Candidates For Manager

JamieG54

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically we must advertise. I would go for one of the managers whose side has given us a fright in the last two years as we are looking to cut costs. Big names are not going to come to us for at least two years. I nearly shat it when Wallace was appointed manager. Only really knew of him as "that keeper who put us out the cup", but, by God, he was some appointment.

Rangers, my team not my project.

Mcinnes just signed a bumper deal with the sheep. He is essentially now more costly than any of their players. He is a non starter for us.

This is exactly where King can do a "Dermot Desmond" and sponsor/fund this move personally.

If King gets a big say (not chairman or CEO, but lots of influence) and McInnes is the unanimous choice, dealing with the sheep will not be a problem.

Still McInnes, Davies, Pressley, Butcher, Adams in that order. Just too early for Ian Murray.

Mentioned Stevie Clarke earlier but not sure where he is these days.

Mcinnes just signed a bumper deal with the sheep. He is essentially now more costly than any of their players. He is a non starter for us.

Has he signed ?

I don't claim to know anything about inside Rangers but I was in company of someone the weekend that knows Mcinnes' situation very well. A deal was on the table and the chairman was anxious to get it signed before the final but it wasn't done. The negotiating point was on how much it'd cost for him to be released he's allowing his people to deal with the financial details but their advice is a prohibitive release is to be avoided. Interesting enough they also think there is an English club that may be interested at the end of the season.

I think McInnes is going to be an excellent manager and if the job ever came up the club would be crazy not to have him right at the top of the list.