*****The Official Rangers v Arbroath Thread*****

Frank Reynolds

You see lads, people on here like eejay etc can't even enjoy the fact of Rangers winning a game. No matter how the performance has been I've always enjoyed my team scoring a goal and celebrated it, the debate on team performance can wait. For the moment we came from behind and won.

I suggest keeping a close watch on this type of "supporter". And I'd perhaps ask people in eejay's camp to try and have a look again at the word "supporter" and perhaps use it as a gauge on their person.

Well, another 3 points – and yet another day of embarrassing, substandard, schoolboy football – my apologies to all aspiring schoolboy players!

Is this meant to be entertainment – does Ally, Jig, the coaching staff and players really believe this is acceptable? Do they all believe that the fans cannot see the fundamental flaws throughout this team?

I’m sorry, but I’m fed up trying to be constructive in my criticism. I have studiously avoided criticising Ally this season; have refused to join the ‘Ally out’ brigade, and have made every effort to ‘hang my hat’ on the fact that we’re miles ahead and will, undoubtedly, win this league and gain promotion……….but I have to say WE ARE UTTER RUBBISH!!

Arbroath - a team that had won only 5 games before today, and were 41 points behind us – made us look like rank amateurs - even more inept than we have looked in recent games.

No one – and I mean no one – emerged with any credit today. We are so poor; so totally disorganised; leaderless; devoid of any basic tactics or skill and we simply can’t put two passes together! Our football is aimless – almost clueless!

If our football is aimless and clueless, then I have to say that Ally looks even more so. I have tried hard to support him, but the serious doubts that I have deliberately put to the very back of my mind since the season started, are now screaming at me every game we play.

We’ll have to persevere until the end of the season – that’s the sensible thing to do – but some very important decisions must be taken once promotion is secured. First of those major decisions must be whether or not Ally is to remain as our manager for the new campaign. Personally, I have significant doubts. The next decision must be – how many of our current squad do we show the door?

You surely had this typed out well before full time. 23 points clear. Oooh, squeaky bum time in the league.

You see lads, people on here like eejay etc can't even enjoy the fact of Rangers winning a game. No matter how the performance has been I've always enjoyed my team scoring a goal and celebrated it, the debate on team performance can wait. For the moment we came from behind and won.

I suggest keeping a close watch on this type of "supporter". And I'd perhaps ask people in eejay's camp to try and have a look again at the word "supporter" and perhaps use it as a gauge on their person.

I cheer everytime when my team scores, so what's your point? Just because we score doesn't make up the overall performance. Yes we keep winning and yes that all that matters to some degree but when we do face better oppositions we will get found out. 2 goals conceded to the pish that is Arbroah who are near the bottom of the table. We should not only be scoring goals and winning we must out play the opposition, especially in these leagues. Are you trying to tell me that some of these part time teams don't look fitter than our boys? And yes or no to that question please.

Don't patronise me you fuckwit .I'm more of a supporter than you will ever be .

Another victory but a few players did it for us a good few were off their game. LM was done for pace, Law lingered with possession all afternoon, Wee Aird showed flashes but his decision making and final ball not all that good, DS had to go, LMc was tired looking and big JD struggled to get in the match

There is no need to argue about it. We won, but we all agree the performance was crap and have been for a while. I think some would like to know what exactly do we do when we are training cause to me, we're just doing enough to win when we should be dominating. If Temps was still off form would we have won the game? Ask yourself that one.

I cheer everytime when my team scores, so what's your point? Just because we score doesn't make up the overall performance. Yes we keep winning and yes that all that matters to some degree but when we do face better oppositions we will get found out. 2 goals conceded to the pish that is Arbroah who are near the bottom of the table. We should not only be scoring goals and winning we must out play the opposition, especially in these leagues. Are you trying to tell me that some of these part time teams don't look fitter than our boys? And yes or no to that question please.

That's good, you're not in eejay's camp. I asked him on several occasions and he wouldn't answer my question why he didn't celebrate the goals being scored or the team winning. If he did say, "but I do" that would have been the end of it.

My point is unrelated to you as you do celebrate, I was purely making a point about people who don't enjoy a goal scored or game won by their team.

Still don't think McCulloch should be playing at CH. I like him but if he is going to play he should be playing up front...

Shiels was woeful today and contributed nothing, Aird also had a bad day and seemed to deteriorate in confidence as the game wore on.

I have said before but I would really liek to see Faure and Mohsni at CH, Peralta at RB, McLeod and Law CM with Templeton down the left and maybe Crawford get a chance on the right.

Daly needs a rest as well, Get Little and McCulloch up top for a couple of games

I wonder what Man City's wage bill is. I see they are digging out a 3-2 win against Watford at home.

Are Watford part time?

Do they train twice a week?

Are their players paid expenses/peanuts while working a full time job?

No. Therefore you can't compare results as we are playing part timers while man city are playing a full time team one league down from the premiership with players on 10k+ a week.

Rather have Priscilla Presley than Steven

Rather have Priscilla Presley than Steven

Was gonna go for Reg Presley but I thought the kids on here wouldn't know who he was!!

Question :

Was Stockbridge more or less competent as a Financial Director than McCoist is as a manager?

If I was GW and reviewing performance, I'd be having a long hard look at the manager's position.