McCoist on STV. Fans need a reality check

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I possibly believe there's a lack of understanding in the respect a lot of people are probably judging the club and the team in the same way as they have done for 100 years.

"What we have is a fantastic squad of boys who are doing their best for the club, but they are maybe being judged along with the Rangers greats.

"I don't think that's possibly the right thing to do at the moment."

These players are being paid handsomely, regardless of how good they are, they are still better than everyone else we have come up against this season and will come up against for the rest of this season.

a reality check? haha you crack me up.

we are struggling to win against part time teams when we have spl/europe quality players and who are all on a wage bill of millions.

we need a new team management in place next season if we want to win the championship. the players are good enough to win it and maybe even get at least mid table in the premiership but something has gone wrong in management/training. needs to be addressed.

ally just thinks as long as we win then it's all good. i know we've gone unbeaten and won most games and that we're 20+ something points in front in the league but we shouldn't be struggling to do it. the quality of football is absolutely shite and crowds are decreasing. and if you hadn't noticed ally....we need that ticket money. in his own little world it'd be OK to keep on winning games when ibrox is empty. oh what does it matter if we are winning games????

These players are being paid handsomely, regardless of how good they are, they are still better than everyone else we have come up against this season and will come up against for the rest of this season.

Cheers for that. If they guys watched the interview and never seen it though they'll probably miss that quote as well.

Selective viewing/hearing.

I notice this quote wasn't posted:

He said: “I can totally understand the frustrations. I’ve been saying for 30-odd years that Rangers fans expect to win games and expect to be entertained along the way.

“That hasn’t changed and nor should it. The fans are absolutely 100 per cent entitled to their views and opinions and that hasn’t changed either over more than 140 years.

I don't think the fans need a reality check I think it is the management, coaching staff and players that need to get back to reality.

Fans spend their hard earned cash to go support the team and be entertained. If the entertainment isn't there of course we are going to switch off and stop going.

Ally really needs to stop and think before spouting this nonsense.

According to Ally, we have a lack of understanding because we are expecting our full time football squad that costs us £10m a year to beat Albion Rovers who cost £35k a year whilst comparing it to the likes of Laudrup and Gazza attempting to beat Celtic and top teams in Europe.

:anguish:

Line. Crossed. Cant even regard him as a Legend anymore. :( He can GTF. (tu)

According to Ally, we have a lack of understanding because we are expecting our full time football squad that costs us £10m a year to beat Albion Rovers who cost £35k a year whilst comparing it to the likes of Laudrup and Gazza attempting to beat Celtic and top teams in Europe.

So is that a direct quote?

I'm beginning to lose a little respect for Ally after watching that interview. It's not Sunday's result that is the issue, but the standard of football all season. I normally work overseas, but have been to every home game and a few away games since August and the football has been shocking.

If you can't separate him as a player and as a manager then I feel sorry for you.