*****The Official Rangers v Arbroath Thread*****

Frank Reynolds

Where has anyone said we were world beaters? Are you taking things to the extreme in order to validate your stance?

Why didn't you celebrate your team scoring two goals in close succession which means we look to have WON this game? Other aspects can be debated at other times, but just now Rangers are playing.

one - lol

yep and playing pish .A score line either way against part timers does not alter that

spoiled brats!?

I don't see how having the 2nd largest wage bill in Scottish football and therefore expecting a decent level of football/comfortably beating part timers is being spoilt.

We know about the wages change the fucking record. The performances are pish,

Ally can't win either way. If his team come back they shouldn't have been behind in the first place, if they win then it's not by enough goals or the correct style of football. If they score 4+ goals it's the way it should be.

Ally put LM in holding role and let's control some games FFS so we can get over this incessant fucking Ally bashing.

Still an terrible performance by us

Top v bottom

And we are hanging on at the end

We need CHANGE pronto

I was never one of them people that dismissed McCoist and his managing ability but the past few games and some before we have been really poor in terms of being able to press opposition teams, do simple passes, work as a team, formation. For me our team is two deep, and you wonder why we always get pressed, our defense isn't great so why does McCoist allow this to happen and put more pressure on our defense. Seems to me McCoist is doing the same formation as Walter Smith, but with players that don't have the attributes to play this kind of formation. We do need change, and quickly i hope Ally does sort it out but i can't see it. It was a good comeback but the performance was pish.

he is doing what he said he would, take rangers bk to top.we r storming through these leagues.so direction looks good to me.

Aye, but anyone with our vasts resources and wage bill could achieve this. Is it hard to ask for players to be training properly and managing to string a few decent passes? Is that really too much to ask with the amount of money we dish out?

We know about the wages change the fucking record. The performances are pish,

Ally can't win either way. If his team come back they shouldn't have been behind in the first place, if they win then it's not by enough goals or the correct style of football. If they score 4+ goals it's the way it should be.

Ally put LM in holding role and let's control some games FFS so we can get over this incessant fucking Ally bashing.

The point is that Ally shouldn't be there. I would hope that next season he is working for one of those teams that are desperately trying to headhunt him. If he's still at Rangers then we don't have much chance of hitting the top flight running.

Well, another 3 points – and yet another day of embarrassing, substandard, schoolboy football – my apologies to all aspiring schoolboy players!

Is this meant to be entertainment – does Ally, Jig, the coaching staff and players really believe this is acceptable? Do they all believe that the fans cannot see the fundamental flaws throughout this team?

I’m sorry, but I’m fed up trying to be constructive in my criticism. I have studiously avoided criticising Ally this season; have refused to join the ‘Ally out’ brigade, and have made every effort to ‘hang my hat’ on the fact that we’re miles ahead and will, undoubtedly, win this league and gain promotion……….but I have to say WE ARE UTTER RUBBISH!!

Arbroath - a team that had won only 5 games before today, and were 41 points behind us – made us look like rank amateurs - even more inept than we have looked in recent games.

No one – and I mean no one – emerged with any credit today. We are so poor; so totally disorganised; leaderless; devoid of any basic tactics or skill and we simply can’t put two passes together! Our football is aimless – almost clueless!

If our football is aimless and clueless, then I have to say that Ally looks even more so. I have tried hard to support him, but the serious doubts that I have deliberately put to the very back of my mind since the season started, are now screaming at me every game we play.

We’ll have to persevere until the end of the season – that’s the sensible thing to do – but some very important decisions must be taken once promotion is secured. First of those major decisions must be whether or not Ally is to remain as our manager for the new campaign. Personally, I have significant doubts. The next decision must be – how many of our current squad do we show the door?