McCoist: Don't bank on title next year

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are where are at this moment in time.And we are at a place where we should not be.We have a terrible management team who is costing us a fortune.We have a captain who has made a fortune from Rangers and is passed his day.And we have a manager who wants to spend., spend, spend and knows the position we are in.We have nobody from our current management team watches our youth team play. Why does this guy get away with these statments.

If Barcelona can dispense with Puyol then Rangers can easily dispense with Lee McCulloch.

He is not a central defender in the same mould as Davie Weir who proved that he had the brains and talent to produce the goods well in to his late thirties

If he stays it should be on a pay as you play deal and only to cover for emergencies.

As for next season yet again McCoist has come out with comments that basically say he has no faith in the youngsters coming through.

Poor man management to even come out with such negativity. It could and should have been worded so much better even if he doesn't rate certain players.

If Barcelona can dispense with Puyol then Rangers can easily dispense with Lee McCulloch.

He is not a central defender in the same mould as Davie Weir who proved that he had the brains and talent to produce the goods well in to his late thirties

If he stays it should be on a pay as you play deal and only to cover for emergencies.

As for next season yet again McCoist has come out with comments that basically say he has no faith in the youngsters coming through.

Poor man management to even come out with such negativity. It could and should have been worded so much better even if he doesn't rate certain players.

In my 29 years I cannot recall a Rangers manager giving so many young players a run in the first team squad, and game time in the first team than McCoist.

Last season he had no choice.

This season he did have a choice. He went with older and more experienced players to get out of this league.

And what do you define as "young" then.

Bell - 27

Foster - 28

Mohsni - 26

McCulloch - 35

Wallace - 26

Templeton - 25

Black - 28

Law - 25

Aird - 19

Shiels - 29

Daly - 31

One player under 21

Last season he had no choice.

This season he did have a choice. He went with older and more experienced players to get out of this league.

And what do you define as "young" then.

Bell - 27

Foster - 28

Mohsni - 26

McCulloch - 35

Wallace - 26

Templeton - 25

Black - 28

Law - 25

Aird - 19

Shiels - 29

Daly - 31

One player under 21

Lewis MacLeod has made 24 appearances this season.

As for last season, it may well have been through choice but you can't have it both ways. McCoist has given youth a fair crack in the last two years.

Lewis MacLeod has made 24 appearances this season.

As for last season, it may well have been through choice but you can't have it both ways. McCoist has given youth a fair crack in the last two years.

And who was it he moved to accomodate the experienced players...McLeod.

Who would you say is the most effective midfielder at Rangers. I would say McLeod. So why move arguably your best midfielder to a position that nullifies to a certain extent his influence on a game?

And as for not having it both ways it was his decision to keep on playing the so called experienced players even when performances were well below par.

He could have played the promising youth players but chose not to.

So players like McAusland, Crawford and Gasparotto have seen a crucial season in their development pass them by.

And i don't see it changing next season unless financial issues dictate we lose a lot of our experienced players.

And yet again i will say i am not in favour of an entire team of 18 year olds. That is not what my point is about.

Am I the only one who reads the official site and reads statements from our manager?He was mis-quoted!!!! But.... fuck it we can trust the press to always tell us the truth. Manchester 2008, Hillsborough 89. Yet supporters trust this scum?

The official site talks shite too

Was only last week they edited Nicky Laws comments after the Stenny game when he said we should be wiping the floor with teams like that

Can imagine wallopers like Dickson doing the same thing to make McCoists comments look better

The official site talks shite too

Was only last week they edited Nicky Laws comments after the Stenny game when he said we should be wiping the floor with teams like that

Can imagine wallopers like Dickson doing the same thing to make McCoists comments look better

(tu)

Who would you say is the most effective midfielder at Rangers. I would say McLeod. So why move arguably your best midfielder to a position that nullifies to a certain extent his influence on a game?

And as for not having it both ways it was his decision to keep on playing the so called experienced players even when performances were well below par.

So players like McAusland, Crawford and Gasparotto have seen a crucial season in their development pass them by.

And i don't see it changing next season unless financial issues dictate we lose a lot of our experienced players.

And yet again i will say i am not in favour of an entire team of 18 year olds. That is not what my point is about.

Good post but will be lost on TWB.

This is what the blinkered don't seem to get. We should be wiping the floor with every single one of these teams as a minimum requirement.

You could put old Dick Campbell in charge and the results would still be the same.

However what Ally is doing is actually damaging the club. He knows Jig is finished yet he is his mate so will never drop him. He knows big Daly is on the way out and should be no more than a squad player back in the SPL. He knows McLeod is our best CM however he wont drop Black or Law regardless of performance.

He knows Foster is shite and is not the answer. He knows playing Smith at LM will grind the team to a halt and offers nothing moving forward.

He has the power to change this yet he perseveres because he will hold this record up as an almighty achievement when the wolves really are at his door after getting found out next season.

His comments about needing investment in the squad for the championship is an insult to the fans intelligence. He already has the tools at his disposal yet fails to utilise them. If some of the players aren't very good well that's his fault for offering them contracts in the first place.

I fear he is capable of some major calamities and i'm not 100% that Albion Rovers will be the walkover we think it will be.

This is what the blinkered don't seem to get. We should be wiping the floor with every single one of these teams as a minimum requirement.

You could put old Dick Campbell in charge and the results would still be the same.

However what Ally is doing is actually damaging the club. He knows Jig is finished yet he is his mate so will never drop him. He knows big Daly is on the way out and should be no more than a squad player back in the SPL. He knows McLeod is our best CM however he wont drop Black or Law regardless of performance.

He knows Foster is shite and is not the answer. He knows playing Smith at LM will grind the team to a halt and offers nothing moving forward.

He has the power to change this yet he perseveres because he will hold this record up as an almighty achievement when the wolves really are at his door after getting found out next season.

His comments about needing investment in the squad for the championship is an insult to the fans intelligence. He already has the tools at his disposal yet fails to utilise them. If some of the players aren't very good well that's his fault for offering them contracts in the first place.

I fear he is capable of some major calamities and i'm not 100% that Albion Rovers will be the walkover we think it will be.

Should I assume that you won't be apologising when he doesn't get 'found out' next season? Or can you at least tell us what getting 'found out' would look like.

Should I assume that you won't be apologising when he doesn't get 'found out' next season? Or can you at least tell us what getting 'found out' would look like.

I would love to have humble pie shoved back in my face!!

When I say 'found out' I mean he wont get away with relying on fitness to grind out results when the part time opposition are dead on their feet.

More teams will be having a go as well and fully expect Jig to struggle big time. However he wont be dropped.

While the championship is hardly the benchmark for a good quality league the standard we have been playing is no better than junior football and that game on Satarday was like going down to your local park the standard was so bad.

If as expected there is cuts and we lose players without replacing them he will be found out for not having the foresight to have pinpointed our weaknesses and at least having 2 or 3 younger players that could step up. Not one outstanding player in our defense I don't know why one or two haven't been tried.

The youngsters must lose heart when they get farmed our rather than be tested in the team.

His IS playing promising youth players. Aird and MacLeod have played 44 games between them this season.

Surely that would suggest that if the youth are good enough then they will get game time? The manager and his coaching staff see these guys every day in training, get reports on how they're playing in youth games and for the teams they have been loaned out to, etc. If McCoist did not trust the youth then why would he give at least 2 of them significant game time this season and not others? It doesn't make sense.

Blinkered? All I said was Ally has played more youth than any other Rangers manager I can recall.

Maybe I should be more like you and try my hand at mind reading and predicting the future?

His IS playing promising youth players. Aird and MacLeod have 44 have played 44 games between them this season.

Surely that would suggest that if the youth are good enough then they will get game time? The manager and his coaching staff see these guys every day in training, get reports on how they're playing in youth games and for the teams they have been loaned out to, etc. If McCoist did not trust the youth then why would he give at least 2 of them significant game time this season and not others? It doesn't make sense.

Well without wishing to demean either i feel it's because there are no viable alternatives for their positions. More so in the case of Aird. I think he did have a better option in young McKay but appears not to want to use him.

And that's two out of about a dozen he can call on. Hardly a ringing endorsement of a flourishing youth policy.

The last few months have shown me he is content to play more or less the same players week in week out regardless of their performances.

Cases could have been made to play Gasparotto in a few games. The same with Crawford and McAusland.

The opportunities were there and with a lead as big as ours the pressure is off McCoist as well.

He also has a few more coming through in Telfer, Halkett and Gallacher for example.

They don't have to play a lot of games and not all at the same time but i don't think he has utilised what he has as effectively as he should have.

Well without wishing to demean either i feel it's because there are no viable alternatives for their positions. More so in the case of Aird. I think he did have a better option in young McKay but appears not to want to use him.

And that's two out of about a dozen he can call on. Hardly a ringing endorsement of a flourishing youth policy.

The last few months have shown me he is content to play more or less the same players week in week out regardless of their performances.

Cases could have been made to play Gasparotto in a few games. The same with Crawford and McAusland.

The opportunities were there and with a lead as big as ours the pressure is off McCoist as well.

He also has a few more coming through in Telfer, Halkett and Gallacher for example.

They don't have to play a lot of games and not all at the same time but i don't think he has utilised what he has as effectively as he should have.

No, but neither does it show a manager afraid of giving youth a chance.

(tu)

No, but neither does it show a manager afraid of giving youth a chance.

So when McCulloch and Mohsni were out why didn't he look at Gasparotto who has been performing well in the U20's.

That's the kind of opportunity wasted as he preferred to bring in Cribari who is leaving at the end of the season.

What is to be gained by playing Cribari that is beneficial to the future well being of the team?

So when McCulloch and Mohsni were out why didn't he look at Gasparotto who has been performing well in the U20's.

That's the kind of opportunity wasted as he preferred to bring in Cribari who is leaving at the end of the season.

What is to be gained by playing Cribari that is beneficial to the future well being of the team?

Any answer I give on that would only be a guess. I don't know.

People keep mentioning this Gasperatto boy, I hope I get to see him in the first team soon. If he's good enough then I suspect we will eventually.

The same could be said of young Crawford. Been plenty opportunities to play him in midfield or supporting Daly but he's been left on the bench far too often this season.

Unless circumstances dictate otherwise i simply do not see much changing next season either.

To me it appears that the buy buy buy mentality of previous regimes is still prevalent in this regime.

And sadly it would appear there is now no real room for error to play the youths. The further up the leagues we go the more pressure there will be to simply beat the bheasts.