Joint top scorer in the Scottish Championship

plymouthranger

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bit of a weird comment considering we've averaged around 3.5 goals a game.

Dont care how many we average, our formation and tactics are not suited to certain types of strikers, Hemmings being one.

Only big battering ram srikers like Hateleys type would score lots goals for us, or daly to a much lesser extent.

You only need to look ar Nicky Clark to see what I mean. 41 goals lasr season for QOTS & to me, in our set-up, he doesnt even look like a footballer.

Dont care how many we average, our formation and tactics are not suited to certain types of strikers, Hemmings being one.

Only big battering ram srikers like Hateleys type would score lots goals for us, or daly to a much lesser extent.

You only need to look ar Nicky Clark to see what I mean. 41 goals lasr season for QOTS & to me, in our set-up, he doesnt even look like a footballer.

Andy Little scored lots for us last season, he's hardly a big battering ram is he?

Andy Little scored lots for us last season, he's hardly a big battering ram is he?

You can quote as many as you like, Little is def more muscle & pace than ability. Much more of a "battering ram" than Hemmings.

If youre happy with our "style" that is not suited to 99% of strikers, thats your call. Me? I despise our "style".....or lack of.

It has to be down to our formation and the style of play.

I agree he had a few injuries and never really got a decent run in the team, but I think he could of done a decent job, and would it if been that bad to keep him on at £1k a week?

We just don't give some players a chance, been seen in the past when a youth has started and played well only to be dropped the next game as jig is back or someone else undroppable.

Mind when he missed a one on one v Queens Park?

He was finished after that. Absolutely woeful for us, couldn't trap a bag of sand, looked like he was running through quicksand and other clichés. Was never going to work out for him, and it's his own fault. You don't "get time" at this club, you either do it or you don't.

I think he only started 3 games for us, having just came back from a serious injury. I'm not saying he is "Rangers class", and anyone who does hasn't read my post at all.

What i'm saying is that myself (and many others on this forum), despair when we're signing players (and allegedly still looking at players) who we simply don't need at this level. To make matters worse, players such as Daly, Shiels, potentially Kenny Miller etc. won't be that effective in the SPL in 2 years due to their advancing years.

Can anyone honestly tell me a side consisting of the likes of Gallacher, Gasparotto, Hemmings, Clark, Little, McAusland, Mitchell, etc. wouldn't have won the league last year? Or won the league this year? It seems to me that all of these players who are let go/denied opportunities by our management, could easily of got us back into the SPL. We would of needed to sign better players in the SPL, but we'll need to do that anyways with our current set-up.

We're obviously going to have to pay off a large chunk of our current squad, as their just not SPL class. Its sad that nobody in our management, saw that the level of our youth teams/reserves, were good enough to win these leagues on a 5th of our current budget...at least!

I think he only started 3 games for us, having just came back from a serious injury. I'm not saying he is "Rangers class", and anyone who does hasn't read my post at all.

What i'm saying is that myself (and many others on this forum), despair when we're signing players (and allegedly still looking at players) who we simply don't need at this level. To make matters worse, players such as Daly, Shiels, potentially Kenny Miller etc. won't be that effective in the SPL in 2 years due to their advancing years.

Can anyone honestly tell me a side consisting of the likes of Gallacher, Gasparotto, Hemmings, Clark, Little, McAusland, Mitchell, etc. wouldn't have won the league last year? Or won the league this year? It seems to me that all of these players who are let go/denied opportunities by our management, could easily of got us back into the SPL. We would of needed to sign better players in the SPL, but we'll need to do that anyways with our current set-up.

We're obviously going to have to pay off a large chunk of our current squad, as their just not SPL class. Its sad that nobody in our management, saw that the level of our youth teams/reserves, were good enough to win these leagues on a 5th of our current budget...at least!

I genuinely don't believe that a side consisting solely of those young players would have won promotion last year. They would have got battered from pillar to post and many are simply not very good. Hemmings didn't start many games but that was mostly down to him having awful injuries. Said it before, it would have been nuts to offer him a new deal

Edit - and that's not to say our transfer policy is any good at all. I agree that we've gone about it, in large part, in the wrong manner. Previous board has a lot to answer for. Letting Hemmings go was the correct decision though.

McCoist would have got slaughtered if Hemmings had been offered a new contract with us after his injuries and inept performances.

He's getting slaughtered anyway for his selections and the quality of football so adding Hemmings wouldn't make much difference

I genuinely don't believe that a side consisting solely of those young players would have won promotion last year. They would have got battered from pillar to post and many are simply not very good. Hemmings didn't start many games but that was mostly down to him having awful injuries. Said it before, it would have been nuts to offer him a new deal

Entitled to have your own opinion, but I think the evidence shows they'd of been fine.

Gallagher has played over 50 games in the lower leagues, for clubs such as Forfar, Cowdenbeath and Airdrie. Granted not of a high standard, but he'd of been solid at the level we're currently at. Certainly wouldn't of struggled last season

Little scored consistently at SPL level. In fact in our last year in the top flight, he was averaging a goal every other game. Might not be the best all round player, but he'd of been getting 20 goals a season in all of the lower leagues, when being played as a striker. I see little evidence to disprove this

Clark scored 40 goals for a side in this division last year. Was a good signing by our management, but he's hardly going to go on a great run for us when management refuse to play him for 90minutes consistently. Has still got a goal record of over a goal every 2 games for us.

Hemmings, currently top scorer in a division above us. Had he played 30+ league games in both this and the previous season, I don't doubt he'd of comfortably got 15+ goals (already has 12 at Cowdenbeath, who are pish by the way. So can't see how he'd fail to get more in a better side)

Gasparotto looked solid whenever played. I rarely saw him struggle in any matches which he featured in, so struggle to see how he'd get "battered from pillar to post" in the current season. The same goes for Mitchell and McAusland.

Combine the above with Jig, Wallace, Templeton, and various other players in our reserves/youth teams, who I can't be bothered to list as fully as the above, and we'd of walked this season. And the previous, and the next one for that matter. It wouldn't of been by 20-30point margins, but we'd of done it all the same.

:lol: fucking hell.

Kane hemmings had his chance, and failed to set the heather alight ever, in a Rangers shirt, he has found his level of club ( and by that i mean the expectation level of the club)

Wasn't strong enough in the mind to play for us.

The thing that we really miss with talking about these players is us. Rangers fans are a nightmare for kids to play in front of. We don't tolerate mistakes, we demand consistency. Look at Ross, Adam, Moore, more recently, Cole, Naismith, Hutton, Perry, Hegarty...

I didn't and still don't think Adam is great but he's probably took the most abuse of a youngster I've ever heard other than Maurice Ross