Upper Tier Tax Tribunal starts today

quinty

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know if Oldco lose this, it has no bearing on us apart from giving others a chance to shout the same of shit they have been for years

But what would Oldco winning do for us (if anything)?

we could say get it up you yet again to everyone else

I'd go for that

I know if Oldco lose this, it has no bearing on us apart from giving others a chance to shout the same of shit they have been for years

But what would Oldco winning do for us (if anything)?

not a thing mate.

excwpt being able to use the win as a "fuck you" to any taigs you know that called us cheats.

not a thing mate.

excwpt being able to use the win as a "fuck you" to any taigs you know that called us cheats.

(tu) Thought not

And to be honest, there's not much grief I get on that front, people have quite a soft spot for the bears down here.

My mate is a mod on a swans forum, and he was telling me about a thread where they were talking about favourite non-swansea football songs, and FollowFollow was up at the top, so it's not bad being down here.

Then again, you get the odd wanker, who I only have to remind about the current investigation into the Liberty to get them to pipe down :wink:

Would still like it to be won.

It would mean that we went through everything for no good reason and that Lloyd's were wrong to force us into Whyte's hands. It all shouldn't have happened.

If that's how it turns out, then let nobody else in Scottish football moan about their imagined injustices.

If 'they' do this appeal will go to the Supreme Court.

It's said that the higher the level of appeal goes to the more HMRC wins!

They have the time and resources to go all the way with this - and they will.

Incidentally, I don't feel that this dispute affects us anymore. In fact losing the appeal allows BDO to go after Murray, Lloyds and Whyte in a big way and frankly I want to know the whole story if that (IMO) shady transaction.

The Supreme court only deals with Human Rights issues, I am not aware of any tax case going through that particular court.

Why Rangers Football Club? Why not take the settlement offered by SDM? Why so aggressive? Why when chasing such sums are they able to add penalties and interest to a retrospectively closed loopholes?

Two words IMO. John Reid.

I am sure they could have chased many clubs for lesser amounts to win the trial case they apparently need.

Why are they continuing spending taxpayers money for no chance of recuperation from Rangers? There is more than a feel of test case here.

I don't think you realise just how many 1st tier and 2nd tier tax tribunals take place.

http://www.financeandtaxtribunals.gov.uk/Aspx/default.aspx

I don't think you realise just how many 1st tier and 2nd tier tax tribunals take place.

http://www.financeandtaxtribunals.gov.uk/Aspx/default.aspx

I am certainly aware of the numbers, the only high profile football club I remember discussing anything with (we don't do deals) HMRC was Arsenal for a different issue - which they did a deal on.

I would still like to know why we were targeted specifically and why they have pursued us so relentlessly.

nail firmly on the fukkin head ---- Neither the government in Scotland or London, nor the old bill, nor the SFA/SPL and certainly not the rat-bhastards in the media seem interested in answering this question.

Also want an answer on who from HMRC leaked information to the media.

Rhat Reids fingerprints have been all over this for years.

Undoubtedly "pulled in favours" in an attempt to kill us off. Even if we win this case again, I doubt it will go away any time soon.

They will appeal until they get the verdict they want.

Undoubtedly "pulled in favours" in an attempt to kill us off. Even if we win this case again, I doubt it will go away any time soon.

I didn't think another appeal was possible, is the UTT not the highest they can take this??

To be honest I can't believe they put in an appeal, it is a total waste of taxpayers money and when they lose they shouldn't be allowed to appeal again if there is an option for that. They are only trying it for two reasons, firstly because it is us and those wankers aren't impartial and secondly so they can learn from any mistakes they made first time round should they wish to go for other clubs if they feel they might have a case, and I don't just mean Scottish clubs.

That bastard Reid has done a real job on Scotland and Rangers the whole place is stitched up.