***The Official Rangers v Arbroath thread***

bluenose_72

I used to have an Alsatian that suffered from hip dysplasia but I've never heard of that condition before. :lol:

Caused by undeveloped Cerebellum region in the brain at birth (motor function is controlled here) due to injury/poisoning/malnutrition etc of the fetus. Can live pretty happy lives. Unlike Rangers, the condition cannot be treated, only compensated for.

Just back from the game. I really did despair watching that first half. When you compare it to the likes of the Airdrie match, in which we looked like scoring every time we went forward, it was sloppy, uninspired and nowhere near cohesive enough. I don't know if it was lack of communication or what but we gave them far too much space at times when they were breaking forward, worrying to watch.

Overall though I'm not concerned in the long run, we picked it up eventually with some well worked goals. It took far too long and we only seemed to pick up the intensity after we scored. That's ok as long as it's just an off day. I came away feeling good about the match as we had a great last quarter, if we can have an off day and still win 5-1 that's not too bad really.

Standouts today for me, first of all Nicky Law was fantastic. I've not been sure up until now but he's our best player IMO, his holding up of the ball, passing, positioning, awareness, drive and strength were all there to see today, and he seems to be a model of consistency as well.

Jig was solid and of course scored another fucking hat trick, including that incredible effort. I haven't seen footage yet but the way he hit that from where I was sitting was breathtaking.

Peralta had a good game I thought, some nervy times earlier on but you could see what he's capable of as well, he'll get better as he goes.

Mohsni was really solid I thought, seems to do some daft things here and there but he's a big strong cunt and I think he'll do a job for us. There were times when he made passes and it looked like he'd stumbled and blootered it, but it mostly went straight to a blue shirt so it must just be the way he moves!

Smith had a good game. Templeton was good too, his wee reverse pass for Little's strike was great, he had some exciting runs and turns and I seem to remember he could have scored a cracker after a great solo run.

My hotdog was good as well. By the way do they not do Irn Bru in the ground at all? My girlfriend was annoyed at that, we were in the Club Deck.

Just noticing people think law was poor today, don't see it myself. His first touch looked great, his holding up of the ball did too. <cr>

He was quiet first half, but much better 2nd when Ally teamed the tactics to allow him the freedom to go forward.

Just noticing people think law was poor today, don't see it myself. His first touch looked great, his holding up of the ball did too. <cr>

He was too deep and wasn't able to influence the game as much as he has so far this season. That was more the fault of the system than him though to be fair. He was asked to sit and dictate the tempo which isnt his game and with no natural width in the team it was hard for him to do that....I think in a 4-1-3-2 you get the best out of law as an attacking force....that all said he certainly wasn't 'bad'....

He was too deep and wasn't able to influence the game as much as he has so far this season. That was more the fault of the system than him though to be fair. He was asked to sit and dictate the tempo which isnt his game and with no natural width in the team it was hard for him to do that....I think in a 4-1-3-2 you get the best out of law as an attacking force....that all said he certainly wasn't 'bad'....

The amount of times he got the ball & made a clever pass, or won the ball, or held it up then made a pass, or skinned someone then made a pass, looked good to me. I get the point about him being better deployed elsewhere though.

Went with my mum today, worst idea ever.

She spent the first 15mins watching the broomie front. Then every 5minutes asking "Whos that?" "Who just scored?"

She then ended up like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGk_skwxYHM

The game. Pretty poor first half, 2nd half much improved. Templeton provided us with that wee bit of extra we needed imo.

The proverbial "game of two halves". The only thing Bell had to do was watch the ball sail into the top corner. Mohsni reminds me a bit of Boughy in that he looks a better option bombing forward than he does defensively. Was impressed with him. Clark had a stinker, Daly's day wasn't much better. Peralta seems to be one for theatrics, a few times he went down and I thought he was seriously injured, saying that he looks a good player. McCulloch, back to back hat-tricks whilst playing in defence, kudos Jig! Cant wait until we start playing well on a regular basis for 90 mins rather than just a half! Saying that its been a very good start to the league campaign, let it continue!!

The reason Law wasn't as effective today was because we didn't have Ian Black,we didn't have a midfield destroyer so Law instead played as a sort of deep-lying playmaker.He wasn't used to this position and couldn't link up with the forwards as well or he could leave space behind him,this im-balance also made Lewis Mcleod's job more difficult and led to him having an average game.

The reason Law wasn't as effective today was because we didn't have Ian Black,we didn't have a midfield destroyer so Law instead played as a sort of deep-lying playmaker.He wasn't used to this position and couldn't link up with the forwards as well or he could leave space behind him,this im-balance also made Lewis Mcleod's job more difficult and led to him having an average game.

Speak up, sonny!

deafvg9.th.jpg

If ally persists with playing players out of position on Tuesday we will get put out cup.

Little at left wing and Nicky Clark in the hole behind Daly were absolutely ridiculous decisions.

Yes, they were not the best of ideas. Especially Little. It's taking too long for Ally to see that Little is a striker, and a striker alone.