Barrie Mckay Steps Up

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

what a lot of point scoring pish bumping this thread.  

Most of the fanbase has turned around their opinion on Barrie.   A huge majority of the people on here thought he wasn't good enough.  He had been farmed out on loan a ton of times, he wasn't even getting a game at the teams he was loaned to some of the time.    This time two years ago , most of the people on here were right in their opinions.

It just so happens that he has turned it around and deserves a ton of praise for it.    The people who didn't rate him, don't need slagged off for it though.

Nothing worse than the bumping of years old threads to try and point score. 

Yes they do.  

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Lighten up m8 you on yer bad week :lol:

It was tongue in cheek ffs 

We don't put up with that kind of buffoonery on here, this is a very serious forum and sarcasm and jokes will not be tolerated. Reported.

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Why?  For being right at the time?

Barrie wasn't good enough two years ago.  He wasn't even good enough to get regular starts at loan clubs.

He was always good enough, the manager wasn't good enough to see it.  The same pish is happening with O'Halloran now getting ripped, it happened with Nicky Law earlier this season.  It's good to point out to some that going to games and posting on here doesn't mean you know fuck all.

Just now, CoplandStandBear said:

He was always good enough, the manager wasn't good enough to see it.  The same pish is happening with O'Halloran now getting ripped, it happened with Nicky Law earlier this season.  It's good to point out to some that going to games and posting on here doesn't mean you know fuck all.

pish.  If he was always good enough, then why have a host of managers left him on the bench?

When you aint even getting regular game time while on loan, then that suggests you are not ( or were not at the time) good enough.

The MOH situation is completely different.  He has only been here a few weeks, and there (IMO) are other reasons he is being written off, that have very little to do with football.   Peronally I think he will come good for us.   ALso you have made a huge assumption that most of the people who didn't rate him ( barrie), have not been to the games to see him play.  Not sure what difference that even makes tbh,  watching him play on TV is really no different than watching him play on the park.

12 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Nicky Law isn't good enough though ;)

Just now, gogzy said:

pish.  If he was always good enough, then why have a host of managers left him on the bench?

When you aint even getting regular game time while on loan, then that suggests you are not ( or were not at the time) good enough.

The MOH situation is completely different.  He has only been here a few weeks, and there (IMO) are other reasons he is being written off, that have very little to do with football.   Peronally I think he will come good for us.   ALso you have made a huge assumption that most of the people who didn't rate him ( barrie), have not been to the games to see him play.  Not sure what difference that even makes tbh,  watching him play on TV is really no different than watching him play on the park.

Because football managers in Scotland are dinosaurs and would rather play Stevie Smith out wide left.  McKay seems to have been getting a game on loan and his loans were extended on both occasions.  128 first team games at 21 isn't too bad.

O'Halloran is being written off like McKay was in that other thread, I get the feeling that will be bumped one day too.  Seeing the games on TV is good, but being at them and seeing them when the camera isn't on them you can appreciate their qualities that might not get picked up on TV.

2 hours ago, Rangers Lady said:

Taig like, not something I can be accused of

If i'm upsetting anyone's precious feelings, that wasn't my intent

The poor ego's that canna'e take a wee bit banter, like the Vardy thread

Closet wife beaters, now that's Taig like

Aye because me calling you a sad act, which you are, warrants you to accuse me of being a closet wife beater. Crackpot.

52 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

If he wasn't good enough Warburton wouldn't have had him about this season to get 25 appearances.  He'd have been punted permanently or on loan.

If he was good enough he would have more than 25 (predominantly substutute) appearances ;)

3 hours ago, gogzy said:

Why?  For being right at the time?

Barrie wasn't good enough two years ago.  He wasn't even good enough to get regular starts at loan clubs.

Agreed, three things all seem to have conflated to make him the player we see today.

1. MW arrived and introduced a style of football that suits McKay

2. He has grown in confidence

3. Seems, could be MW again, to have a more professional attitude

Both player and club reaping the rewards.

I was one of his critics am happy to be proved wrong.   Even in the very early days I said on here he looks more like a 10 than a winger, I stand by that.

4 hours ago, gogzy said:

Nothing worse than the bumping of years old threads to try and point score. 

You should move it to the boardroom section. Point scoring is what's is for isn't it?

I don't have an issue with point scoring threads.  It's generally the ones who get it spectacularly wrong who have the issue. 

What I take from this is Barry had proved a lot of people wrong.  Good for him. Even more so perhaps those so quick to write off our young players as not good enough may have a second thought in the future. Players mature at different ages. I'm still waiting on Templeton learning when to pass the ball.