Lewis Macleod

Does anyone else think his performances have dropped a bit since he's been moved out wide? I don't think it really suits his style of play. For example against Airdrie I felt he wasn't really involved in the play a lot and he's always looking to cut inside when out wide, the defender knows he's not going to skin him down the line and put a cross in. Felt we looked better when Templeton came on down the left, gave us more of an attacking threat and he linked up well with Wallace. Would have preferred Macleod playing the role Hutton did on Friday night as I feel this would suit his style of play more. We do have real competition for places now though.

On a seperate note does anyone know what is happening with Perry, Hegarty and Cribari? Pity McCoist couldn't have loaned or sold them in the summer to help reduce the wage bill.

Don't understand what Ally is doing with him to be honest. If Lewis is too important to drop out of the team then he should be playing CM. It is that simple. He is basically useless out wide so shouldn't be playing there. Either drop him and play a winger or play him where he is best and that's in CM.

Wasting him out wide and hampering the team at the same time.

.. Or people cod listen to what the manager had to say about how he was deliberately playing a narrow midfield and that he was not using wide ayers because of that - so Lewis is playing on the left of a narrow mid field not as a winger.

Also he is young and one of the generalisations of youth is there inconsistency - but he is getting game time - developing and like some others in the squad will have to wAit to get his preferred position

To be fair he is playing left of centre, not left mid! The formation ally wants to play involves a narrow midfield with emphasis on Wallace and foster providing the width....Friday night was the first time we got any result from that down the right.

I agree, we aren't getting anywhere near as much out of him out there.

I'd much rather we use CMs in competition with each other rather than stifle width by accomodating them there.

McKay, Temps etc should be competing for the wider positions, likewise Black, Peralta, Macleod for the central positions.

From POTY last season to fairly average this season. From CM to wide / wider than last year.

Black and Law have been good so far this season, but would love to see Lewis get back to a more central position.

Think he'd pick up the form hes capable of.

Would play Lewis and Law centrally, with Black behind and Temps in front just behind forward 2. Width from attacking full backs Wallace and Arnie.

I agree, we aren't getting anywhere near as much out of him out there.

I'd much rather we use CMs in competition with each other rather than stifle width by accomodating them there.

McKay, Temps etc should be competing for the wider positions, likewise Black, Peralta, Macleod for the central positions.

I agree but our manager seems to have decided against attacking wide players and like his mentor will be using one full back to create width: a policy which,to me, seems completely out of place in this division where the opposition will be sitting back defending most of the time. Narrowing the midfield is a more defensive ploy as far as I am concerned.

McKay, Templeton, Aird and Shiels are the only natural wide men we have in the squad.

If Wallace and Foster are supposed to provide the width then Foster has hardly crossed the halfway line this season so this is not going to happen.

We also might be in for a big shock next season if we continue to play the way we do.

Think some of the comments on Lewis have been a bit harsh on here. I do think he's better right through the middle but he was one of our best players in August and September playing in the left of centre, AMLC or whatever you want to call it. I wouldn't be overly critical of Lewis's performance in past few weeks other than he looks a bit jaded between playing most of the available minutes since the start of the season on top of international duty. For either Dunfermline or Airdrie I would bench him and bring him on just to give him a chance to freshen up a bit. He is still performing more consistently than most of the boys his age in Scotland and it would speak volumes of our new signings if Lewis was head and shoulders above them.

I may be the only one to think so, but I`m happy enough with him being played on the left of a mid 4.

He is the youngest of the mids and has the ability to adapt to that position given time. He`s a brilliant prospect and I don`t think it will harm him to play in the position for a while, certainly better than sitting on the bench as is probably the other option.

He`s an intelligent kid there is absolutely no reason he can`t learn to adapt his skillset & it`ll be a tremendous benefit for him to get as much experience as possible so early in his career.

Would I prefer to see him in his natural position? Yes.

Would I drop either of NL/IB to play him? Not so certain.

I guess I`m just happy to see the lad fit and playing in a winning team.

Don't understand what Ally is doing with him to be honest. If Lewis is too important to drop out of the team then he should be playing CM. It is that simple. He is basically useless out wide so shouldn't be playing there. Either drop him and play a winger or play him where he is best and that's in CM.

Wasting him out wide and hampering the team at the same time.

He's got to accommodate his favorites. Foster should be dropped ASAP with petula back there. When played in his correct position he is our best midfielder. If Ally carries on he will ruin him .