Do you trust Charles Green?

Swanny13

It is clear that many have changed their opinion on RM about CG, until a few days ago I would say a majority of the members thought he was the best person to take the club forward. I was one of them. Until I see evidence to show that CG has done something wrong then I will stand by my position in supporting him, and if that means trusting him then the answer is yes.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No. He is not a Rangers man and even though he says he is not there for the money, I believe he is...and that is very bad for our football club.

Why is it bad?

Surely of he invested money in with other investors and he makes Money then pur Club would be in w good financial position.

Or does that not make sense.

Because none of the Rangers Men have put any Money in.Including Walter.

Ally put some in,however he is on a very tidy salary along with othersInc ,Durranty and Kenny.

People seem to forget that he, Green, is only at Rangers in a consultancy role. He was obviously brought into that position by Mather and will be reporting to the CEO.

Will he have influence? Absolutely however at the end of the day Mather is still captain of the ship. He will either come out of this as a new rising star at Ibrox or.........................................

If he holds a steady course and sails us through this mess then I suggest Mini & rats better make their stay at Ibrox a short one.

We are living in interesting times.

Oh, the OP - I trust Green no more and no less than anyone else involved with Rangers boardroom politics at this moment in time.

I have NEVER heard him say a positive thing about a single figure at this club. Nothing but contempt for club legend after club legend.

So no, I don't feel the same way about others, because I have never encountered a Rangers fan like him.

There has been a few sprouting up of late,we have all had different viewpoints but his and a few others are full of contempt in the extreme.

In a question about Charles Green you still manage to discredit Walter Smith? ?????

Can I ask a question to you? Do you believe in any way whatsoever that Walter Smiths "allegiances" in this boardroom struggle or whatever it can be called lie with McColl and the ex truebluediddlydoo knights? And if, as I believe, he is aligned with this group, is it not fair that people may not trust them (ergo him) on this matter? the simple fact is that these horrors are deliberately destabalising the club for financial reasons only. Being a legend does not and never should exempt anyone from criticism. In fact, I respect posters more if they can hold everyone up to scrutiny with fear or favour...Its our club.

The only way Charles Green can protect his investments is by having a healthy, and successful Rangers. He doesn't want the healthy successful Rangers because he loves the club but does that matter? I trust that his intentions are to make money and that helps me as I want the best Rangers possible. So yes I trust that he will do all he can to bring success for the club, all be it with selfish intentions.

I have NEVER heard him say a positive thing about a single figure at this club. Nothing but contempt for club legend after club legend.

So no, I don't feel the same way about others, because I have never encountered a Rangers fan like him.

I have lots of positive things to say about the club. However, you will never get a positive word from me about those who i feel complicit for where we find ourselves and, to me, smith is up there big time.

Ally Mccoist gets a hard time from me because i expected him to play decent football. I wanted him to be a success. He is a hero of mine as a footballer but i am not going to lie that he is the worst manager i have ever seen in action.

As to the rest who "get it from me" it's because i know what they are all about and it's an agenda driven few people willfully mis-representing the support for the eventual benefit of a few.

It is clear that many have changed their opinion on RM about CG, until a few days ago I would say a majority of the members thought he was the best person to take the club forward. I was one of them. Until I see evidence to show that CG has done something wrong then I will stand by my position in supporting him, and if that means trusting him then the answer is yes.

i agree with this, he has not done anything thats makes me not trust him, i met him fCe to face and could see he was simply a hard grafter wAnting to make money. Same as me lol

I have lots of positive things to say about the club. However, you will never get a positive word from me about those who i feel complicit for where we find ourselves and, to me, smith is up there big time.

Ally Mccoist gets a hard time from me because i expected him to play decent football. I wanted him to be a success. He is a hero of mine as a footballer but i am not going to lie that he is the worst manager i have ever seen in action.

As to the rest who "get it from me" it's because i know what they are all about and it's an agenda driven few people willfully mis-representing the support for the eventual benefit of a few.

I have to wonder how you motivate yourself to care. How many figures in our history aren't tainted, according to your standards?

This was a much more reasonable and thought-provoking response from you than I expected, I readily admit, but it throws up even more questions for me. I assume that your genuine desire to help the club move forward free from those who use it for their own ends must outweigh your bitterness, otherwise you wouldn't bother with football at all, but it's your bitterness that's most apparent from your posts. It overwhelms, and it is not a positive catalyst for change. I retract my statement that you're worse than a tim, it was said in anger, but I still don't understand you.

If he could get away with it he would close us down. I don't trust him at all

Wouldn't be the best business decision. What would his motivation be for this? People seem to have it in for Green for absolutely no reason. Again, why?

I have to wonder how you motivate yourself to care. How many figures in our history aren't tainted, according to your standards?

This was a much more reasonable and thought-provoking response from you than I expected, I readily admit, but it throws up even more questions for me. I assume that your genuine desire to help the club move forward free from those who use it for their own ends must outweigh your bitterness, otherwise you wouldn't bother with football at all, but it's your bitterness that's most apparent from your posts. It overwhelms, and it is not a positive catalyst for change. I retract my statement that you're worse than a tim, it was said in anger, but I still don't understand you.

The only reason i sound bitter is the entrenchment of the internet.

People start treating smith like a deity and don't like it when others point out inconvenient truths.

Very few people comment on RFC free of emotion. I currently look at it from a business perspective and secondly as a footballing club.

I know of no Ranger's fans who would want to dine with spiers or keevins. This wasnt work it was personal, he decded to do it because he, like most of the footballing staff, live in a football bubble where they would rather have a drink with lenny than interact with a fan. That is just how they all are.

If that view is unpopular then so be it but i see that every game i attend at ibrox. From big jig having a fkn laugh with a mate straight after we get humped by celtic to smith asking "what's wrong wi that cunt" when referring to boyd not smiling.

These are simple men not gods and the sooner everyone realises that the sooner we can get a club that looks forwar rather than some misty-eyed brigadoon.

The only reason i sound bitter is the entrenchment of the internet.

People start treating smith like a deity and don't like it when others point out inconvenient truths.

Very few people comment on RFC free of emotion. I currently look at it from a business perspective and secondly as a footballing club.

I know of no Ranger's fans who would want to dine with spiers or keevins. This wasnt work it was personal, he decded to do it because he, like most of the footballing staff, live in a football bubble where they would rather have a drink with lenny than interact with a fan. That is just how they all are.

If that view is unpopular then so be it but i see that every game i attend at ibrox. From big jig having a fkn laugh with a mate straight after we get humped by celtic to smith asking "what's wrong wi that cunt" when referring to boyd not smiling.

These are simple men not gods and the sooner everyone realises that the sooner we can get a club that looks forwar rather than some misty-eyed brigadoon.

I understand a little better (tu)

i agree with this, he has not done anything thats makes me not trust him, i met him fCe to face and could see he was simply a hard grafter wAnting to make money. Same as me lol

Where shall I start: Lied about his relationship with Whyte, Lied about 10M transfer kitty, Lied about Adidas. Lied about Dallas cowboys nonsense. Hasnt delivered Stadium Rights...... list goes on.

Cheers Dunny, we are now in the minority who still think CG can do well for the club. If we are proved wrong then I am sure we will both hold our hands up and say we were wrong. I hope that does not have to happen :thumbup: I hate being wrong.

Cheers Dunny, we are now in the minority who still think CG can do well for the club. If we are proved wrong then I am sure we will both hold our hands up and say we were wrong. I hope that does not have to happen :thumbup: I hate being wrong.

Don't give yourself too hard a time. You're both just naive and letting a personal dislike re. 'Jobs for the boys ' cloud your judgement.

;)

Utter shite

To be honest, this is how I feel about him. If he was offered his money back plus 10 - 15 million, maybe less, in profit, today, to close us down, I'm not convinced we'd have a club tomorrow. Obviously this is hypothetical, but I have absolutely no trust, and am weary of him. As I I said in another thread, I'd like to be proven wrong.