Daly

charlesblue

...Yes Daly is a bit off form at the minute but he did score and barring a slip would have had two yesterday....to be fair hes never been the most mobile of forwards but that's never stopped him scoring lots of goals..hes smart enough to make the runs and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time and he gives any backline a hard time in the air...was it not him that got hauled down for our penalty?..for me Daly will come good again soon ..its young Aird I,m concerned with just now he had a nightmare yesterday and its not just yesterday his crossing is not great maybe its time to give him some bench time and give Crawford a few starts...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would out him he has done what he was brought into do it's not if he his good enough for us to take him forward with us i would not want him upfront when we are back in the spell got to be looking someone better give someone else in the team his role till the end of the season & then go out & buy one who would do a job in the spell i think we have paid enough out keeping deadwood in our team as that's how i see him now

What a lazy bastard.

Sponging wages off us for 3 years offering absolutely fuck all to the team bar the odd tap in.

Fair do's he should have a partner, but Christ, I thought Boyd was immobile.

Bench for a couple games please, Little and Shiels up top; let him know he's not guaranteed a place.

Won't happen though.

A lazy bastard?

By all accounts he is or top goal scorer.

Jon is off form at the moment, but to call him a "lazy bastard"? His dad died recently. Show some respect. The "bastard" patter is out of order.

There's no doubt he has hit a dip in form but don't think he has been the only one in the team. Just thought at last weeks game too many Bears were on most of the teams back from early on. There was some really slack play I thought and some of the flack was deserved for its continuance throughout the game. Big Daly is no different from the younger players he will thrive on confidence as we seen earlier in the season. We are moving to a critical point of the season now with the cup games coming again and he will have to find that form again as will a few others.

If the team actually played some decent balls into him then he would do a lot better. Other teams can see through the constant long hopeful balls up to him and are ready for them. Very few players are doing well just now, yet Daly gets thread after thread devoted to him. Ridiculous.

Personally I prefer playing with small , fast forwards and keeping the ball on the ground . Historically , tho , other than a few years ( Advocaat and McLeish ) Rangers have always played the high ball to the big center forward.

As for Daly , overall , I've been happy with him although his form , along with several others , has dipped.

Tho , if we draw a spfl team in the cup , he'd be one of the first in my team.

Said at the time the only reason we would sign him was to punt the ball up to him or for him to hold the ball up. He's proved me wrong on his goalscoring form, but the rest has been spot on. He's part of the problem why our football is so poor and until he's dropped for a faster, more mobile striker, we'll continue playing the same pish high ball to no-one.