McCoist: No-one there for me

Brightside

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need to be buying players in the Jan. transfer window, in fact since Ally did so well in getting the players we now have playing for us together free, maybe that's the route we should be going down, until we're back at the top table.

Just a thought, maybe not one of my best thoughts, but it is just that, a thought!

We don't need to buy in the Jan window and the way things are going we probably won't. But anybody who says we shouldn't strengthen the squad has very suspicious motives in my book, we had a 12 month embargo that laid a heavy burden on the young lads that kicked of against Brechin what seems like a lifetime ago, should we now impose a self made embargo to satisfy a faction of fans that seem to have one role in this, running down our Manager.

Okay some serious questions:

Do you think everything is now sorted at Rangers No, and Ally can concentrate on football? Not fully until the boardroom is sorted

Do you think managing Rangers is an easy job? No, I think some EPL teams would be easier

Do you think because we are playing in a lower league that managing a club like Rangers becomes easy? No, worse actually, building a squad and unrealistic expectations from highly critical fans

Do you think that the man who manages Rangers can operate easily without support from the board? NO

Do you think that we can get a better manager than McCoist for a lower wage? Unsure, would need to compare them against McCoist.

Do you think McCoist is overpaid? No, we are not a easy club to manage, we have mountains of baggage that the manager has always got to be aware of, he is in the biggest hitting football job in Scotland and we need a diplomatic man in charge or we end up looking petty and spiteful. We are not a cheapskate club- if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Do you think McCoist has no pressure on him? Awkward phrasing of question. McCoist has lots of pressure on him.

Good questions

Good questions

"Do you think McCoist has no pressure on him?" There are maybe some Managers who would feel no pressure in this job, but they ain't Ally McCoist and its safe to say they ain't Rangers Fans, fuck I'm a Rangers fan and I am still feeling the pressure.

"Do you think McCoist has no pressure on him?" There are maybe some Managers who would feel no pressure in this job, but they ain't Ally McCoist and its safe to say they ain't Rangers Fans, fuck I'm a Rangers fan and I am still feeling the pressure.

Bear in mind that question was aimed at those on this thread who pretty much said that he has no pressure on him. Hard as it is to believe, people think Ally has it easy

Bear in mind that question was aimed at those on this thread who pretty much said that he has no pressure on him. Hard as it is to believe, people think Ally has it easy

Yes mate realised that. :thumbup:

What these people need to do is cast their minds back to the 140 years of proud unbroken history that characterises this great Club, that is sitting on Allys shoulders right now, in 100 years time will this be seen as a dark time of failure, or the start off successful times.

I doubt very much if people actually think there is no pressure on Ally but I do think there isn't as much as some people think. All this "poor Ally" stuff does my head in. Ally is no "shrinking violet" and is more than capable of handling the pressure. £750k per annum helped to handle pressure as do his two assistants. There is pressure on every manager but it is greater on some than on others. There will be a bit more pressure on him next season and more on the first season back. There is far more pressure on the managers of say Killie or St Mirren.

I doubt very much if people actually think there is no pressure on Ally but I do think there isn't as much as some people think. All this "poor Ally" stuff does my head in. Ally is no "shrinking violet" and is more than capable of handling the pressure. £750k per annum helped to handle pressure as do his two assistants. There is pressure on every manager but it is greater on some than on others. There will be a bit more pressure on him next season and more on the first season back. There is far more pressure on the managers of say Killie or St Mirren.

Managing Rangers has a massive, massive amount of pressure with it at all times, even more so when the club is dysfunctional and we have a long way to go to rebuild get back to the top.

The fact that we are in a lower league with a lower standard of opposition DOES NOT tell the whole story.

With uncertainty and complete lack of stability behind the scenes, Ally is more than just a manager just now, he has more to think about than on the park.

For christ sake all he said was it's shit not having a good solid board structure and a chairman he can go to, that must be hard for any manager. For the manager of a club like Rangers it will be extremely hard.

Edit: by the way, someone on this thread did actually say "Ally doesn't have to bear any weight", then something about playing part timers. That's why I addressed that idiotic sentiment

Managing Rangers has a massive, massive amount of pressure with it at all times, even more so when the club is dysfunctional and we have a long way to go to rebuild get back to the top.

The fact that we are in a lower league with a lower standard of opposition DOES NOT tell the whole story.

With uncertainty and complete lack of stability behind the scenes, Ally is more than just a manager just now, he has more to think about than on the park.

For christ sake all he said was it's shit not having a good solid board structure and a chairman he can go to, that must be hard for any manager. For the manager of a club like Rangers it will be extremely hard.

Wholly accurate and sensible goat has several threads on his anti-Ally agenda hmmmmmmmmmmm

McCoist does really piss me off at times, but when you start to read these things you start to get a picture of all the crap he has to deal with and I don't think there are many out there who could deal with it.

I could deal with it no problem. Just knowing I had an 850K wage to look forward to would take away any real concerns.

I could deal with it no problem. Just knowing I had an 850K wage to look forward to would take away any real concerns.

Your statement shows someone who has no awareness of what the job entails.

850k will not help you sleep when you have 50,000 fans who are never happy, baying for your blood if you don't get it right, every word you utter is examined to the nth degree, the clothes you wear are commented on, you are very much the public face of Rangers and all the attention that attracts and at any time people feel free to ridicule you decisions when they do not have the full facts. And you have to face those same fans every other week, and they are supposedly on your side.

There is far more pressure on the managers of say Killie or St Mirren.

Yea cause they are expected to win/ get to the final of every cup they enter and win the league, while Rangers can have mid table finishes and all is fine.

850k will not help you sleep when you have 50,000 fans who are never happy, baying for your blood if you don't get it right, every word you utter is examined to the nth degree, the clothes you wear are commented on, you are very much the public face of Rangers and all the attention that attracts and at any time people feel free to ridicule you decisions when they do not have the full facts. And you have to face those same fans every other week, and they are supposedly on your side.

Do you not think Ally McCoist was aware of what the job entails before he accepted it? You sound as if you are making excuses for him. Every manager has the pressure to succeed in their job, some have more pressure than others. For example, Alan Johnston will be under more pressure than McCoist at this time.

Do you not think Ally McCoist was aware of what the job entails before he accepted it? You sound as if you are making excuses for him. Every manager has the pressure to succeed in their job, some have more pressure than others. For example, Alan Johnston will be under more pressure than McCoist at this time.

I don't think Ally could have had any idea of what was going to happen to Rangers when he took over as manager. I don't think anyone on this planet could have predicted the mess that ensued. You ask that question like the financial collapse never happened, we kept all our players, and kept the continuity of the squad we had, kept the same structure in the boardroom.

Ally has to try to do his job all the while not knowing when the next revelation or next round of upheaval is going to happen, it's been ongoing, we have not reached anywhere near an acceptable level of stability yet. Many said last season, that this season was the time where he would be judged as a manager, but we all thought then that the corporate/business structure was in place and stable, what a joke that turned out to be!

These are not excuses, but facts, and they clearly need pointed out as people like yourself think it's such an easy ride

Baying for your blood? Get a grip, all they want is success like the fans of most other clubs. When you put yourself up for the top job people are going to look at you. You take the rough with the smooth.

I think the unexplainable high salary would help me sleep, in fact I know it would. To be the manager of Rangers and have such a privileged life is the dream of many - there is no down side!

Do you think the current managers of either of those teams could being there squads into div 1 and have the same success as Ally? Do you think either of those managers would, managing this squad, do better than Ally - I don't. Managers at St mirren or the Killies of this world don't have the same need to deliver victory at every turn - expectation levels are low. Ally has done extremely we'll under very trying circumstances

Would killie and other teams managers be able to live with 100% league record not being good enough when every cunt plays us as if it is a cup final? Nah you are not on.

Two things I do criticise Ally for are

Everyone back for corners

Shoehorning players into a team to the detriment of team shape.

These do not in any shape or form demean the pressure he is under.

PS having a good salary does not remove stress or pressure. Only an imbecile or and extremely jealous person would suggest otherwise.