***The Official Rangers v Arbroath thread***

bluenose_72

scoreline flattered us a little IMO. didn't play particularly well, maybe because we were finally able to play all of our players and expectations were high. improvement needed. but we scored more great goals and well done to super Lee on another hattrick! :McCulloch:

Well we huffed and puffed in the first half and I was convinced we were going to lose the game especially after Arbroath got that opener, but fair play to Ally and the players, they didn't half turn it around! Little looks so much better up front that out wide, and took his goal really well.

Jig took all his goals really well today - especially the second. WHAT A HIT!

I put the last 17p in my online account on Bilel scoring anytime @12/1 - not exactly gonna make me a millionaire, but it felt good all the same! :thumbup:

I thought big Jon was good. In position all the time, making space for others, defenders not sure to attack the ball or stick with Daly. He might not of scored but he helped open up the defence and was ready for any scraps but the quality of our goals was out standing.

Agree

I thought big Jon was good. In position all the time, making space for others, defenders not sure to attack the ball or stick with Daly. He might not of scored but he helped open up the defence and was ready for any scraps but the quality of our goals was out standing.

Don't disagree about Daly's performance, but he ain't scoring too many, whilst Jig is in great scoring form and as they say '' goals are the name of the game" especially for a CF.

I hope that Ally finally gets it. Little cannot play anywhere but up front. He can be effective as a striker, but is next to useless in midfield.

Peralta was good I thought. Industrious, decent passing, solid tackling and a good engine. Considering he prefers centre mid, it's the sign of a good all round footballer that he looked comfortable wider. Some good crosses and corners too. I like the looks of him as a good all round midfielder.

Too many fans know fuck all.

All the panicking in the 1st half ffs. Its a 90 minute game.

oh big of you when we are winning .You never piped up when we were losing .As it turned out ive got 480 in the bank after that.Chelsea win and I get another 140 .After one of the worst 1st half of football .Arbroath being part time helped Ally get out of another hole .If anyone thinks we deserved to win 5-1 they weren't at the game although I'm obviously pleased with it :-)

Don't disagree about Daly's performance, but he ain't scoring too many, whilst Jig is in great scoring form and as they say '' goals are the name of the game" especially for a CF.

Daly needs to learn to attack the front post must have been 6 or 7 good early crosses into that area but Daly is standing behind the defender.

The first half was dire, Law & Macleod weren't at their best which was down to Black missing.

5-1 flattered us but it keeps the confidence going. Was pleased with the new boys but still think a few players should be in different positions.

I'd like to see Peralta playing in the middle, he has a fantastic delivery and did better than Little out wide, but he'd give us even more drive through the middle.

I'm hoping Daly doesn't become a choke in front of the big crowds at Ibrox.

Bell

MCausland McCulloch Moshni Wallace

Black

Peralta Law Macleod

Daly Little

Would probably be my choice when everyone is fully fit. Though I'd be tempted to have Jig upfront and Faure at CB.

Clark was nowhere he will have to up his game.

Yep, agreed.

Anyone else think Faure did well at RB today? I have to admit he did much better than I thought he would.

Yep, agreed. Did pretty well.

Should play Peralta at centre mid. Not wide. Little is never a winger. Faure had a better game at RB than I thought he would. We need to play a winger that has pace.

McLeod disappointed today, but he is the future.

We missed Wallace at LB.

Midfield as a whole was poor.

Some cracking goals all the same.