Do you have to have a season ticket to be a true bear?

Skyson1872

It's a tricky one, I love Rangers to bits, I feel like I live my life around Rangers, the feeling I get when we win is amazing, the feeling I get when we lose is disturbing. I always watch the games, be it I'm at the game, I'm watching on TV or a stream, I rarely miss them. I'm constantly talking about Rangers and reading about them. 

But I still don't feel like I'm a as good a fan as those who go every week, home and away. The only reason I don't is because I can't, it's not through a choice of my own. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't say your less of a fan if you don't have a season ticket. Would say you have less of an argument when talking about games tho as watching on the tv or a stream is totoally different watching it live. Also annoys me when people talk about the clubs finances & stuff when they don't contribute anything themselfs towards the cause. 

1 minute ago, BailliestonTB said:

Wouldn't say your less of a fan if you don't have a season ticket. Would say you have less of an argument when talking about games tho as watching on the tv or a stream is totoally different watching it live. Also annoys me when people talk about the clubs finances & stuff when they don't contribute anything themselfs towards the cause. 

Spot on. 

20 hours ago, wully said:

A King Billy tea towel is a must for all 'true bears.'

Joking apart, that is for numbskulls and twats. Anyone who defines their support of Rangers by some shite from 300 years ago is no different to any tim who defines their support of the scum by association with the IRA. 

I have absolutely no time for either. They drag everyone down with them with their shite poison.

2 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

Joking apart, that is for numbskulls and twats. Anyone who defines their support of Rangers by some shite from 300 years ago is no different to any tim who defines their support of the scum by association with the IRA. 

I have absolutely no time for either. They drag everyone down with them with their shite poison.

Some say poison others say passion 

4 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

No surrender ma man ,king Billy's on the wall 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Wow. I'll get the popcorn ....

Can you do that thing they used to do in the Empire cinema in Clydebank?

They'd put in about a third of the popcorn then scoosh the hot butter on it. Another third, more hot butter. Then the last third and more butter.

Fucking amazing.

I had a season since 1987 mainly because after the 1st season under souness A season ticket was a guaranteed way to get into the games....pre souness I went to as many games as I could and it was pay at the gate in those days apart from games against  the mhanks, I gave up my season in 2009 after a fallout out with the ticket office and vowed never to buy another one, I take my hat of to all the hoardes that have paid their money relentlessly thorough such difficult times, I wouldn't dare claim to be as big a fan as these guys nowadays, I still go to games here and there but just buy tickets as I need them, I have the use of a season book this season so I will hopefully get to a lot more games this year.....back in the day I hardly missed a game for 25yrs now I don't get to many, I'm a classic example of someone has been in both sides of the argument. 

7 hours ago, Blue Blooded said:

Go fuck your self ya ira apologist ?

18 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

It's a tricky one, I love Rangers to bits, I feel like I live my life around Rangers, the feeling I get when we win is amazing, the feeling I get when we lose is disturbing. I always watch the games, be it I'm at the game, I'm watching on TV or a stream, I rarely miss them. I'm constantly talking about Rangers and reading about them. 

But I still don't feel like I'm a as good a fan as those who go every week, home and away. The only reason I don't is because I can't, it's not through a choice of my own. 

King's a wanker, and he's made the largest proportion of his clubs supporters pissed off and doubting their own support.

Why some folk on here cream over him - I have no idea.

He is simply there to do a job and should not be hailed as being anything other than a chairman - that is it. He's no god, he's no saviour, he's some dick who should keep his head down and start consistently doing what he has been lately instead of what he has been doing for the majority of his reign. I say he's a dick because of this latest outburst - just when he was starting to turn other, less pro-king supporters opinion's around he comes out with this kind of thing. Embarrassing.

8 hours ago, Blue Blooded said:

Joking apart, that is for numbskulls and twats. Anyone who defines their support of Rangers by some shite from 300 years ago is no different to any tim who defines their support of the scum by association with the IRA. 

:megaanguish:

I'm pretty sure nobody defines their support of Rangers by the battle of the Boyne, however there are a lot of fans who embrace both Rangers and our PUL heritage.

20 hours ago, Murty said:

There's guys that have had a season ticket for years that just go along to have a moan for 90 minutes and then head up the road. Yes they pay their money but does that make them a better supporter than someone who maybe can't go to every game because of other commitments? I wouldn't say so.

Don't think moaning has anything to do with it really

My Dad is one of the most loyal and dedicated Rangers fans I've ever met and he spends half the game moaning and complaining

Plenty of older Bears are the same and I can't really blame them considering how much standards have dropped over the past couple years

This patter is gay as fuck. If you allow the team through thick and thin through any means possible then you are a true bear.

I've never had a season ticket. It's something I just can't commit to due to financial, work and personal reasons. But I attend as many games as I can. And if you can sit there and resist the urge to punch fuck out of the guy behind you that moans like fuck for 90 mins then you're doing the club proud. :UK:

8 hours ago, Blue Blooded said:

:lol: pish

No one "defines" their support based on their loyalism,  what the fuck is that even meant to mean? I've never heard a Bear claim he was more staunch than me because he fought in the Battle of the Boyne and I didn't :lol:

But the fact is Rangers, Unionism, Ulster Loyalism and Protestant values are hand in hand and have been for generations. 

I have no Issue with Bears who don't embrace those values, but it's taig behaviour to say we should stop embracing those values just because you don't agree with them

9 hours ago, Blue Blooded said:

Just you pipe down fool