Why do other Scottish Football fans hate us?

LucyBlue

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm mystified by some posters. It seems that they have only become aware of this hatred in the last year!

Remember 2008 and the UEFA cup run? It was a scandal how little support we received to have the season extended.

Anyway as the old song goes - no one likes us WE DON'T CARE!

I can take jealousy.

I can take some pent-up anti-Rangers aggression from Tic fans.

Oh I have my own ideas....bitterness, jealousy, an imposed hatred from birth from some....

But I've read online blogs from Hearts to Raith.....

THEY HATE US.

That makes me hate them....I fucking hate them....

But...deep down....why the fuck do they hate us?

I was born and bred a Bear in Falkirk over forty years ago. I'm still in touch with many Falkirk supporters and I know that they do not

hate Rangers. Falkirk is a Rangers town. Only using my experience as an example. :)

The keyboard warriors on that filthy oneF forum ( all 100 of them ) that's another matter! Not popular or in the habit of revealing

themselves in 'real life' . Sad wankers indeed...........

I find their hatred delicious, it's a perk of being a Rangers fan.

We play such a big part in their footballing lives. But apart from celtic perhaps, they mean absolutely fuck all in ours... I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating that must be for them :lol:

Absolutely 100% agree.

Great post.

There are probably a few reasons,

We have angry and obsessed folk posting their ire on the internet regularly.

A lot of folk think they speak for a majority, which is nonsense. RM posters are some of the most outspoken and think they represent all Bears opinion. They don't.

The list is endless. Some folk just do not know when to shut the fuck up.

Jealousy. Also probably the fact that many people from their towns, wherever that may be, follow Rangers when they should be following their team - they probably feel we've siphoned fans and therefore resources away from them in that sense. Also the propaganda. It's widely asserted by all media these days that we're all knuckle dragging bigots. Combination of factors I would say.

What everyone else said...and because our female fans are so much more literate, clever and beautiful than theirs. :)

There was a thread a while back on Rangers Babes. Checked it out in detail for the sexism and was apalled. Not a hand wringer though...

A lot of folk think they speak for a majority, which is nonsense. RM posters are some of the most outspoken and think they represent all Bears opinion. They don't.

That's a tad controversial on the RM site perhaps, but you know how to make mates easily.

I can understand the hatred from the fans of smaller clubs, it's only natural really when you think about it, for a start usually fans from smaller clubs come from the local vicinity and have a real affinity with their local club and I personally aplaud them for that, they obviously look upon us as simply glory hunters and certainly in the 80's they were justified in their thinking as 10's of 1,000's dissapeared from Ibrox, they also get pissed off when they rear a youngster and either us or the other lot come along a take them from under their noses, I know that this is the way of things but if I were a fan of one of those clubs I'd be pissed as well, so when the oppertunity came along for them to put the boot into us, hand on heart, can anyone of us say we are shocked, I'm certainly not, even the level of hatred does not surprise me.

Yet, strangely. We still had the largest average league attendance during those so called non-prolific years.What does that say about the support at every other club in Scotland? I mean EVERY other club. Tells you, even when we are not so successful, that it is still all about the Rangers and not one club has the fan base or loyalty that we have.

Jealousy. Plain and simple.

Let's be honest, we are arrogant. During the 90's and beyond we lorded it over everyone letting them know how inferior they were and now, well, we're getting the backlash of that attitude.

I'm just as arrogant. Wherever The Rangers play is the top league.

Every other Club in Scotland is a diddy Club.

Jealousy. Plain and simple.

Let's be honest, we are arrogant. During the 90's and beyond we lorded it over everyone letting them know how inferior they were and now, well, we're getting the backlash of that attitude.

You need to get out more if you think that is the only reason.

Good to see another banned member out himself

You need to get out more if you think that is the only reason.

It's not the only reason, of course, but I would guess it's the main reason for the majority. Bigotry, sectarianism and socio-political factors may come into it for the minority - and for a special group a perfect storm of all four - but it is a minority.