Joint top scorer in the Scottish Championship

plymouthranger

Guess who?

Still struggling?

Kane Hemmings. It's good to see that we're spunking thousands on players such as Daly etc. when we had players who could cope in these leagues on our own front door, on pennies...

I know the usual suspects will jump down my throat here, with cries of "he's pish" and "couldn't of coped at the rangers". My point is he could of, wasn't given a fair go (as in more than a couple of starts, we're talking a season or two here, which should of started last season), and will probably go on to get 25 goals this season. 25 goals, in a league which according to our manager "we'll need to strengthen for". Brilliant.

We had a real chance to change, how we as a club, produce the 11 players on the park. We've failed to do that. If we run into financial difficulties in the next 12 months (and whilst this may not be an eventuality, its certainly a possibility), its entirely our own doing. I realise the likes of Little, Hemmings etc. may not of been stalwarts when we were back in the top flight, but they'd of at least been handy squad players who cost us little in wages. Instead it seems we'll just resign Kenny Miller, to twiddle his thumbs until we have to pay him off as a 34 year old who can't cut it in the top flight any more...brilliant.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He was never going to make it at Rangers.

Sandaza was scoring goals for fun in the SPL though looked like a bag of shite for us up front, some players just can't cope with playing for Rangers.

Point taken, i'm not saying he was going to become a great player for us. But he'd of done, certainly for last season and this one. Probably for the next judging by his goalscoring at a brand new club.

My problem is if he becomes top scorer, and gets a move to an SPL side (which isn't unfeasible in the slightest), we'll once again of let an SPL-standard (not a good or great one, but an acceptable squad player who could provide competition on a tiny wage) player, bugger off for our own short-sightedness.

Shinnie, McCormack etc. we're all deemed as "couldn't hack it for rangers", yet we'd happily have them in the top flight. We're far too impatient with youth, and that's ultimately got to be a poor reflection on our coaching staffs ability

Sandaza scored goals he couldn't do it when we signed him. Filip Sebo scored loads of goals, couldn't do it with us, the same goes for Kane hemmings he has scored loads of goals playing for other clubs but couldn't even run never mind score when he played for us.

When we gonna open up the Kane Hemmings sub-section?

Put simply, he was dreadful for us and suffered from horrible injuries. We had absolutely no choice but to release him on the end of his contract. If you'd have given him a new contract given how little he was capable of at our club, you are a mentalist.

Delighted he's doing well now but it doesn't change a thing about how little he was capable of at our club

i think the OP has a fair point here, he wasnt given a fair crack of the whip and had recovered from a very serious long term injury.

Cant recall him getting any more than a few games together.

Its made worse by the dearth of top quality strikers produced by our youth system (I know he wasnt strictly our youth.

Sums up our current situation, let go of a decent prospect who then goes and becomes a decent player somewhere else, while we throw money at players we will eventually have to pay off to get rid of.

He did look dreadful for us. Whether that's down to limited ability or the very poor coaching methods we have I'm not sure. Possibly a combination. We may as well have stuck with him instead of spunking cash on Daly who is never going to get better and will have minimal tangible value in the SPL

He did look poor for us, even after his loan spell last year.

It might be down to ability, which he showed in glimpses, but I, personally think it's more down to mentality. Plenty players can perform for smaller clubs, but when put into a side where there is far more expected of you, it takes someone both good technically and mentally to cope with the demands. Hemmings is performing well in a side, who most likely would be happy to escape relegation each season,I.e. low expectations, and fair play to him, but I feel he couldn't cope with the demands of playing with Rangers.

It's happened with players before, Gow, Sandaza, and many more have all performed well at their previous clubs , but struggled with ourselves.

Please tell me that Kane Hemmings is going to be the next guy that the fans point to and say 'look he is scoring goals now and we let him go'

He was playing shit with us look a poor player to me. Add into that he is scoring goals in whatever league he is in its still a shit standard and not good enough for us when we get back to spl.