Personally, I don't miss that O&! F@*! fixture. What about you?

OlegKuznetsov

Do you miss that fixture?  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Do you miss that fixture?

• No
    • Yes

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I hate the bullshit that goes with it...but I do really miss them(old firm games). Sorry but albion rovers and stenhousmuir do not exactly bring about the same level of excitement. I dread our first meeting again as it will be utter carnage...but beating them really is just the sweetest thing.

I agree they dont.

There are other football matches that do though. Not saying there is as much hatred because I dont know but if anyone thinks it's exclusive to us and derbies in places like Turkey, Italy and Argentina have no hatred between fans you're mental.

I agree they dont.

There are other football matches that do though. Not saying there is as much hatred because I dont know but if anyone thinks it's exclusive to us and derbies in places like Turkey, Italy and Argentina have no hatred between fans you're mental.

Again I didn't say these other places don't have intense rivalries, I said that they were local to their own little areas. Ours is worldwide and then some.

I think most people who say they don't are only kidding themselves on, that or they've never been in the Stadium when we've turned them over. The atmosphere, although poisonous is intense, it's the game where all the fans are usually united and singing (rare these days). There's few greater feelings that having them on the back foot.

Can't you grow up and understand that people have different opinions from you?

Aye I miss them not. I personally believe it will take at least a generation to heal the wounds. The love/hate relationship was already bordering on insanity. Do we need the financial incentives of the old firm probably but I reckon there will be to much bad blood for it ever to be worthwhile and I would fear real trouble

Aye I miss them not. I personally believe it will take at least a generation to heal the wounds. The love/hate relationship was already bordering on insanity. Do we need the financial incentives of the old firm probably but I reckon there will be to much bad blood for it ever to be worthwhile and I would fear real trouble

Love hate? :lol:

FFSSSSFFFFFFFFFFFFFFGfffffffs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what's the matter with u lot, being a ST for 26 years, I used look forward to the tension and aggro of their visit to the Broomloan Stand. From stupid papal flags to Paddy McCourt's Fen--n Army to a wee guy dressed as the pope blessing everybody. At half-time, when I wasn't going for a slash, I noticed that to a man they all sang and clapped to the "soldier's song." After the game you became normal again, went to the pub or go home and then calm down again. WATP.

At half-time, when I wasn't going for a slash, I noticed that to a man they all sang and clapped to the "soldier's song." After the game you became normal again, went to the pub or go home and then calm down again. WATP.

do you mean slash or sash :lol:

Sometimes get the feeling that some (Not the OP) want all our rivals to disappear and we play in a wee friendly league where everyone loves us and we can all enjoy the friendly banter as we all sing together.

Same. It is different and a new adventure going to away games and stadiums we've never been to, but I can't say I have been that excited or pumped up about a game in a long time. I don't get goosebumps at the thought of playing and beating Forfar for example. So aye enjoying the break, but canny wait to beat them again. Nothing is sweeter in football.