Charlie Green was right.....

DavieMacRFC

I think McCoist has to go. The results the last 2 weeks have shown him and the team he has built are not fit for purpose. Of the 11 starters yesterday, I'd keep Fraser Aird. The rest I'm not fussed over. Law and Mohsni must go in the summer at the very least.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have since read that the board are currently trying to legally scrap an email he sent to his 'pal' ahmed, authorising a crazy bonus.

It's a legal dispute, Green said months ago he'd have to tell the truth when it came to a court case, doesn't mean he agrees with suing us.

Green saved the club. You can argue that fact all day and night if you like (tu)

Green saved the club, from what exactly "Liquidation"

You can argue that fact all day and night if you like, "I certainly would"

The Greenies remind me off the old Carry on sketch "Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!"

Green saved the club, from what exactly "Liquidation"

You can argue that fact all day and night if you like, "I certainly would"

The Greenies remind me off the old Carry on sketch "Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!"

Green done a pre and post CVA

History re writing again as usual with some on here

Cringing at some of the shite in this thread. CG wasnt the Messiah but he took us out of admin while Rangers men stood with hands in pockets. He didnt single handedly save us but played his part. And I have seen no evidence that he was corrupt or was a front for Whyte or anyone. Never seen anything to prove he tried to screw us. He was held over the fire by SFA and did what he could in regards to 5 way agreement etc. We were all completely desperate. And CG never hid the fact he hated the 5wa and the SFA and that they mistreated us.

He called it before most of us did. Now were all fighting about Ally when CG got slated fot criticising him.

And he earned his money and took it - exactly what he said he would do. Some act like the staff should be hung for earning a wage through Rangers and people who say "id do it for free" are talking shite.

Too many bears trusted the media concerning CG,the same media who call us bigotd and say were not the aasame club etc. We were constantly being lied to by the media but some believed what they said about CG because it suited there agenda.

Cringing at some of the shite in this thread. CG wasnt the Messiah but he took us out of admin while Rangers men stood with hands in pockets. He didnt single handedly save us but played his part. And I have seen no evidence that he was corrupt or was a front for Whyte or anyone. Never seen anything to prove he tried to screw us. He was held over the fire by SFA and did what he could in regards to 5 way agreement etc. We were all completely desperate. And CG never hid the fact he hated the 5wa and the SFA and that they mistreated us.

He called it before most of us did. Now were all fighting about Ally when CG got slated fot criticising him.

And he earned his money and took it - exactly what he said he would do. Some act like the staff should be hung for earning a wage through Rangers and people who say "id do it for free" are talking shite.

Too many bears trusted the media concerning CG,the same media who call us bigotd and say were not the aasame club etc. We were constantly being lied to by the media but some believed what they said about CG because it suited there agenda.

Another fantastic post well done sir

Thought when this thread started it was all about Ally and his need to win cups. Of course, that was CG's expectations. He would have had it written in that he was due his bonus for his contribution to winning cups as well as league titles.

Thought when this thread started it was all about Ally and his need to win cups. Of course, that was CG's expectations. He would have had it written in that he was due his bonus for his contribution to winning cups as well as league titles.

Every thread turns into anti green to save the fat le guens face

What like? Assuming my parents would feed their dog? They have been pretty good at it over the years.

I agree though, far too many assuming that green actually saved rangers. He did nothing of the kind.

Still assuming.

I will admit that some facts are hard for people to accept than others so I won't judge you as we have all been there at one point or another.

Still assuming.

I will admit that some facts are hard for people to accept than others so I won't judge you as we have all been there at one point or another.

You are the one dodging a fairly simple question.

Did I save my parents dog by feeding him earlier? I would say not given my parents would have fed him if I had not. It is a simple question, I dont see why you cant answer it.

You can't just say your not going into this

Tell me in simple terms how green never saved the club

Woman's prerogative to start something and not finish it! :lol:

What I will say is I think it was you (although I may be mistaken) who put the chicken and egg scenario to me.

I sincerely, hand on heart, think someone would have bought us had CG not fronted the consortium who would eventually be the ones to be given preferred status.

Although I never particularly trusted CG I don't berate him for the money he took. He always said from word go that he was here for the money so I never understand why so many people are upset that he got what he was always in it for.

CG stood up and put up the money along with his consortium while all the Rangers Men fucked about and came up well short. I am grateful for what Charles did for our club, and gave us fans the opportunity to buy season tickets, etc and get us going again.

No rewriting of history in this thread by some will change my mind.

CG was indeed right. The 2nd highest football wage bill in Scotland and after nearly 2 seasons of so-called recovery the team can't even win a diddly Ramsdens Cup and showed no material improvement from the team that lost in the Scottish Cup to DUFC last season. No material improvement whatsoever. None. The high wage bill - including the high wage bill for the Manager - have simply been used by the Manager to field a team to get promotions. IMO it is showing absolutely no signs of any material improvement in quality of play and of an ability to challenge effectively those clubs who pay a lot less but perform in the top flight. I don't buy into the 'we did not have best players available' argument. That is why there is a big squad of expensively paid players.

Judging this season as a success simply because we win the league with a large margin of points is not really a high standard of success when you look at the players and the cost of wages in dong this. If the bar is that low - and that single measure of success is low by Rangers standards - then there is more than a risk that the Club becomes plain ordinary in terms of its football ambition and success. Good players are becoming less than ordinary and young players striving to rise to be ordinary. Is that where 2 years of the journey have taken us? A team that should be well equipped to win promotion next season is shown up by Raith last weekend as a team that has nowhere near enough guile or ambition to win big games and shown up yesterday as miles away from a standard of required competitiveness from players that should and could do very much better.

What we are seeing on the pitch is not what Rangers should be delivering with the resources available to the Manager. They have under-performed massively in these last 2 games and so has the Manager. Charles was right.