Personally, I don't miss that O&! F@*! fixture. What about you?

OlegKuznetsov

Do you miss that fixture?  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Do you miss that fixture?

• No
    • Yes

I do not believe that I am alone in not missing the fixture which the media love then moralise over. I have no desire to see our players and fans return to a fixture and environment where they are likely pelted with lighters, cans, bottles, cups of urine and sectarian or racial abuse. Nor do I want to see a snarling ned, foaming at the mouth, squaring up to and verbally abusing our coaches and players.

I do not miss the fixture at all. There is not one scintilla of desire in my being to see it ever again.

I still wish we were much bolder in pursuing alternatives to playing in Scotland, especially last year when we experienced unusual circumstances which may have allowed it.

However, do you miss the fixture? I only ask because there are many who don't believe that there are those among us who do not have a desire to meet the scum again.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scintilla?

Wtf does that mean :lol:

scintilla

sɪnˈtɪlə/

noun

Being honest I probably do, the sheer adrenaline rush of a goal against them and the buzz leading up to the game.

That said, I have no interest in them at the moment because of where we are but if we are drawn against them this season then the excitement and buzz will come back for me.

Not something I think we should be arguing over as I can totally understand why some Bears would be happy never seeing them again.

I think most people who say they don't are only kidding themselves on, that or they've never been in the Stadium when we've turned them over. The atmosphere, although poisonous is intense, it's the game where all the fans are usually united and singing (rare these days). There's few greater feelings that having them on the back foot.

I genuinly believe some of you are trying to convince yourself that you don't miss this fixture! It's the highlight of the season and the build up, euphoria of a win and pain of a defeat are what it's all about! There is no game that generates that level of excitement and emotion and not having that game or a competitive title race does take away from the enjoyment of the football season.....you always need an edge IMO....

At the moment I'm glad of the break until we're back where we belong. I'm not scared of them. I'd take them any time - would just be better to play them when we're back stronger.

Can't wait until the next time we play them, but I don't sit wishing my life away obsessing over an Old Firm game either.