Why do other Scottish Football fans hate us?

LucyBlue

I can take jealousy.

I can take some pent-up anti-Rangers aggression from Tic fans.

Oh I have my own ideas....bitterness, jealousy, an imposed hatred from birth from some....

But I've read online blogs from Hearts to Raith.....

THEY HATE US.

That makes me hate them....I fucking hate them....

But...deep down....why the fuck do they hate us?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find their hatred delicious, it's a perk of being a Rangers fan.

We play such a big part in their footballing lives. But apart from celtic perhaps, they mean absolutely fuck all in ours... I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating that must be for them :lol:

I can take jealousy.

I can take some pent-up anti-Rangers aggression from Tic fans.

Oh I have my own ideas....bitterness, jealousy, an imposed hatred from birth from some....

But I've read online blogs from Hearts to Raith.....

THEY HATE US.

That makes me hate them....I fucking hate them....

But...deep down....why the fuck do they hate us?

It's football - it's tribal - and hate is just to strong a word.

Everybody in England hates Man Utd, it's just the way it is.

I'd support Man U in Europe because they're (kind of) English and any English club winning is good for English football, and many others would do the same - and then hate them again the next week. Would other Scottish fans do the same for Rangers? If not maybe it goes a bit more than just plain jealousy, although that's a large part of it.

I can understand the hatred from the fans of smaller clubs, it's only natural really when you think about it, for a start usually fans from smaller clubs come from the local vicinity and have a real affinity with their local club and I personally aplaud them for that, they obviously look upon us as simply glory hunters and certainly in the 80's they were justified in their thinking as 10's of 1,000's dissapeared from Ibrox, they also get pissed off when they rear a youngster and either us or the other lot come along a take them from under their noses, I know that this is the way of things but if I were a fan of one of those clubs I'd be pissed as well, so when the oppertunity came along for them to put the boot into us, hand on heart, can anyone of us say we are shocked, I'm certainly not, even the level of hatred does not surprise me.

I can understand the hatred from the fans of smaller clubs, it's only natural really when you think about it, for a start usually fans from smaller clubs come from the local vicinity and have a real affinity with their local club and I personally aplaud them for that, they obviously look upon us as simply glory hunters and certainly in the 80's they were justified in their thinking as 10's of 1,000's dissapeared from Ibrox, they also get pissed off when they rear a youngster and either us or the other lot come along a take them from under their noses, I know that this is the way of things but if I were a fan of one of those clubs I'd be pissed as well, so when the oppertunity came along for them to put the boot into us, hand on heart, can anyone of us say we are shocked, I'm certainly not, even the level of hatred does not surprise me.

:shifty: