Ian Black Given 3 Match Ban (7 Suspended) & £7.5k Fine

bluenose_72

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not buying into the media twist at all, if he broke the rules he deserves to be punished, it's as simple as that. Lawyers can't do jack if it's the rules.

You clearly are....your previous post was quite clear that you think someone who bets on their own team should be punished more severly than someone making a bet in another league....that is not true and is contray to the SFA's own rules...the media are focussing on the 3 games he allegedly bet against his own team but under SFA rules that is no more or less of an issue than any other bet.

I fear the worst for him. It was a stupid thing to do in the first place. How hard is it to give your misses/mate/anyone some cash and they put a bet on for you?

Go around the rules, save all the hassle and you still get to stick a coupon on.

I think he'll get at least 5 games and a ban. Self inflicted stupidity.

10 year ban for Black, 36 month transfer embargo for Rangers. Sporting integrity demands it.

I assume attempts will be made to strip any/all trophies won by his current club i.e. Rangers over the entire period of 7 years when he committed these grossly unsporting acts.

Obviously, in the interests of sporting integrity.

If he is found guilty of betting for us to lose, he HAS to be sacked.

Maybe it's just me but i disagree with this. I don't think there is any doubting his commitment and effort with us. Yes he has made a mistake, but I can separate the two things and I don't think there is any question of match fixing.

Maybe it's just me but i disagree with this. I don't think there is any doubting his commitment and effort with us. Yes he has made a mistake, but I can separate the two things and I don't think there is any question of match fixing.

I am of the same opinion, so you are not alone.

Rangers must believe whatever he has told them....

had it been proven he had bet against us he would be off by now...

That said I fully expect the SFA to give him 100 lashes in George Square and an 8 year ban

Rangers will also be fined an amount to be determined by what ever cash the sfa are short of.

The talk that had been in the press about people wanting clarity on the betting rules are clutching at straws, they are pretty clear, no footballer is allowed to bet on football matches simples. If there is clear evidence that he has been betting on football matches then he will need to be punished, not going to go into the severity of possible punishments as at this moment in time that is irrelevant. What has really annoyed me is the SFA's previous comment when this was first leaked to the press is their attitude saying that Black is the only player in all of Scotland that they have evidence on for betting on football matches.

Rangers must believe whatever he has told them....

had it been proven he had bet against us he would be off by now...

That said I fully expect the SFA to give him 100 lashes in George Square and an 8 year ban

Rangers will also be fined an amount to be determined by what ever cash the sfa are short of.

I'm not sure what proof either way the club could get their hands on?

They will be waiting for result of the SFA hearing.

Is it possible we will take the opportunity to get him off the books should he be guilty?

I'm not sure what proof either way the club could get their hands on?

They will be waiting for result of the SFA hearing.

Is it possible we will take the opportunity to get him off the books should he be guilty?

If we didnt believe his version of events we would have suspended him I suspect we will support him no matter what the sfa say or do

If he bet on Rangers to lose whilst a Rangers player I really don't know how he can stay at the club, the trust od the manager, his team mates and the fans would be breached beyond repair in my opinion.

As I said earlier though if he is found guilty of betting against his own club in a game he took part in then anything other than a lengthy ban would be surprising.

I've got no issue with footballers having a punt, I've not even got an issue with footballers using their position to get info on games they might fancy a bet on, but betting against your own team sucks and betting against yourself while you're playing is unforgiveable

All of the posts that mention that Rangers might receive a punishment, this will not and cannot happen, the period being investigated for football gambling was before he even signed for Rangers therefore there is no punishment that can be placed on Rangers.

Tongue firmly in cheek with those posts mate