Ian Black Given 3 Match Ban (7 Suspended) & £7.5k Fine

bluenose_72

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Gordon Taylor and Ian Black are comparable tp be honest, while Taylor ran up huge debts betting on horses he didn't bet against his own team in at least one match he participated in, you start to flirt with match fixing when you do that.

Now its been made clear there has been no suggestion of match fixing which is a glimmer of light but when you bet against yourself in games you're involved in you leave yourself open to all kinds of inveatigations and accusations and rightly so, surely no Rangers fan can be happy that he thought he could possibly make money out of us losing, most fans who go to games aren't loaded and often make sacrifices to follow the club everywhere, to think that one of the players we pay to watch could have bet against us in a match he played doesn't sit right

The problem with sportsman/officials batting on anything is always going to be contentious in the sense that it leaves them open to corruption. Let's say a player or official runs up a £500,000 tab from betting on the horses, though he hasn't been betting on football the opportunity is there for a bookie to pressure him into doing something in return for having the debt wiped.

Sounds like a fair punishment to me in all honesty, also gives Peralta a chance to establish himself in our midfield and show what he can do. I just hope the SFA do investigate the allegations of other players betting on football matches and stop hiding behind the, we haven't got any evidence crap which they've been hiding behind recently.

panel decision in full

A Disciplinary Tribunal convened today in accordance with the Judicial Panel Protocol to consider the following case:

Alleged Party in Breach: Ian Black, Rangers FC

Dates: 4th March 2006 to 28th July 2013

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 22 (Season 2012/13 and preceding Rules and Articles):

(1) By betting on three football matches on then-registered club not to win.

(2) By betting on a further 10 football matches that involved then-registered club.

(3) By betting on a further 147 football matches.

Outcome: Admitted

Sanctions: (1 & 2) 10 match suspension. Three match suspension to be served immediately, seven matches suspended until the end of season 2013/14 to take effect upon any breach of rules 22 or 23. (3) Censure.

Disciplinary Rule 22 (Rule 33 in updated Judicial Panel Protocol for season 2013/14): No club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bet in any way on a football match (except authorised and registered football pools).

Please note that there is no evidence to suggest any breach of Disciplinary Rule 23 (Rule 34 in updated Judicial Panel Protocol for season 2013/14).

Disciplinary Rule 23, for reference: No club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall knowingly behave in a manner, during or in connection with a match in which the party has participated or has any influence, either direct or indirect, which could give rise to an event in which they or any third party benefits financially through betting.

Don't get what you's mean by 7 of the games are suspended? How does that work?

It means the 7 will get added on if he breaches the SFA's rules again. He's only suspended for 3 now. If he doesn't do anything wrong, the 7 game suspended ban will get dropped at the end of the season.

Sniff...snifff

Feck right off, your 1st paragraph is a fecking disgrace!!!!

How any Rangers fan can think/write that is beyond me.

feckin match-fixing.....surprised you didn't use 'financial doping' & 'sporting integrity' too.

He is innocent until proven guilty.

His 'alledged' betting was ignored by both Ladbrokes and the SFA for six years, until he signed for Rangers.

This is just another bhigoted, aghenda driven attack on our club, nothing more...nothing less.

ffs...The goalie said that when he played for Scotland that the SFA ran to the bookies with his bets for him....two faced, double standards, corrupt bastards!!!

I made it clear that everyone was quick to make it clear he WASN'T match fixing but ypu choose not to include that bit!

I'm sorry but when you bet against your own team in a match you're involved in you do leave yourself open to those kind of accusations, tell me you can understand that without the hyperbole shite?

Apparently he admitted to betting on Rangers not to win.

Not to win isn't exactly the same as betting on us to lose though, I'm not a betting man and don't know much about it but I remember somebody talking about a accumulator or something and how Black could of stuck us on for a draw to complete it? Or am I talking shite lol but it could be something like that rather that him betting on us to lose hopefully we will get details soon and we will know one way or another

Good result for black. Assume gers will fine him too as he shouldnt get paid for when banned due to his actions.

Imagine this will be the warning to all other footballers about not betting.

Doubt any other non ranger will ever be similarly charged.