Dean Shiels

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a luxury player that struggles especially in games where it's a bit of a scrap.

He might improve as we go up if there's more space to play between the opposition midfield and defence. Wouldn't be missed if he wasn't here though.

Similar to Temps in that he came with high expectations from us, he's had a bad time with injurys, on his day he can be unstoppable at this level but goes missing too much. Out of the two if i had to keep one it would be Templeton as he is more versatile than Shiels and fits more into our system (such as it is)

Like a few players today, I reckon he shat it when he saw the state of the pitch. Looked too scared to get in & about the game. Either that or just can't be fucked trying because we've won the league.

Unlike Mr Gallagher. I thought he was a stand out today, especially that first half. Had a real swagger about him and threw over some peaches of crosses.

Imo the way we set up, especially today doesn't help him. I think he's the kind of player that finds space in the oft referred to "hole" between the opposition midfield and defence. That's where you see him at his best. Unfortunately for him the team's we play against sit so deep, and their midfield is so packed and so close to the defence, that no space actually exists. He really needs two strikers to stretch a defence, and two wingers who regularly get in behind and to the byeline to create space for him and we just don't do this at all. We play with one up front and our wingers constantly cut inside making the centre of the park even more congested. Basically Shiels at the moment, for the way we play is useless to us. I'm not saying it isn't his fault. He should be doing more on a day like today to get in the game. He isn't clever enough with his movement, and is shrugged off the ball far too easily. It's far too easy to mark him out of the game. I think there is a player in there, but I think we should get rid of him in the summer, as it just hasn't worked out for him at Rangers and that is a shame. I'm sure an SPL team or an English championship/league 1 team would pay a few hundred K for him.

Dean sheils is either very good and involved in everything or completely anonymous. To be honest I think he is a luxury we could afford to jettison.

aye that's right lets get rid of one of our more skillfull players,ffs,he has to be played properly and a few passes to him wouldn't go amiss instead of the lump it up the park shite.

aye that's right lets get rid of one of our more skillfull players,ffs,he has to be played properly and a few passes to him wouldn't go amiss instead of the lump it up the park shite.

lets change the whole shape of our team so that when dean plays his 1 game a month were tailor made for his style eh?

Pretty much.

Isn't good enough to play the way we ask him to, isn't good enough to merit us changing for him.

(tu)

More talented players than him haven't made it with us for exactly the same reason.

He gave himself a reprive when he turned it on just as it looked like he was about to shifted on and lose the best money he will ever make in January but he's reverted to type since then so hopefully he's one we will shift in the Summer.

So you're happy with the lump it up the park shite then.

im not happy with a lot of things at the moment but dean has under performed and doesn't deserve to be fitted into any system on current form.hes probably one of many of the deadwood that needs shifted.

More miss than hit at Hibs, did not make it down South, did well at Killie when he was guaranteed a start every game and had the security of knowing that. Scored some great goals with us but apart from these goals has just looked out of touch in most games.

Certainly not worth the wages he picks up.