Club Statement on EGM

Sea Bear

Even if the figures they give for the cost of meetings are accurate it would be worth it to get rid of these leeches. The bonuses paid to each of them was more than that. We need stronger fiscal management at the club, Blin is probably the man for that.

from the frying pan into the fire, how do you suppose mcoll made a billion, these people dont give a fuck about us grunts, its the money my man and only that, that's what makes the world go round

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the figures they give for the cost of meetings are accurate it would be worth it to get rid of these leeches. The bonuses paid to each of them was more than that. We need stronger fiscal management at the club, Blin is probably the man for that.

Right.so.the current board are on.the verge of.destroying us (according to some) and most want rid of them despreatly (sp) but are willing to accept.someone who is "probably" the.right man for the job.

If things as are as bad.as made out to be.we.cannot afford to take a risk on "probably"

You are aware they will be paid off, the only saving will be bonuses, if they were to qualify for one this season.

anybody know who is writing the statements for the current board,the person writing this dreadful statement and the last one that mentioned the daily record is in my opinion not james traynor,are these statments backed by our media department or is this outsiders employed by certain board members putting out statements representing the club.

The two statements of the evening are pretty interesting.

McColl's was a bit bland ad non-committal but clearly applied a bit more gentle pressure going by the club's rather defensive 'reply'.

At least we should get a quiet weekend until a decision is made next week. Suits me fine as I'm on the lash from tomorrow! :cool:

It is a curious statement. A big positive of dispensing with an EGM coupled to a nickel and dime saving which creates a bit of an impression that we are down to counting the nickels and dimes. I guess it was meant to convey that 'living within our means' as Mather put it recently means looking to cut the costs of these sorts of events. But in emphasising it the rebound predicatbly is what about the other expenses like the Manager's salary and the bonus structures and so on.

It also looks like another attempt to beef up Mather's credentials as a deal-maker and leader of the right CEO quality level for Rangers. Personally, I'm very far from convinced of his credentials or case for this but I know others lean more towards his being the right person for the job. At over £300k salary a year I do not see the sort of leadership that I'd expect for that salary or the sort of leadership quality I think Rangers needs. But as long as he is CEO it is for him to continue to seek to show that he is the right person for the job. Also makes you wonder about the wisdom in launching the GM request in the first case. Murray / McColl could just as easily have tabled the motion to sack Mather, Stockbridge and Smart at an AGM when the accounts were published and the evidence of performance of the Board was laid bare for all to analyse. Maybe they feared that rabbits would be pulled out of proverbial bunnets and the picture nowhere near as dire as the speculators and spin-artists make out and the chance of a power-grab would be gone? Who can really say that a destructive call for a GM is (or was now that it is binned) in Rangers best interests?

As for a modern membership scheme. I look forward to seeing the details. This could be Mather's really big moment. If the scheme looks sensible it would be down to him to take the lead in selling it. If it is a device to raise more money in return for an effective representation and a proper voice then I would lean in favour of it subject to the terms of the scheme being ok. If it was also used as a means whereby Supporters could cost-effectively increase their share-holding then that might be good too.

Today's notice indicates a deal with MColl is possible and being worked on. I suspect the publication of the accounts is needed to finalise who joins the Board and who, if anyone, leaves. And when they are published, a deal can be finalised and a joined up, united front can be presented at an AGM for (relatively) uncontested changes to the Board and when the new Chairman can be wheeled out and a grand re-launch of the Board orchestrated and the next chapter can begin.

Why does it cost £75000 to host a meeting ?

That's what I was wondering. That's a cunt of a sum.

Staying at Turnberry was an excellent idea, whoever came up with that should be shot.

There's rooms big enough at Ibrox that could host this meeting, that would cost nothing, having it at Turnberry wouldn't cost three quarters of a million either. They must be taking a wage and expences for this, which is a fucking disgrace.

They should be doing this at Ibrox for free, if they hadn't been so inept, there would be no EGM. The get paid enough, if they want to have it at Turnberry, they should pay for it themselves, like every fan who goes will have to.

"Our supporters should also be aware that after serious and profound discussion with as many fans as possible - both in the UK and abroad " No leaks of these discussions? Amazing! Guess Andy Kerr had a wee chat with Jim Hannah then exaggerated the involvement. Not interested in any such membership scheme.

Right.so.the current board are on.the verge of.destroying us (according to some) and most want rid of them despreatly (sp) but are willing to accept.someone who is "probably" the.right man for the job.

If things as are as bad.as made out to be.we.cannot afford to take a risk on "probably"

Spot on (tu)

Spot on (tu)

Probably means " most likely". Blin has had very senior positions in large accountancy firms. Not one bad report has come out about him in fact the contrary. We need someone of his calibre to get a grip of our finances, if not him someone else of that standard. Up till today's pathetic club statement I was willing to give Mather the benefit of the doubt but not now. We have a FD who cannot or is unwillimg to answer basic questions put to him. It's time to end the gravy train and that includes both directors and coaching staff.