like a sustainable business and will not give carte blanche to mccoist and smith to lord it about the place.

"Mr Green is also entitled to a bonus of 100 per cent. of his gross salary in the event that the Club wins promotion from the SFL

or otherwise transfers to another football league; and to participate in any share option or

other incentive scheme adopted by the Company."

"Mr Green is also entitled to a bonus of 100 per cent. of his gross salary in the event that the Club wins promotion from the SFL

or otherwise transfers to another football league; and to participate in any share option or

other incentive scheme adopted by the Company."

to be fair to Chris it is somewhat vague in the respect that it's black and white but not easy to paint him as a bogeyman

ergo vague

Friday, 9 November 2012

CHARLES GREEN AND IMRAN AHMAD...THE TRUTH!

MY old Scots Presbyterian granny always used to say that a man who never made a mistake, never made anything.

She also used to impress upon me that it is right and proper to have the courage of your convictions, but when those views were shown to be wrong, it needed a special sort of courage to stand up and admit it.

To, if you like, dine on humble pie, that most extreme version of cauld kail.

As was the case with so many things, my old Scots Presbyterian granny was correct.

Therefore, instead of my usual bowl of salty porridge for breakfast, it is the cauld kail of humble pie for me today.

For when it comes to chatterbox, Charles Green and when it comes to city slicker, Imran Ahmad and when it comes to the quiet man, Brian Stockbridge and when it comes to the new regime inside Ibrox....

I WAS WRONG!

They are not going to steal Ibrox Stadium, they are not going to half inch Milngavie training complex and they are not going to nick the title deeds to the Albion car park.

They are also not going to make a money grab and steal the hard earned wages of Rangers supporters. And most of all, they are not going to rape Rangers.

And I must also say, that having met Charles Green, he is not a snake oil salesman. A bit of a patter merchant, yes. He has got a spiel, yes. But I do believe that spiel will benefit Rangers.

Of course there are those out there who will throw up their hands in horror and try to make some sort of cheap capital out of what I have written.

Just as I am aware that there certain extremists who will make wild and unsubstantiated claims about me being bought off.

You know, the same sort of wild and unsubstantiated claims that Odious Creep made about Rangers supporters in Spain.

They will try to blacken my name by using the same sort of gutter tactics and lies that Odious Creep used in his bid to smear Rangers supporters.

The truth of the matter, as I know it to be, as Charles Green knows it to be, as Imran Ahmad knows it to be, is that facts and reasoned arguement have persuaded me to do what all rational people sometimes have to do. Change my mind.

It is a lesson from history and an attribute attributed to my great hero, Winston Churchill and also to John Maynard Keynes.

They both said....’When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do?

‘When I am wrong, I change my mind. What do you do?’

Since the Rangers supporter with the greatest knowledge of the new Rangers regime, Alistair McCoist, finally endorsed it, I have adopted a softly-softly approach to it, watching and waiting, searching for answers and speaking to a number of people who are in the know.

Slowly evidence emerged to move me from my original hostility and nudge me in the direction of those who are now inside the Blue Room. But I needed more. And now I have got it.

For now, having looked Charles Green in the eye, having looked Imran Ahmad in the eye, I feel comfortable enough with their stewardship of Rangers.

It would have been easier for me to have continued to hold fire, to have kept my powder dry and waited until after the share issue before declaring for Charles Green and Imran Ahmad.

But I am sure my old Scots Presbyterian granny would not have approved. She would not have believed that an honourable way to behave. And she would have been right.

It would have been a wee bit like waiting to see which team won the cup final before saying that was the team I supported.

I have also been heartened to see that the Rangers Supporters Trust have given their backing to the forthcoming share issue by launching their Buy Rangers scheme, which allows supporters to buy into the dream, to become the New Gallant Pioneers, for an affordable minimum of £125.

It is good that fans now have an affordable vehicle to help take them on the journey Rangers have embarked on, the romantic journey, the journey which will match the achievments of the original Gallant Pioneers.

This carefully controlled scheme, under the watchful eye of the Financial Services Authority, endorsed by the Government regulated Supporters Direct and given the seal of approval by local MP, Ian Davidson, will also pave the way for a fan’s representative on the new Rangers board.

It is real supporters participation in the running of Rangers for the first time. It is the sort of participation David Murray would never have allowed during his long reign as the dictator of Ibrox.

And the way to the boardroom for the supporters is being paved by Charles Green and Imran Ahmad.

But it is the growing list of institutional investors, who have so far declared an interest in seeing the Rangers share launch perspective, which is really impressive.

I have had a wee keek at it and I can tell you there are investors there which are household names in every blue chip investor’s luxury penthouse and oak panelled boardroom.

Commercial confidentiality and my word of honour as an old Boy Scout and as my old Scots granny’s grandson, prevents me from naming names, so you will just have to trust me on that one.

None of which suggests that either I, or any organisation of Rangers supporters, or rank and file fans, are now prepared to hand carte blanche to Charles Green and Imran Ahmad.

After all that has happened to Rangers recently, they would not expect that and, indeed, are active in making plans to ensure they can be held to account to make good their pledge that no one man ever again owns Rangers and turns it into his personal ego boosting fiefdom in the way David Murray did

For that Rangers supporters should be truly grateful.

The cauld kale is now finished.

AND.....

.....IT’S back to mince, or to put it another way, Odious Creep.

Just days after he penned a piece for the horrible Herald’s on-line edition - still being promoted there - which extolled the wonderful success of the Rangerless Scottish Premier League came the news that....

Hearts could go bust in the next eight days. Quickly followed by a report which warned that another five Scottish clubs were hurtling towards financial meltdown.

In fact the clowns who run the Herald's online site have got Odious Creep's piece in praise of the success of the Rangerless SPL beside stories about Hearts on the brink of going bust and five other clubs deep in trouble.

Now things are just about to get worse for Odious Creep and for the Herald.

For I will soon reveal why his publicly recorded views could see him banned from the BBC as the Beeb tries desperately to cleanse itself following the Savile kiddy-fiddling scandal.

And all in the wake of my revelation that he lied, that’s correct, yes, Odious Creep lied, about being assaulted and spat on by Rangers supporters in Villarreal, adding that I have also got the proof of how he has got previous for making up allegations about being assaulted.

Yes, the clock is ticking on the career credibility of arch-Rangers hater and useful idiot, Odious Creep.

Need I say anymore?

Sad to see the personal attacks instead of actually debating the blog, but it's to be expected on here perhaps.

It's a relief that Mather isn't earning anything like £500k, as many of us suspected in the first place. McMurdo really needs to be careful with what Ahmad and Green tell him. It seemed extremely unlikely that Mather would earn this sum.

We now are back to the days of a few months ago where bloggers are pushing agendas, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this fad quickly pass. There are bigger and more serious men starting to look at buying Rangers than Charles Green and Imran Ahmad.