Ian Black Given 3 Match Ban (7 Suspended) & £7.5k Fine

bluenose_72

The problem with sportsman/officials batting on anything is always going to be contentious in the sense that it leaves them open to corruption. Let's say a player or official runs up a £500,000 tab from betting on the horses, though he hasn't been betting on football the opportunity is there for a bookie to pressure him into doing something in return for having the debt wiped.

Yes, I can see where your coming from mate, totally

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think immediate 3 match ban with 7 suspended is quite fair If I'm honest...

However ....

This opens up a massive can of worms. I expect SFA to go after others who's been as stupid.

I think pleading guilty helped his case.

Wouldn't hold my breath.

This wouldn't have happened if he was still at Hearts. We know the real reason he's been outed for betting.

Not everything is a big conspiracy mate.

If Black has admitted to betting against his own team, then the SFA are in the right for charging him. This is not acceptable.

While I can't actually disagree and tell the people wanting Black sacked that they are wrong, I don't think it's as black and white as that.

One thing I've learned from this is that there's a difference between betting on your team not to win and throwing matches. The game in question Black actually scored and played well.

Plus I've been told it was handicap betting, which muddies the waters a bit more but also doesn't make it seem as bad (to me personally)

The club should toe his baws for being so stupid and of course fine him 3 weeks wages for the 3 games he can't play for us - then hopefully we can move on.

I think those that want him sacked just don't want him playing for us, the one game that involved us whilst playing for us he actually scored the goal which made him lose the bet, I'm guessing from that he was more interested in us getting the points than winning a bet.

Ok now that's sorted lets sort the rest of Scottish football our rather than single one footballer out of 1000s that bet. It only fair??He bet against us I bet against us ffs last season because the odds where good if I won, opps that makes me not a real Rangers supporter, some people need to get a grip and stop using their own agenda to get rid of him because they don't or never like IB

Very decent result for Black. Admitting his guilt must surely have helped. I would like SFA to go after others, but I won't hold my breath!

I honestly dont imagine there are many players out there who will bet against their own team. This is an incredibly stupid thing to do.

Many might have a wee punt every now and then, and the SFA probably turn a blind eye to this. Betting against a team you play for is a different matter.