Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

23 hours ago, The Monk said:

Normally I dont really play many single players anymore just due to a lack of time really but I ended up spending 12 hours over the bank holiday weekend on TLOU2 😂

I'm even counting down the hours in the day until I get to go on it again tonight as childish as it sounds.

The games are amazing. I've been playing Part 2 for what feels like months now. The length is huge. No spoilers but when you think the game isn't far away from finishing you are actually only about half-way through and it hits you with much more content. It almost feels like they've put a part 2 and a part 3 in to the same game. 

Just finished TLOU2 last night, I know it’s been out years but thought I’d still use spoiler tags

I know a lot of people have issued with some of the pacing and some of the elements in the story but I don’t think I’ve ever played a video game with so much emotional impact as that, genuinely feel like I have a hole in my life now it’s over after spending a few weeks on both games

:lol:

Actually had a lump in my throat as well when Ellie played Take On Me on the guitar and then also during her final scene with Joel at the end in which she told him she’d like to try and forgive him.

I have to admit, I wasn’t overly keen on Abby’s section and the length of it but I get why they did it and that the point was to initially hate her and then later empathise with her albeit I couldn’t wait to go back to playing as Ellie towards the end of Abby’s section. Felt sick to death of going back to that Aquarium. In saying that though, from a neutral point of view Abby’s section probably had more interesting set pieces, I just didn’t care too much for her.

Surely there has to be a third one in the future, especially considering the success of the TV show? I know there is a sense of resolution in Ellie’s story as whilst she is still heartbroken by Joel’s death, she has accepted it and that revenge is the wrong path that only leads to a continued cycle of violence and more heartbreak. However, I feel like her story isn’t fully over and that she still needs to find her place in the world so to speak and repair some of the relationships broken by the end of the second game.

For me personally though, I would hate if the 3rd game revolved around Abby and Lev. 

1 hour ago, The Monk said:

Just finished TLOU2 last night, I know it’s been out years but thought I’d still use spoiler tags

Reveal hidden contents

I know a lot of people have issued with some of the pacing and some of the elements in the story but I don’t think I’ve ever played a video game with so much emotional impact as that, genuinely feel like I have a hole in my life now it’s over after spending a few weeks on both games

:lol:

Actually had a lump in my throat as well when Ellie played Take On Me on the guitar and then also during her final scene with Joel at the end in which she told him she’d like to try and forgive him.

I have to admit, I wasn’t overly keen on Abby’s section and the length of it but I get why they did it and that the point was to initially hate her and then later empathise with her albeit I couldn’t wait to go back to playing as Ellie towards the end of Abby’s section. Felt sick to death of going back to that Aquarium. In saying that though, from a neutral point of view Abby’s section probably had more interesting set pieces, I just didn’t care too much for her.

Surely there has to be a third one in the future, especially considering the success of the TV show? I know there is a sense of resolution in Ellie’s story as whilst she is still heartbroken by Joel’s death, she has accepted it and that revenge is the wrong path that only leads to a continued cycle of violence and more heartbreak. However, I feel like her story isn’t fully over and that she still needs to find her place in the world so to speak and repair some of the relationships broken by the end of the second game.

For me personally though, I would hate if the 3rd game revolved around Abby and Lev. 

Started the TLOU1 yesterday for the first time.

Never thought I'd like it hence why I never played it, but it's pretty good so far.

On 13/05/2023 at 13:42, Somemightsay7 said:

Started the TLOU1 yesterday for the first time.

Never thought I'd like it hence why I never played it, but it's pretty good so far.

Same I only played them over the last couple of years, and both are class albeit Part 2 is a hard play at one point.

Up there with RDR2 and MGS for games. 

56 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

“Inside” on game pass is great fun. Quick little puzzle game with a great atmosphere. Think it probably took me about five hours and I’m awful at games. 

Aye that was decent actually, from the makers of the game Limbo I think. 

• 2 weeks later...

completed Star Wars: Jedi Survivor, really good game, by the end you’re kinda wanting it to end at the same time.

A more advanced and better looking Fallen Order, if you enjoyed that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Been playing Bops2. Fuck me, am I rotten now. Full of hackers these days as well, ended up reporting one or two last night I was that pissed off :lol: 

Turn off crossplay if you can, the old cods have pc players that can get your account perma banned, cunts are raging about it the now lol

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Turn off crossplay if you can, the old cods have pc players that can get your account perma banned, cunts are raging about it the now lol

They were sticking to TDM for the most part until the night, must’ve been an average of every second game was hacked, pain in the arse

Lads anyone on here interested in a ps5 digital edition?

since the wee yin has got here and some other stuff that’s going on, my time on the computer has culminated in 4 hours or so since March.

I’ll go the eBay route if nobody on here is looking but would rather offer it out here.

it’s pish but I literally don’t have the time for it and it’s an expensive ornament just sitting there :lol:

finished Remnant 2, reviews of this were generous in hindsight although it was pretty good like the first ‘from the ashes’ but a bit buggy at the same time and not big enough. Some achievements not unlocking etc.

10 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Lads anyone on here interested in a ps5 digital edition?

since the wee yin has got here and some other stuff that’s going on, my time on the computer has culminated in 4 hours or so since March.

I’ll go the eBay route if nobody on here is looking but would rather offer it out here.

it’s pish but I literally don’t have the time for it and it’s an expensive ornament just sitting there :lol:

I've had mine on about 5 times in 6 month 😆