Cammy Bell

Young Bob

Is he a very static keeper in that he will not come off his line to attempt to take or clear a cross ball? He hasn't had much to do since getting into the team but I had noticed this a couple of times in the past and watching yesterdays highlights I saw it again.

Talking of keepers I heard that Gallacher had another good performance for Airdrie yesterday.

I was wondering how long it would take for a thread like this.

We haven't seen much of him for us because we have been trouncing teams, but I have got to admit he does look a bit static and a wee but slow to react.

Guess we will find put when we are up against a lot harder oppostion. Perhaps, that is why we brought in Simonsen..

Think its a bit harsh to blame bell for any of the goals yesterday, especially the 1st....it was a fizzed in ball and someone had to go and attack it at the near post (sometimes an issue having everyone back for corners) plus Crawford let his man run off him!

The free kick was his side but was hit very well and he just took a step to cover the other side....a case could be made for him being at fault there but better keepers than bell have been caught out with a free kick like that trying to cover all angles!

Hard to blame Bell at corners. There are so many Rangers players in the box it's like trying to squeeze on to an underground train during the London rush-hour. An overcrowded box favours no one & the more players we have back, the more players the opposition can push forward.

Third goal, Bell looked as if he was diving in slow-mo.

I can remember a few bad games from good goalies. Klos on the 6-2 game. Mcgregor conceded 4 on 2 occasions vs hearts and motherwell. Plus a few clangers in games. But if joe hart gets criticism then so will every goalie

Joe hart is over rated your point on Klos and McGregor is correct though.

Goram, Klos and McGregor would not come off their line, modern keeper coaching it seems

Goram commanded his 6 yard box with more authority than the rest mentioned and more than he is generally given credit for.

Too early to tell with Bell what his strengths and weaknesses are, he doesn't see enough action.

Is he a very static keeper in that he will not come off his line to attempt to take or clear a cross ball? He hasn't had much to do since getting into the team but I had noticed this a couple of times in the past and watching yesterdays highlights I saw it again.

Talking of keepers I heard that Gallacher had another good performance for Airdrie yesterday.

Agree with this. Having watched Rangers home and away this season I have noticed Bell's lack of confidence in coming out for balls even in his 6 yard box. He lacks the ability to command the area and personally I think he is a bit too small. Gallacher was better than Bell from what I saw of him before he went out on loan.