Ian Black Given 3 Match Ban (7 Suspended) & £7.5k Fine

bluenose_72

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally feel that it has feck all to do with whether he was winning or losing....

Unless of course, by pure coincidence, he was losing regularly for 6 years before signing for Rangers and starting winning only over the last year or so.

If he played for any othe club it would not be an issue imho.

Quite possibly however you have to put it into context, the profile aasociated with playing for Rangers is 100 times that of playing for Hearts and a 1000 times that of playing for ICT so if anything he was just another Mr Ian Black but since he became a Bear that very name suddenly becomes well known.

There could be something more sinister behind it tho, end of the day if he has bet against us then I dont care how this was highlighted, if one of our own bets against us I want him punished, I hope everyone would

I don't have a problem with players betting on their own team to win but any other bet could be a bit dodgy. If Ian Black has bet on us to lose while playing for us he should hang his head in shame and he should be shown the door. We cannot afford to allow one of our most seasoned and highest paid players to remain at the club if he has done that. Im not sure how exactly contracts are worded or anything like that and am not sure if he would just be sacked or would have to be paid off. If as we suspect there are many more players at many other clubs who have been betting let us establish the high ground from the off and let it be known that WE WILL SACK ANY OF OUR PLAYERS IF THEY BET AGAINST US. ....

When's a verdict due on this?

Feck knows mate, they usually try and time it to cause Rangers maximum damage and give us as little time as possible to respond, so my guess would be either 5 minutes before Radio Clyde phone starts on LIVE whilst Reporting Scotland is on BBC Scotland.

If thats the case thats the case, lets not allow it to distract from the real issue though, if he did bet against us he deserves his baws booted

If Educator has remembered correctly, and it does bring back a faint memory for me, he did bet that we would draw a game and it was Black himself who scored the goal which caused him to lose the bet. Think that shows that he was more interested in us winning the game than winning a bet.

That's pretty precise information you've posted there mate

As MaddistonKnight says it was in some of the earlier posts and I think it was mentioned in some of the prog's on the radio. If is correct I can't understand why Ladbrokes would suddenly run to the SFA now if they had proof that he bet against his team while at two other clubs during a six year period. It has been rumoured that the most he bet was around £5 and the most he won was in the region of £250, hardly earth shattering amounts when you consider the chap Taylor who I think is with the English PFU is reputed to have run up a six figure bill with a bookie for betting on the horses.

Feck knows mate, they usually try and time it to cause Rangers maximum damage and give us as little time as possible to respond, so my guess would be either 5 minutes before Radio Clyde phone starts on LIVE whilst Reporting Scotland is on BBC Scotland.

yeah that's a safe bet

That would be my expectation as well, unless he is found not guilty in which case they'll issue statement at about 10pm tonight which will be ignored by the Mhedia.

As MaddistonKnight says it was in some of the earlier posts and I think it was mentioned in some of the prog's on the radio. If is correct I can't understand why Ladbrokes would suddenly run to the SFA now if they had proof that he bet against his team while at two other clubs during a six year period. It has been rumoured that the most he bet was around £5 and the most he won was in the region of £250, hardly earth shattering amounts when you consider the chap Taylor who I think is with the English PFU is reputed to have run up a six figure bill with a bookie for betting on the horses.

I don't think Gordon Taylor and Ian Black are comparable tp be honest, while Taylor ran up huge debts betting on horses he didn't bet against his own team in at least one match he participated in, you start to flirt with match fixing when you do that.

Now its been made clear there has been no suggestion of match fixing which is a glimmer of light but when you bet against yourself in games you're involved in you leave yourself open to all kinds of inveatigations and accusations and rightly so, surely no Rangers fan can be happy that he thought he could possibly make money out of us losing, most fans who go to games aren't loaded and often make sacrifices to follow the club everywhere, to think that one of the players we pay to watch could have bet against us in a match he played doesn't sit right

Most human beings wouldn't like that.....

He will get a small fine....the SFA cannot afford to go to town on black, especially when their case can be ripped to shreds by any decent lawyer. Also if the do charge black then they will be under tremendous pressure to charge every single player who had ever made a bet on any football game, which they won't do.

Lots of players have bet on football games, which is against the rules. But how many players have bet on their own team to lose a match? That in my view is much worse.

I don't think Gordon Taylor and Ian Black are comparable tp be honest ....he didn't bet against his own team in at least one match he participated in, you start to flirt with match fixing when you do that.

Sniff...snifff

Feck right off, your 1st paragraph is a fecking disgrace!!!!

How any Rangers fan can think/write that is beyond me.

feckin match-fixing.....surprised you didn't use 'financial doping' & 'sporting integrity' too.

He is innocent until proven guilty.

His 'alledged' betting was ignored by both Ladbrokes and the SFA for six years, until he signed for Rangers.

This is just another bhigoted, aghenda driven attack on our club, nothing more...nothing less.

ffs...The goalie said that when he played for Scotland that the SFA ran to the bookies with his bets for him....two faced, double standards, corrupt bastards!!!