Cuts to players budget

folkestoneger

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ffs are some people still believing what is written in the rags,there all clutching at straws when writing about us so making things up seems justified to them,we know some cuts are to be made but dont let the rags fill your mind with thereguess work, :mad:

At the game on Sunday I heard the usual Daly and Foster rubbish around me. Totally lost on many people that Daly was involved in both goals (excellent knock down for the first goal) and Foster was not too bad. McCulloch, on the other hand, was a bombscare.

It pains me to say it, but there are too many Rangers men at Ibrox, on and off the pitch, making a lot of money for not the best input. Dealing with that situation alone would put us on a better footing before we even move onto the fringe player issues.

But hey, haven't a good few on here been saying the same thing for a long time?

ffs are some people still believing what is written in the rags,there all clutching at straws when writing about us so making things up seems justified to them,we know some cuts are to be made but dont let the rags fill your mind with thereguess work, :mad:

It's nothing bad that's written in the rags. 15% is nothing with a bit of elbow grease and thought.

Although Ally's idea of saving 15% is probably giving Foster and Smith 100k each in pay offs.

At the game on Sunday I heard the usual Daly and Foster rubbish around me. Totally lost on many people that Daly was involved in both goals (excellent knock down for the first goal) and Foster was not too bad. McCulloch, on the other hand, was a bombscare.

It pains me to say it, but there are too many Rangers men at Ibrox, on and off the pitch, making a lot of money for not the best input. Dealing with that situation alone would put us on a better footing before we even move onto the fringe player issues.

But hey, haven't a good few on here been saying the same thing for a long time?

How was McCulloch a bombscare? we didn't conceed a goal and he was at the heart of defence... if you going to use that logic on Foster and Daly then you can apply it to Jig too.

Jigs getting a bad press just now for no reason IMO he's one of our better and more consistent players.

Funny how none of the fans were shouting "spivs out" when we signed these players and gave them the money they are now on.

Fast forward to the current board who want to implement a more prudent strategy and they are still "spivs".

The wage bill is also nearer £7.5m is it not?

And if it was a 15% saving then fine. If i had my way it would be a 50% saving and NO player would be on more than £3k to £5k per week (and even that's generous for the league we play in)

So if we assume it is a 15% saving then that equates to just over £1m per annum.

Templeton is allegedly on around £8k per week. If he is not going to be part of McCoist's plans then there is almost half of it saved by selling him.

Then add in Cribari who is now a well paid and unused substitute...he must be on a fair wedge as well.

And if you add in Shiels, Perry and Hutton i reckon that's your 15% saved right away without any real detriment to the team.

Funny how none of the fans were shouting "spivs out" when we signed these players and gave them the money they are now on.

Fast forward to the current board who want to implement a more prudent strategy and they are still "spivs".

The wage bill is also nearer £7.5m is it not?

And if it was a 15% saving then fine. If i had my way it would be a 50% saving and NO player would be on more than £3k to £5k per week (and even that's generous for the league we play in)

So if we assume it is a 15% saving then that equates to just over £1m per annum.

Templeton is allegedly on around £8k per week. If he is not going to be part of McCoist's plans then there is almost half of it saved by selling him.

Then add in Cribari who is now a well paid and unused substitute...he must be on a fair wedge as well.

And if you add in Shiels, Perry and Hutton i reckon that's your 15% saved right away without any real detriment to the team.

I also think it's amazing how McCoist is never accountable for either singing these players or giving them these contracts in the first place.

Then it's poor Ally - player cuts :disappointment:

If true I think 15% isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I can understand some wanting more cuts for the league were in , but in a few months we're going to be in a division which will be a world away from what we've been in in the last couple of years.

If this 15% cut is accurate then that's perfectly reasonable IMO.

Shiels, Simonsen, Smith, Cribari & Perry should all be told they can leave and if McCoist & Durrant, McDowell can renegotiate their deals to something a bit less step then we should easily be able to cut the number required.

We need to look at other cuts within the club as well. The player wages to turnover ratio isn't that high so we should be looking at all other aspects of the club and not just the playing staff.

The review is of every aspect of the club its just the playing side that gets the headlines. The fact that the playing and coaching staff take up the majority of the wage bill is also relevant. We are paying far too much for the level we are at (and the management are getting EPL sized wages).

I also think it's amazing how McCoist is never accountable for either singing these players or giving them these contracts in the first place.

Then it's poor Ally - player cuts :disappointment:

Toughest task in history as Rangers manager.

Give him a 10 year deal!

Toughest task in history as Rangers manager.

Give him a 10 year deal!

Some people talk some amount of pish tbh it's the easiest task in Rangers history getting us up these lower league dregs with our resources the same way as it's the easiest task in Celtic's history for Lennon guiding them to first in a one horse league with their resources against the pish in the top flight.

Some people on here say guys like me have no sense of perspective dae we aye

Some people talk some amount of pish tbh it's the easiest task in Rangers history getting us up these lower league dregs with our resources the same way as it's the easiest task in Celtic's history for Lennon guiding them to first in a one horse league with their resources against the pish in the top flight.

Some people on here say guys like me have no sense of perspective dae we aye

Exactly. Ally and Lennon have had the easiest gigs in history for both clubs. No other manager has ever had the luxury of not worrying about a challenge for the league title, and they are both incompetent, tactically inept managers tbh. Maybe they will keep each other in a job, playing golf and cracking jokes the gither :lol:

whats the betting McCulloch saves the clear out "just cos". The sensible option is to lose the older players - McCulloch, Daly, Shiels, Black, Foster. They are instantly replaceable with who we have at the moment. Save money now to spend better at the end of next season. McCoist is probably looking to a cup final against the scum though so none will be cut, just Wallace. The majority should just be loaned out to get them off the bill for a bit until the review is done.